NARS Chihuahua

4.4

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this shade! It's a "my lips but better" shade for sure. The gloss is very smooth and isn't sticky! It's definitely not liquidy either; it's an in between texture. In my opinion, it's very pigmented, just a muted shade. It has a lovely shine and no glitter which I love! I find that glitter looks childish on me. This is a wonderful lipgloss and I use it very often!

on 1/29/2015 7:26:00 AM

I got this lipgloss while looking for a nude gloss and finding Turkish Delight was too sheer for my pigmented lips. I am NC20 with pink lips and this colour shows up as a very glossy, nude, 'my lips but better' colour. It is not overly stick and has good staying power. It applies easily. It is a very subtle, every day colour, simple and beautiful. The formula is lovely and it does not have a strong scent. A perfect nude for those with more pigmented lips.

on 1/7/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous! Perfect! I was looking to replace my Bobbi Brown Petal, I loved the color so much, but the tube was getting old and the gloss was too darn sticky. Chihuahua was a very very close color. It is a sheer, warm pink, quite muted. Definitely MLBB shade. Makes my lips look youthful and soft, and is perfect for a neutral look or paired with heavier eye makeup. I think this shade would suit a variety of skin tones. I also like that it is not as sticky as Bobbi Brown glosses. Will for sure repurchase when I run out.

on 7/7/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my first ever NARS purchase. I was hesistant over paying $26 dollars for a lip gloss, but I was in need of a pinkish gloss and I have heard good things about NARS lip glosses, so I decided to give this shade a chance.

I hate the name, but this color is perfection on my two toned pigmented lips against my NC50/NARS Macao skintone. Usually these types of pinks are too milky, but Chihuahua has no milkiness, which makes it perfect for dark skintones. It does apply a bit streaky and for me requires two coats. The texture is thin and somewhat watery, and it is NOT sticky, which is new for me because I usually wear thick sticky lipglosses.

Despite a streaky start, it settles into an even color and the pink shade actually shows on my lips, without looking too made up, which makes it the perfect gloss for light makeup looks. It's shiny, but it's not too shiny. There is no smell and there is actually a lot of product in the tube. It's not as long lasting as my other lip glosses (MAC, Milani) but I can accept that.
At $26, it's not cheap, but for this shade I'm willing to pay the price.

on 7/7/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great MLBB shade. Perfect neutral pinkish color without any detectable shimmer or glitter, looks really natural yet makes you look more put together as opposed to having nothing on your lips. Texture is also good, not sticky to the point where it's uncomfortable, but sticky enough to have good staying power. Staying power is pretty decent, color stays around for about 3 hours without eating. Not the most pigmented gloss, but still visible on the lips. As for packaging, it's a typical doe foot applicator with the infamous matte black Nars packaging on the handle. Simple but still looks sleek. Overall great lipgloss, comfortable to wear on the lips and beautiful color. Although overpriced, I would still repurchase.

on 1/11/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This grew on me. I have owned about 9 or 10 NARS glosses and this is the favorite. When first swatched on my hand, I thought it was way too pink and young-ish. One fateful day I layered it over Honeylove and that totally changed my tune. It is a gentle pink (another reviewer said milky rose which is spot on!) and it actually does make my lips look "younger" if that makes sense; that's just the word that comes to mind when I put it on, but it's a good kind of young -- not trying too hard, not too much, not too dramatic. Just soft and sweet. Now I carry it around in my purse because it generally looks good with many of my lighter and MLBB lipsticks ... In fact sometimes if I regret a pink or nude lippie purchase I will try this gloss over it and somehow, like magic, I'm reassured. If you have pigmented lips and warm toned skin, I recommend it all the more because it does well on its own too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If we're talking about statement makeup, this isn't it. Chihuahua's charm lies in its subtlety. If we're talking about your-lips-but-better, then ding! we have a winner. This is a gorgeous color that really flatters a warm or yellow-toned complexion, even if you are a PPP, as I currently am. No gimmicks here, no glitter, shimmer, or weird undertones, just a lovely dusty pink that really closely resembles a natural lip color (or mine, at least). This is only semi-sheer, but on me it looks mostly sheer because it is such a dead-ringer for my actual lips. It goes on very slick and is not sticky. This is as much a curse as it is a blessing, because it requires faithful re-application and it takes some layering to get a good pigment going. Over a lipstick this is sure thing. I would pair it with Dolce Vita lipstick for the quintessential daytime nude look. By itself, it's still lovely, and I'm sure with a natural-tone lipliner, even better. The smell isn't foul or anything, just slightly plastic-y. It's nothing that would deter me from buying again. The price, however, is. For just under $30, I would hesitate, but probably cave and re-purchase anyways, because this is a very nice gloss. It might not have all the bells and whistles you've come to expect from pricier makeup, but it's a winner in its own right.

on 7/26/2013 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this lip gloss!!!!! I lost it a few months ago and I was toying with the idea of repurchasing it even though its quite pricey but I was in sephora for the first time in a while and I couldn't help but buy it again!!! Its the perfect MLBB color. No sparkle. See my philosophy with lip gloss is that if my lips are going to look shiny thats enough attention to them so I want no sparkle on top of that shiny look. The color is just perfect. The texture is thick but not sticky, which is perfect for a lip gloss. It lasts, but when it does wear off it does not give those unattractive white lines. The smell is a bit plasticy but you will get used to it very quickly. I plan on repurchasing another as a back up as well as one more color from the Nars range.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This gloss is one of my favorites! The color is a nice, milky rose tone. The texture is thin, with no stickiness. The smell isn't the best--it kind of reminds me of children's play makeup, haha. On the lips, the color is quite sheer. It's not moisturizing, but it also won't dehydrate your lips. Generally, it wears about 2 or 3 hours on me and won't last through dinner or drinks...pretty average for the gloss. I think what I love about it the most is it's versatility--it looks beautiful and balances a heavier eye look, but also looks great on days where you're wearing nothing BUT this gloss.

on 3/24/2013 4:55:00 PM

Lemme just start off by saying, I LOVE this product. Not sticky, it lasts quite a while on my lips (for a gloss) and the color is beautiful. The color is the perfect nude-pink. It looks really natural, but not so much as to make you look like you are wearing nothing. I was recommended by one of the Sephora sales-people to get this color. It has no glitter, which I really like. Def repurchasing when it runs out. (:

Popular Lip Glosses