November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Grape

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I don't know why I keep buying matte shadows when I know I just don't like them. I actually purchased this to line my eyes but it failed. Other pigments (like black black) are GREAT for lining my eyes, but this one was a heaping mess. The color, is rather intense and very pretty IF you are looking for a VERY dramatic purple. I just don't like matte shadows. I need to just stop buying them.
To me, this was a very true-to-crayola purple, with very small silver flecks. It is also rather opaque, and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a sample of this pigment and I adore it. A gorgeous dark purple that doesn't lean too red or too blue and is so highly pigmented that you need barely a touch of it to really make a statement. I have had no trouble using it on my eyes, even as a lower lash liner, and though my eyes are not extremely sensitive, there was no redness, swelling, or itch. I did not have any trouble blending it and have not seen any shimmer to it, though it is not exactly matte. I love using it on top of a wash of cream shadows and with other pigments, mostly other purples.

I would definitely recommend applying this and other pigments prior to your base makeup. There is a slight fallout issue and Grape specifically is very dark and so very noticeable if you just try to wipe it away.

Beautiful, beautiful colour. Don't toss it just because it says you can't use it near your eyes. Send it to me instead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was able to snag a sample of this and, while the colour payoff was great and I like the colour, I have many VERY similar colours that are a much better price point. I don't mind spending more if I'm getting something truly unique that I cant find anywhere else but (and this is why I don't purchase much from MAC), when something is easily duped for cheaper, I can't bring myself to spend the extra money, as I don't like paying more just for a brand name.

For those worrying about whether it's safe to use on eyes, for most people, it's fine. However, some people do have allergies to certain colorants used in the manufacturing of pigments (red seems to be more allergy-prone, and any purple colour would contain red to some degree), so MAC doesn't market them as explicitly eye-safe for legal reasons. If people use them on their eyes and have a reaction, MAC won't be held liable because nowhere did they state they were eye-safe. Obviously, many people have used them around the eye area with no problems, but there is still the slight chance you may have a reaction. You can test out a smaller sample before committing to buying a big if you're worried about allergies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Tnkrbelrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Dearest Grape Pigment:

Oh, How I love you. You started my love affair with MAC and you were the enabler to my pigment obsession. You really are the perfect deep purple. You're so pretty on my yellowish green eyes and I swear to love you forever.

Love,

me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I got this in the 2.5 g vial and I was really looking forward to it because I didn't have a deep purple eyeshadow BUT I read the instructions and it isn't eyesafe so it is completely useless for me now. I don't wear nailpolish and thats pretty all it is good for. Makes me sad...I should have just gone and gotten the violet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Bbgood31

I just bought the pigment today and i read on the package that it's not safe for the eye area. i'm really bummed because that's what i got it for... eyeshadow! does anyone know if you actually CAN put this on your eye and it won't harm it? thanks!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by alivyafree

I hate this pigment. Not because of the colour, its a lovely colour - but this is the reformulated Grape that I have. This new, reformulated, repackaged Grape is horrible to use!
I got a sample of Grape a couple of years ago and it was shimmery, the colour payoff was fantastic and it was very easy to blend - I loved it. I recently aquired the new reformulated Grape pigment and it is more matte with pinky silver glitter, it is darker, it is hard to blend, chalky, the colour payoff is awful and it presses really badly. Also, new packaging, means less product. I am so so disappointed.
Why on earth did it need changing?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this is one of the christmas gift sets. I have never really used it. I just can't find a use for it. I will not buy it again since it is a color that is hard to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color but it just does not go on as easy as the rest of the pigments. It is a little hard to blend and it is very hard to get off...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is a true grape-like purple. Its very pigmented and works well as an eyeshadow. I got mine in the Holiday 2009 5 Cool Capers set and it works so well with all the other piggies but also looks great on its own. I love purple, so I'm glad to have this in my collection! I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because, while this is a nice pigment and a nice color, I do believe that it is dupe-able. It is not extremely original. If this was not included in the set I purchased, I would not have sought this out.