November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Freshel White C Pure Soap W

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

This review is for the latest version which has been renamed Freshel Clear Soap.

Freshel has been rebranded a few times and there are much fewer products as the brand seems to promote simplicity and time saving products.

This version comes in a white tube with a peach colored cap. It comes out thick like toothpaste out of the tube and u need to squeeze it hard to get it out. Once u add water n lather up, it produces an abundance of thick white foam that cleans really well but at the same time isn't overly drying for my oily skin. after patting dry my skin feels smoother n very clean. I love this feeling. It is fragrance free.

It is very similar to the previous version which produced a lot of foam too. However this new version has added Ghassoul clay and can work as a 30 second wash off mask.

This 130g tube cost me RM30 and is available at some Watsons outlets in Malaysia.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used it for past 3 months daily with double cleansing routine. Honestly, I am not very impressed with its cleansing power though I do not have much complaints about it too. The consistency is not very liquid and it came out like toothpaste kind texture. It foams well and if I squeeze longer than 2cm size, my skin will feel slight "tightness" after that. This product with its affordable pricing is still worth reconsidering if I never find that perfect cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I'm continually amazed at how this product foams up from just a tiny dab! I love this soap. It smells clean and fresh, cleans quickly, and doesn't make me break out or leave me red. My skin does feel a bit tight after, but since I moisturize anyway, I don't count that as a bad thing- keeps me from getting too oily! I only wish this product was available in the States, though thankfully it's pretty easy to find online.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by riaki

I love Kanebo. I was using the Creamy Soap International Version and recently i purchased the Freshel White C Pure Soap from the japanise lines. The soap is so far great. It lathers good and you only need a tiny bit. I haven' noticed any whitening effect but my skin looks clear after I have washed it with this soap. I will update, since I have been using this only for 2 days...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 6:02:00 AM More reviews by pbanh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser and have repurchased many times. I've got lots of cleasers lying about, eg. Chanel, Dermalogica, DHL; but this is the only one I constantly finish right to the end of the tube and repurchase. It's cheap (purchased in Japan) and works so well, what more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice gentle foaming cream cleanser. Because my face tends to get taut if I wash and do not apply a moisturizer afterwards, this is perfect for right before exercising. I use with the Freshel White C toner and the two have overall brightened my skin, which can scar very easily and/or develop light scars from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by annashan

I got a generous 40g tube sample to try first and it was quite good, leaving your skin squeaky clean the feeling is like when you soap to wash your hands (apart from Dove). After finishing that tube I brought one from ebay, which I'm not too sure is it a newer or older version but this time there are orange granules which dissolves quite quickly - so I don't think it's for exfoliating purposes. It doesn't dry out my skin and it does have a little whitening effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw the word "soap" on the packaging, I was a little sceptical to buy this cause I have sensitive and dehydrated skin. But the SA told me this was not going to dry or irritate my skin. And it'll help in unclogging pores especially after removing makeup. So I bought the last tube on the shelf and use it at night after removing my makeup. It's very foaming. Just a small tiny bit of this cream foams up a lot. The SA was right. It doesn't irritate or dry my ultra-sensitive skin. It didn't cause any breakout. Overall, I'm pretty much in love with this. I'll use the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser in the day and this for night. **UPDATE** I've just checked out the stores and they've discontinued this item. So I'll be trying the powder wash next time.