Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW.......so I got this on a school trip to pairs from Sephora 2 years ago and it wasn't cheap (about 15 Euros ish) but I noticed the difference instantly, it's easy to apply. It lasts ages and works really well with my oily eyelids and I've never seen it crease. a few weeks ago I had a water fight and this stuff made my eye shadow look like I'd just applied it even after being splashed in the face. defiantly would buy again, plus its packaging is adorable

on 7/26/2015 6:19:00 PM

I've tried the ELF primer and also Shadow Insurance by TF, but I like the Primer Potion the best. On my lids, my shadow lasts ALL DAY with no creasing. I tested all 3 with the same shadow on my hand and the color was more vibrant when using the primer potion. I've been using it for over a year and have not gotten bored with it, yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gimme a C
Gimme an R
Gimme an E
Gimme an A
Gimme an S
Gimme an E

Yupp this creases beyond belief. And the price is insane! Steer clear and buy ELF or a Maybelline Color Tattoo instead.

My favorite eye primer to ever exist. My eyeshadow NEVER creases with this stuff. I just wish Urban Decay hadn't discontinued the squeeze tube.

on 7/22/2015 2:35:00 PM

Great product. Easy to apply with small brush or finger. Works great with any eye shadow as it really brings out the pigment in the shadow and holds it. I have come home from nights out and have left it on overnight and it will be perfect the next morning(I don't recommend leaving makeup on🙈!). It just shows the power this base has and I love it!

on 7/21/2015 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product works, it definitely does.
I have gone through a lot of hormonal changes so my skin has been oily, dry, flaky, and sensitive. This primer keeps ANY eyeshadow on all day, no creasing, no smudging, no fading. It is awesome! The only reason I took a lippie off is because of the price. I now use Wet N Wild Fergie take on the day e/s primer and it works JUST as well, at a fraction of the price.

on 7/21/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product!! It is so light and easy to apply. It does exactly what it says.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first bought this primer five years ago for an event I was going to - I needed my eyeshadow to be creaseless and long-lasting. The UD Primer Potion did exactly that. Although the applicator (bottle version) was a bit unsanitary and annoying to use, this product was and still is my HG primer. Creamy in texture, not fragranced so as to irritate my sensitive skin, and it actually does the job!

I have slightly oily lids, but a dry skin type. I apply a very VERY small amount of primer on my finger and apply across my lid up to my brow bone, and on my lower lash line - a little goes a long way. For the tube (which is a huge improvement, but is still a tad unsanitary), I suggest shaking it a bit because it does separate if you don't use it every day; this does make a noticeable difference in the performance of this product. I do this after priming my face, and once my face is done the eye primer is ready to work.

If you use your fingers when applying eyeshadows, beware! Once this primer dries, it is very difficult to blend with fingers. If you are just applying a wash of colour, fingers still work great. I use a blending brush on my crease, and eyeshadow over this primer is still very blendable if you use a brush.

This primer is fantastic, the tube has lasted me just over a year! I would prefer if it was cheaper, which is why I took one lippie off. But this is a staple in my makeup bag for sure!

I have been using the original formula for a long time now. My most recent purchase of this caused my eyelids to hurt and burn. When I took the primer off of my eyelids were swollen. Thankfully I haven't had to wear eye makeup for 2 days so the swelling has gone down. I am throwing this primer away and looking for something else.

on 7/18/2015 11:51:00 AM

love the tube packaging way better than the bottle. does not separate in an oily film like the shadow insurance from too faced. reliable, efficient product and leaves my thick oily lids slick free. will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials