Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I finally purchased this product after hearing wonderful reviews about it and it works like magic!!! I've never used any eyeshadow primer before but after going through all the creasing and oiliness on my eyelids everyday, I decided to give this a try... This product is amazing as it helps the eyeshadow and liner last all day without any creasing or smudging. My eyeshadow and liner look fresh and neat all day. It's an amazing eye base and I will surely purchase this again! Worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail status! This is the third eye primer product that I've tried and third time's the charm indeed. I'm South American with oily lids; hot and humid weather + oil = all shadows crease awfully after a couple of hours without primer (if they even last that long).

First I tried the ELF primer, and I thought it was great because it did help my eyeshadows last a little longer -- now they started creasing after around 5 or 6 hours in, which still meant I had an hour left at work where my eyemake up was crap, but hey, better than nothing, right? Then I bought the I <3 Make up Stay Dont Stray primer. The tube was pretty large so I was happy; eye primer to last me a century, hell yeah. I think the quantity went to my head and I confused it with quality; I thought it'd be way better than ELF. Wrong. Mostly it performs about the same, with shadows creasing around 5 hours in, but a couple of times I've noticed it lasts even less (it seems pretty greasy so it clashes with my oily lids, I think -- maybe it'd be a great product for dry skin).

I thought I was doomed because of my oily eyelids and my country's awful hot weather, and no primer would ever get me past 7 hours at most. That's where I went on holidays and could hunt down a Sephora store and you bet I bought UDPP first thing; this is supposed to be the best primer ever so if this one doesn't work either, then at least I can stop trying and just stick to whatever is available at the moment, right? 7 hours isn't that bad.

UDPP lasted 12+! I was so, so pleased. Not only it survived my work hours but it also made my eyes stay flawless til I got home way later. I did my make up in the morning at 9am, and it was still perfect by 9.30pm when I got home after uni. Who knows how much longer it'd have lasted!

I'm sticking to this one forever.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So far the best primer I've ever used. Great staying power, and it really enhances all of my eyeshadows. It did a great job holding up to my tears at my wedding! I have it in the full size and travel size. Ive tried finding dupes for it, but nothing compares to it. When I apply it, it is a little tacky once it dries down, I just quickly set it with a translucent powder or a light eye shadow and I'm good to go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I originally tried this when I purchased the original NAKED palette, I had never seen much of a need for Eyeshadow Primer before trying this one but I loved it so much I purchased the full sized product once I'd ran out!

This really is a MUST BUY for any eyeshadow enthusiast, it makes eyeshadow and liner last all day with no creasing or smudging!!!

My eyeshadow doesn't budge thanks to this stuff. I have oily/combo skin, so that means oily lids. But when I use this it stays completely matte...no creasing! The price is a little high but it's so worth buying!

A MUST BUY! Eyeshadow primers are a must, especially living in hot, humid Australia, wearing eyeshadow everyday, all day. I would never buy another brand other than Urban Decay's. I got a couple samples when purchasing one of their Naked Pallets, all of their primers did the same thing to me, they just appeared different colours on your eyelids prior to eyeshadow application. I purchased the original because it seemed practical, but I believe they all do a pretty darn good job! A little pricey compared to drugstore brands, but this stuff lasts forever. The little applicator resembling a lipgloss applicator ensures you can't over squeeze and waste the precious stuff. The consistency is perfectly dewy and easy to blend into your delicate eyelids. I couldn't recommend this primer anymore!!!!

Amazing eyeshadow primer. It seriously keeps my eyeshadow on all day, even on my oily eyelids. I would definitely recommend!

love this. favorite eye primer by far.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this at Nordstrom rack for $10. A full sized squeeze tube though they had travel sizes for $5. It's better then the old genie tube I got as a sample but didn't like the dipping in and out. Now the packaging is amazing. Product seems great too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used to love UDPP. I couldn't go a day without it. It made my shadow and liner last all day and not budge no matter what the temperature. I stood under the water at Niagara Falls, and it was remarked how my eyeshadow was still perfect.

Then the formula changed. The new formula is thin, greasy, and doesn't work at all. If you can find the original packaging (tapered hard bottle with a straight applicator brush) or the packaging before the new changes (squeeze tube, pinpoint tip with NO applicator), give it a try. I need to hunt down some on ebay or something because that was the formula that was perfect. Stay away from the new formula (packaged in a squeeze tube with a jewel-topped angled applicator), as it's not the formula that works and costs way too much for the amount you're given.

Video Reviews & Tutorials