November 23, 2014 | 1943 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Banana Boat - Dark Tanning Oil (SPF 4)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Sabsh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-smells good
-moisturizing
-helps tan
-cheap
Cons:
-i think the smell attracts bugs
-hard to spray at times

I've repurchased this product 3 times already. I live in a dry desert climate, so I don't have too many problems with bugs there. However, recently I went to California and I used this and noticed that bees and June bugs and several other insects were specifically attracted to me (aka following me and landing on me.) I was the only one who applied the oil. Something tells me the bugs are attracted to the smell of the tanning oil because it smells pretty good. I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue. Maybe it's not the tanning oil and I'm just scared because of my hatred for bugs but I will continue to use this in my home environment but refrain from using it when I'm on vacation.
Although once I run out I think I'll test out a new brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Brooke6381

Overall, I love this product! I tan quickly and easily when it's on! It smells really nice. I have never burned while using this product. Although, it does make my skin feel greasy, but it is easy to ignore.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mistymlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It made me feel really greasy and just plain gross. It made no difference on my skin. I got no tan. Maybe it was just my skin, but it didn't work. And I sat out for two hours three times last week.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by anadeva23

spf~4

love this product! i brought it to florida with me and came back really tan! the only thing i didnt like about it was that it made my back & chest break out with acne(it wasnt too bad though). also dont put it on your face it will make you burn a little bit. but other than that i love this product and will keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by thi

I'm a pale asian and it's very difficult for me to achieve a tan but THIS REALLY WORKS!! I purchased the spf 15. I used it a few times a week and got a lovely golden tan. But unfortunately, it gave me a bad skin rash after 2 weeks. I can't use it anymore :'( that's why I had to knock one lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*I am reviewing the spf 8 version.

Okay, so I know this isn't exactly good for you.
But, I've never gotten burnt with this stuff, because all you need is 30 minutes and you've got a nice tan!

It has Carrot and Banana oils, and it smells amazing!
It is a bit greasy, but it soaks in after a while.

A must have for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by klynnxx

I love this stuff. It gives me a tan in no time, so I don't have to spend hours outside. It smells delicious- like coconuts or bananas. It leaves my skin so soft, and I haven't gotten burnt once.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

all most everyone i know uses this, and i had to figure out what was so great about it. and now i know why! it gives you a really nice, dark tan from just being outside for 30-45 minutes! and i love the delicious smell. its a little greasy, but i can deal. im on my 2nd bottle and i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

this stuff is great, it smells like coconut and doesn't make you feel greasy like the tanning oils can. it's quite moisturizing and makes you tan quickly without getting burned.
For reference im nC30 light/med skin tone with yellow/olive undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

yeah.. okay.. I KNOW this isnt good for you. Tannings bad, yadda yadda yah. Well sometimes I just like to lay outside with my friends and shoot the breeze. So while I do this, I figure why not get a nice tan? It only takes me about 30 minutes front & back to get a nice, deep tan.. and I normally have very fair skin. I have the spf8 version of this product (read: not spf4) and i like it all the same. I really like how you can rub the oil in, it feels so moisturizing. I would recommend it, and i would repurchase, proably in the next five years haha... it's almost the end of summr and i haven't even put a dent in it yet.