April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Banana Boat - Dark Tanning Oil (SPF 4)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Brooke6381

Overall, I love this product! I tan quickly and easily when it's on! It smells really nice. I have never burned while using this product. Although, it does make my skin feel greasy, but it is easy to ignore.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mistymlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It made me feel really greasy and just plain gross. It made no difference on my skin. I got no tan. Maybe it was just my skin, but it didn't work. And I sat out for two hours three times last week.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by anadeva23

spf~4

love this product! i brought it to florida with me and came back really tan! the only thing i didnt like about it was that it made my back & chest break out with acne(it wasnt too bad though). also dont put it on your face it will make you burn a little bit. but other than that i love this product and will keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by thi

I'm a pale asian and it's very difficult for me to achieve a tan but THIS REALLY WORKS!! I purchased the spf 15. I used it a few times a week and got a lovely golden tan. But unfortunately, it gave me a bad skin rash after 2 weeks. I can't use it anymore :'( that's why I had to knock one lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*I am reviewing the spf 8 version.

Okay, so I know this isn't exactly good for you.
But, I've never gotten burnt with this stuff, because all you need is 30 minutes and you've got a nice tan!

It has Carrot and Banana oils, and it smells amazing!
It is a bit greasy, but it soaks in after a while.

A must have for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by klynnxx

I love this stuff. It gives me a tan in no time, so I don't have to spend hours outside. It smells delicious- like coconuts or bananas. It leaves my skin so soft, and I haven't gotten burnt once.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

all most everyone i know uses this, and i had to figure out what was so great about it. and now i know why! it gives you a really nice, dark tan from just being outside for 30-45 minutes! and i love the delicious smell. its a little greasy, but i can deal. im on my 2nd bottle and i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

this stuff is great, it smells like coconut and doesn't make you feel greasy like the tanning oils can. it's quite moisturizing and makes you tan quickly without getting burned.
For reference im nC30 light/med skin tone with yellow/olive undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

yeah.. okay.. I KNOW this isnt good for you. Tannings bad, yadda yadda yah. Well sometimes I just like to lay outside with my friends and shoot the breeze. So while I do this, I figure why not get a nice tan? It only takes me about 30 minutes front & back to get a nice, deep tan.. and I normally have very fair skin. I have the spf8 version of this product (read: not spf4) and i like it all the same. I really like how you can rub the oil in, it feels so moisturizing. I would recommend it, and i would repurchase, proably in the next five years haha... it's almost the end of summr and i haven't even put a dent in it yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the spf 8 version of this product
This product is somewhat moisturizing, it gives you a good tan after a few uses, and you won't get a sunburn. It smells nice. Unless you just got out of the shower, bath or pool, this product will make your skin really oily. It will also stain your clothes.
I use this by applying it directly in the shower, or when my skin is wet. or else it makes your skin feel sticky and gross. UPDATE: In Canada they sell this 8$ to 10$ but I started shopping in the USA and found out its only 3$ there! also, the american version has Cononut oil, banana oil and carrot oil! So now I would definitely repurchase it. I find this version much better.