July 25, 2014 | 984 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

I have been using this nonstop for the past 2 years, I trust no other primer for my VERY OILY lids. I wear eyeshadow daily, whether it is a neutral everyday look or a full on smokey eye. This is an eye primer I can actually rely on, it has a good consistency, not too thick or thin & the primer does a good job at neutralizing my lid. The eye shadows are more vibrant and stay on MUCH longer with this primer, i would not say its a 12 hour or 24 wear, but you'll get a good 6-8 hours use . One tube usually lasts me 8-10 months with everyday use and its only 14$, a great price for students on a budget. The only con i have about it is, I have mono lids, so yes the primer does seem to crease towards my inner crease, but its not a huge problem. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Zoejuliana

My HG. Couldn't even contemplate doing my make up without it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AudreyMendeiros

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want DRAMA eyeshadow ITS THIS ONE. I can't be without.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gets the job done, but I don't think it's anything special. My drugstore primers work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My second tube, I love this stuff. Its not watery like a lot of other primers and does not move at all.
It dries down fairly quick, also.

What else can I say? This stuff simply does what it claims, lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

Very good primer but I hate the consistency of it! If you use too much or don't apply it correctly (patting works better) you can make a mess. Although the eyeshadows last hours perfectly I probably won't purchase the full size (I have a few samples) because of the weird consistency. I prefer the NARS one or Benefit's Stay don't stray (more "liquidy" as opposed to the silicone feeling).

(I'm sorry if I made any mistakes, English is not my main language)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff works wonders with my eyes. i always have dark circles and with this product they have lightened and i actually look like i get some sleep.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by diordolcevita

Have used this product as I got it with my Naked 1 palette. It was really bad as I probably used too much, caused flaking and emphasized my fine lines that were non-existent without makeup.

However, decided to give this a try again later on by purchasing the full sized. Indeed my eyeshadow lasts longer when I use lesser product. Doesn't flake as bad.

But I do prefer the Nars pro prime - because Lisa Eldrige uses it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear eyeshadow, only eyeliner, so my review is solely directed to whether UDPP can stop my eyeliner from smudging and ending up under my eyes. Thus, I can't speak to the eyeshadow enhancing capabilities of this primer.

The packaging is a purple squeeze tube and it's easy to control how much product is dispensed at a time, so long as you're careful about squeezing out a small amount. The cap is annoying, though. I felt like it took forever to unscrew it and screw it back on. You get a lot of product, considering you only need a tiny dot for both eyes. One tube would probably last a really long time, assuming it doesn't dry out.

The formulation is pretty thick and dry. The first time I used it, I put too much on and it accentuated the fine lines around my eyes. Even after using less, it was really hard to blend and primer bits accumulated near the lash line. UDPP contains parabens and I really didn't feel comfortable getting this in my eyes, though I didn't experience any eye irritation. Eyeliner didn't go on smoothly either - I experienced some tugging.

And by 6h, I saw some smudging underneath my eyes. It got worse as time went by. I had to use makeup remover to get rid of the panda eyes at 10h. By 14h, full-on panda eyes. This clearly didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tema560

I received a sample from this through my VIB rewards at Sephora and despite not having huge hopes for it, I can't imagine doing without it now! It's by far, the best primer I've ever used. I have oily eye lids and had basically resigned myself to never having my eye shadow last until I tried this. It is fantastic. It seriously lasts until you decide to wash it off. I've never used anything like it. Definitely worth every penny and a small amount goes a long way.