April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Top/Base Coats - MAC - Underlacquer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This base goes on in a thin, smooth coat and really does prevent nails from chipping. I got it at a CCO for around $8, which is about the same price as most drugstore base coats. I was previously using OPI, which doesn't even compare. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ladyice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my color last 5 full days before a single chip!! That's nothing short of a miracle because, previously, I'd start getting chips, and then peeling, after only a day or two. With Underlacquer, I was really careful the first couple of days (wearing gloves while doing dishes and cleaning...no long soaks in the tub, etc.) but all bets were off by Day 4 when I was trying on several pairs of new sneakers. I pulled and re-laced over and over and thought my nails were through. Not one chip though! So I went home and did the dishes without gloves. Then I cleaned with Windex and antibacterial wipes, without the gloves. I was in dire need of hand lotion, but my nails still looked great. I opened some pop top cans, tore away some dvd wrappers and typed several long e-mails. And now I have a chip on my right index finger- at the end of Day 5.
This is definitely worth a couple of extra dollars! It dries really fast and also seems to have made my nails feel stronger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 1:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this base..makes my nail polishes last longer and stuff :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

Ever since I started using their Underlacquer and Overlacquer, I have noticed that my nails are healthier. This is a great base coat. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by chloeism21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As far a basecoats go, I guess this ranks right up there with the best of them for natural nails (I have natural, long nails). Applied in a thin coat, it dries almost instantly. This is supposed to help MAC nail lacquer adher better to natural nails--acccording to the website. My MAC-lacquered, home-done manicure did last through showers and general life. This is definitely a good product for protecting natural nails from becoming stained by darker polish colours. I would (and will) repurchase. The $9 retail price is fine. I can buy this with my MAC discount at %30 off, so for $6, it is a steal!