Zoya Charisma

2.9

on 5/16/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all after reading the comments below...this IS a neon. Neons are matte almost exclusively. They rarely wear well either and they are streaky. Once you understand that about neons you will appreciate this polish.

That said, this is a great neon magenta. This is so bright it is hard to photograph. Also, as with the nature of true neons, this color will never be as fluorescent as a yellow, but it IS extremely bright.

I wanted to get that out because reviews like that turned me off of this polish for a long time until I decided to check it out years later when I knew a lot about polish etc. This is a great neon magenta/purple. Formula is a little thick and does get goopy as you paint. It's one of those polishes that by the 6th finger it is gooping up.

on 4/21/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this color! It's so pretty and vibrant. Classified as a neon but to me it's not so neon that would make it inappropriate for work. Yes it does apply streaky only one coat but adding a 2nd or 3rd coat resolves that. It is also matte so a shiny top coat would be necessary if you don't like a matte finish.

on 3/28/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colour is beautiful, but isn't fully opaque unless you pile on the coats and turns out gloopy this way too... Very odd. Also, the bottle doesn't indicate that it is a matte polish like their other matte polishes do so I didn't expect it to dry matte. It dries a very gloopy uneven matte, and looks far better with a top coat to smooth it out. Very disappointing.

EDIT: It also chips badly just hours after it had dried.

on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

YUCK. Sooo streaky and chipped in less than 24 hours. Can find better and cheaper dupes out there. Like Purple Panic from China Glaze.

on 6/26/2012 11:42:00 PM

I love zoya but, I hate this polish. Streaky and matte not to mention dull. Major disappointment.

on 5/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

I lovveee Zoya. It is my favorite brand but I really hate this nail polish. I know that most neons, especially shades like this, dry matte and are never as neon as they appear on the bottle. I, however, was expecting much better. Not only does it dry matte (which can be fixed with a top coat) it is streaky and chips sooo quick. My polish can typically last 5-8 days with minimal chipping. This started chipping after ONE day! I could not believe it. Application is a pain. If you happen to go over one area more than once to smooth it out, it will pull on the polish. Swatches online can be deceiving, so in all honesty I would just pass. I really really regret getting this one.

on 10/20/2011 12:20:00 AM

I work at a spa in NYC and all the nail technicians and the nail obsessed have been DYING to get our hands on charisma. and during a recent inventory sweep, we found two. so i bought it immediately.

i am so not disappointed. the color is a beautiful bright neon pinky purple in the sun and a beautiful punchy purple inside.

also, i didn't bother reading the neg reviews, as i know and others should expect that a true neon will dry matte and streaky as stated. not to mention zoya literally says this on their website for this color at least twice.

so if you can get your paws on it, do it. you will not regret it!

on 9/2/2011 9:32:00 AM

I plan on editing this review a bit later and getting much more in depth about how much I adore this color/product. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ladies who have defended this polish and who have pointed out to others that you cannot give a bad rating just because of your lack of polish knowledge!

***NEONS = STREAKY AND MATTE! 2-3 COATS AND A TOP COAT PERFECT THE POLISH!***

Sometimes when we don't like things it's because we failed to understand what we were really getting into. Doesn't mean the product is bad...so chill with the bad reviews!! This polish rocks!

on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I, like many others, find the negative reviews surprising. This color is freaking amazing and is my go-to neon shade!! Yes, it's matte. It's a neon. If you use a top coat, it's not an issue... After two coats and a top coat, this polish evens out just fine.
To throw in my one, single critique of this polish, the formula is not quite as good as the other Zoya's in my collection. I am, however, chalking that up to the fact that it is a neon. It is a bit streaky, but it is an easy fix with top coat. Honestly, this color is not pretty without a top coat. USE A TOP COAT! Rant over.
To me, this purple..(pink..???) is phenomenal when you want to make a statement. Everytime I wear this color, I get compliments or people grabbing at my hands asking to see my polish.

PS Sorry for the use of the words "Top Coat" so many times in this review. It's just a necessity in this case! :)

on 5/4/2011 10:22:00 PM

First off: this polish is a MATTE. That's why it dries quickly and looks chalky. It will not stay on long, because that's just what mattes do.

The Zoya website now tells you that it's a matte, but when I purchased it, they did not. That led me to a huge surprise when I first put it on, but after the initial confusion, it wasn't a big deal.

The reason I only give it two lippies is because, well, I don't like matte finishes. I really wanted this color in a creme or shimmer, but no, not matte. Wouldn't buy again.

Popular Polishes