Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/24/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In my personal experience i still get creases with this eyeshadow primer, i'm just not convinced any primers work.

on 4/23/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love using this eye shadow primer. I have always seen positive reviews online but though it was kind of pricey but I decided to give it a try and it does makes my eye shadow stay for more than 8 hours. Even with my cheapest eye shadows. I have tried cheap eye shadow primers before and they don't work as well.

I will definitely buy it again if I ran out. I wonder if the face primer from Urban Decay is as good as this.

on 4/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyelid primer. There are a lot out there but buy the best-it lasts a long time and it's totally worth it.

on 4/20/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a bunch of cheaper brands of eye primer, and my shadows kept creasing by the afternoon. I have very oily lids, and the cheaper brands just couldn't keep up.

I finally broke down and bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion and couldn't be happier. It's the one primer that worked for me. I can apply eyeshadows in the morning, and they are crease-free until I take off my makeup. It's really nice to be able to wear eyeshadows without constantly glancing in the mirror to make sure it's in place :)

It's not cheap, but it's worth it if you have really oily lids!

on 4/20/2015 2:37:00 PM

This is my "go-to" eye primer. I have tried many other eye primers. Some of them were great, some of them, not so much. I've even had some primers that were almost as good as UD's primer potion. Keyword: almost. Before I purchased any eye primers, I did a lot of research online about which ones were the best. I read a ton of articles and reviews, all of which pointed me in the direction of UD's primer potion. I began using the original formula. Immediately I saw a difference in the pigmentation of my eyeshadows as well as a difference in staying power. I have noticed, a few times, that if my eye shadow is shimmery and I'm using the original formul, there is a tiny bit of creasing. I haven't tried sin, but have heard it works wonders with shimmery shadows. I bought an Urban Decay palette and relieved a sample of 4 different primer potions. I had already tried the original, so I decided to try the anti-aging formula. I, personally, did not see a difference between the two. Next, I tried Eden, the matte version. This is now my new favorite. No matter what shadows I use, there is no creasing and my pigmentation and lasting power are great!! I still need to try Sin. Urban Decay also just released a limited Edition, Enigma, that, much like Eden, is a matte version. I really want to Enigma. If it's anything like the original or Eden, I know it's excellent. If you are not using UD's primer potions--run out and get one!!! You won't regret it.

on 4/19/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I first tried this primer out from the sample that came with the Naked 3 palette, and I really love the original primer, it works really well, makes my eye makeup last throughout the day, and there's no irritation to my very sensitive and easily irritated eyes. However if you have dry patches they will tug and show up and are accentuated with this primer (but then again, I haven't tried any hydrating eye primer, so I don't blame the primer for this) so if you have dry patches get rid of them and moisturize well before application of the primer. Love the packaging, it would be better if the price was a bit lower, but a little goes a long way! Contains a bunch of parabens which I'm willing to overlook since I don't really use that much of an amount on my skin. Though I would definitely prefer if it weren't formulated with such ingredients, I have other eye primers which are paraben-free.

on 4/19/2015 8:14:00 AM

My eyeliner still runs after applying this product :(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Keeps my eyeshadow on and is not tested on animals :)

Keeps my eyeshadow on my eyes very well :)

on 4/14/2015 12:32:00 AM

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. I bought it for $12 at Sephora and it works perfectly for me. Best example I can give of its effectiveness is I used this stuff to prime for my eyeshadow and then went to a rock concert, where everyone sweats and itís really hot. I came home, slept in the makeup, and over 24 hours later my eye shadow is still in place. Not a single smudge of eye shadow out of place. I highly recommend this product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials