MAC 212 Flat Definer

4.1

This is perfect for appying eye shadow underneath lower lashes. It's versatile though, great for any sort of precision work.

on 1/16/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

bought this brush for using it to carve out my brows with concealer, everyday after filling in my brows with anastasia pomade, i use this with studio finish concealer everyday to clean up my brows, this brush is very sharp and precise and is easy to clean, can't live without this brush for shaping my brows

on 10/20/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a NC50 shade. As per what another user said I also use it to apply NC45 concealer along the brow bone to get that definition. AS a newbie with make up I can say that this brush is very easy to use and give my concealed a flawless look. It's the only brush I use every day/

on 8/17/2014 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is so multipurpose. I use it to apply concealer along the brow bone to get that definition. Fantastic for applying gel liner and when doing the flick just one push and you are there just connect with the line and you have a perfect cat eye. I agree that you shouldn't drag the brush just push each time if that makes sense. I love it also for applying shadow below the waterline. It doesn't apply too thick like I used to use the 219 pencil brush. I really would say that the 212 should be a firm staple in anyone's brush collection.

on 11/17/2013 6:21:00 AM

My 212 is the brush I use everyday, without fail.

- Works great with regular eyeshadows, eyeliner gels, wet/dry loose eye dusts and creams.
- brilliant tight-lining brush! Creates a line so even and thin, that it looks like I just have perfectly lush lashes
- builds from a fine line to a wider line easily, just tip the brush at an angle to adjust the width - or simply go back over again to make it a little thicker.
- never, never blurs lines. This will get you using and loving tight lining or regular lining with e/shadows like a pro. Seriously, it makes it a breeze.
- I use MAC Black Tied regularly as a liner with this brush. Heaps of people say 'hey nice eyeliner!'
- works fabulously with Fluidtrack
- makes Napoleon Perdis loose eyedusts (wet with a drop of the NP cake line sealer in the lid) into fabulously rich, vibrant, smooth eyeliners in any colour you can create.
- Can use brush in a fluid line, sweeping across lash line, or press into lash line - push and wiggle.

I cannot live without this brush. I've owned it for years and it's still going strong. It is perfectly shaped, not too wide and not too narrow, the size if the brush is so easy to work with.

Like most MAC brushes, it has the black handle and the writing/logo can tend to wear off but I can still see the 212 on it. Lovely quality and super versatile for eyes.

I sometimes use this to shade up in the crease, it does flicks and winged eyes neatly and easily, I sometimes just keep on with the same brush and shade in as needed.

There are other flat liner brushes and angle brushes - try this one - it is not too wide and not too fiddly to get a smooth, clean line every time! And tight lining is a breeze!! Give it a go, it's so effective.

I am going to buy a couple more of these so I can switch colours quickly and also I want to make sure I'm never without this brush.

Oh and a really fast way to do an interim clean with this brush, especially if using gels or wet tight lining, is just get one of those little cotton round (disc shaped cotton wool) and lay the brush flat, double the cotton disc over to be a half moon, press down and gently slide the brush out. It does not ruin or pull on bristles, rather it gently draws the gel etc out in just a couple of swipe throughs - great if you are in a hurry or somewhere without brush cleaner. I do this often and my brush works good as new.

Highly recommend the 212!

on 9/27/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most amazing eyeliner brush I have ever had. It is not only fantastic as a liner (on the lid or in the waterline) but I use this to fill in my brows, it makes them look precise, neat, and clean, no smudges! I love this :)

on 9/18/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've never been able to apply eyeshadow under my lower lashline perfectly, it always seemed to be a little choppy, uneven or too thick. I've tried lots of brushes, the 219, 226, No7 etc but none of them gave me a nice, straight, thin line. I noticed that my favourite YT guru Jaclyn Hill always seems to use this brush to apply shadow to her lower lashline so I decided to get it. Well, my troubles seem to be over! I dip this brush into my chosen shadow and glide it through my lower lashline. I get the thin, straight line I've been desiring for so long. It's synthetic, good quality and multi-purpose - you can use it for tightlining, brows, eyeliner, so definitely one to invest in.

on 5/18/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Dear lord you're not supposed to GLIDE this over your lashes. It's a push liner brush and you PUSH the product into your lash line and tightline. Just pick up some eyeshadow or gel eyeliner, PUSH the product in and wiggle it a bit and do the same to the rest of the space. Do NOT use this as a normal eyeliner brush. Remember to use it ON the base of your lashes and not as an eyeliner above your lashes!

on 3/10/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite brush, along with the MAC 239. I use this to:

- tightline my upper and lower lashes
- line my eyes with powders and gels (each "push" covers a lot of territory!)
- apply gel liner to my waterline (very gently!)
- smudge my lower and/or upper lashline
- create narrow gradients of color along my lower lashline

Because I do at least one of those things every single day, this brush is indispensable. :)

on 3/8/2013 5:36:00 PM

i can honestly say that the bad reviews are down to people that dont know how to use this brush. i use to be someone that had no clue about makeup and brushes, but after some hard research and practice, im finaly there. honestly, this brush is amazing IF you know how to use it correctly. i use it with the mac black track gel liner and it gives a lovely line. the trick is not to drag the brush along.. just place it on the lash line, hold it in position and gently move back and forth, then lift the brush and move along. .. dont know if i have worded that correctly but just dont drag. absolutly lovely brush. and yes mac brushes are pricey but it will last you years! i know people who have had brushes for 10 years by mac. well worth the investment. :)

Top Rated MAC Products