Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/27/2015 12:39:00 PM

Did not care for this product. I found it made blending my eye make up difficult and tended to flake off. Yes, I was only using small amount of product and I let it dry for about 5 minutes prior to applying eye shadow.

on 6/27/2015 2:56:00 AM

I am a make up artist and yes, this primer works. Your eye shadows wont crease for 24 hours. However i found it is only for going out events as it is pretty chemical in ingredients. One more-put a tiny bit only. It will last you long time. For daily use i found a good primer for Yves Rocher and it costs only 7$. The same in quality just 4 times cheaper. This is for daily use as it contains bee wax. Will hold eye shadows for 12 hours:) hope it helps someone.

love this product but it is very expensive here.
$ 35 for a tube. But it is worth it!!

I am currently using the milani one very similar but i have to say, I like the UD more!

The price is a bit stiff, but you get a lot of product for what you're paying! Also, its super easy not to squeese out more than you need.
Some people experience that it almost stop working and suddenly is hard to blend over. I am, sadly, one of them... If it had worked as well as when I got it, it would be my HG eyeshadow primer. Though, I'm pretty sure thats rare. So go for it! The coloured shadows I put on top of it was vibrant for hours and hours, and I even slept with my eyeshadow once (yeah, you reeeaaally shouldnt do that) and woke up with eyeliner and mascara all over my face - but frikkin' perfect eyeshadow! So this works, no doubt about it :)

on 6/21/2015 10:11:00 AM

Does what it says on the tin. Makes shadows last all day.

If I'm having a natural look day, I'll use this and the powder of the top and it stops the powder creasing and stops my lids looking blue.

Not really much to say!

on 6/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

Whenever I read someone's review saying HG HG! I think ooooh gotta have it. So I went out and bought some of this primer.

Sads.

It's expensive and it really doesn't appear to do much. I have the "original" flavour.

The packaging is cute. It has a tiny nozzle and you have to apply a fair bit of pressure to the tube to get a small squirt out. This is good as I don't think you're suppose to use too much of the stuff (at least that's been my experience with most eyeshadow primers) - maybe I need to slather it on to get any decent effect?

I have tried this many times before writing my "this is crap" review for this product. I get eyeshadow crease with this product after only an hour or so using both Urban Decay and other branded eyeshadows. I have tried applying this primer by itself onto clean eyelids, over foundation, over BB cream, over powder and have used powder to try and set it all. Still get creases.

Not sure what else I can add to this except I won't be buying any more of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it's an amazing primer but I think I like the smashbox 24 hr one a tad better. Worked well with my oily lids and stays on

on 6/16/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, I bought it because of the many reviews that I saw on youtube and I'll never regret buying this. It's just amazing how good it helps to pop the color of my eye shadow and how longer increases the duration of my eye makeup.

on 6/11/2015 8:47:00 AM

Totally love using. It really makes my eye shadow stick which is great for my Asian eyelids. I don't use it every day but I use it for special events. Not sure how much it helps with eyeliner staying out but definitely helps with shadow. Nice smooth texture.

on 6/2/2015 10:20:00 PM

I'm pretty new to using an eye primer. In fact, this is the first eye primer that I had tried, bought & used! I'm not sure why I have the sudden interest but one strong PULL factor is Sephora's 20% for VIPs haha.

After using it for the first time, I'm SOLD! Why didn't I discover this gem earlier??
Before using this, I just line my eye with a powerful eyeliner that is already lasting on me. Just some fading at the end of the day, maybe 6-8 hours? But that is good enough staying power for me.

Pro: Eye make-up seems to be there forever! No creases or fading. FANTASTIC!

Con: When applied on the lids using fingers, some primer will 'stain' the lash end (closest to lids) & leave a 'mascara' look. It is a little hard to remove hence best to use a cotton bud to apply the primer to prevent this.

Color (Original vs Sin): Sin is a shimmering pinkish vs Original which is a pasty beige color. Sin can be used on its own as a highlighting base but color turnout will depends on your skintone. I'm quite fair (using the fairest shade of foundation most of the time) but i don't like Sin on my eye. I prefer Original which helps to brighten my lids a little. More versatile to use other eye shadow colors too! So pls try it on yrself before deciding.

Packaging: Tube case with a unique screw cap. Looks pretty on the vanity desk. Makes it easy to dispense the amount needed.

Price: It is a little pricey but with the staying power & big quantity, it might be worth it? But for sure, I can't finish the entire tube within 6 months.

Verdict: I will re-purchase again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials