July 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Mascara - Avon - Astonishing Lengths *Waterproof Lengthening&Defining Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by candygirl505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this mascara so much i do not know how to put it into words. It does lengthen i will give it that but it is the most discusting mascara i have ever come across!! As soon as the brush hit my lashes it clumped, like crazy! Trying to brush through the clumps did not work. As soon as it dried my lashes were hard as rocks and they looked like branches. The formula is so wet i went on my lid. And to remove omg it went everywhere, i looked like i had a black eye. I do not know if it is still available, if it is, never ever buy this product! It is a nightmare!! The only thing astonishing about it is they actually expected people to pay money for a piece of gunk!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by savayus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite mascara, it really does what it says, gives me a dramatic look and stays put on all day long!..easy to clean even tough is waterproof, and when is on sale the price is extremely good....I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jaluna

I like the Avon wash-off waterproof mascara better than this one. This clumped on me and smudged, I had to use a clear mascara as a base for this just so I can use it. I was really disappointed and I will not be buying this again even if it's on sale, I'm just going to finish this one tube and move on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This stuff is awesome!!! It really does do what it claims!!! Lengthens and defines your lashes in just one coat! I use 2 cuz i like my lashes to look dramatic =). I have this in navy and it adds a nice POP of colours to the lashes! Does stay on and doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove with makeup remover.

Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kscott99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for about 6 months now. I really like it. As with all other waterproofs I've tried, it still leaves some black under my eyes if I wash my face with cleanser, but I haven't had problems with it during the day or even in the swimming pool. The only exception to this was when I ran out of remover and used vaseline to remove my eye makeup. I guess it left my lashes and the area around my eyes greasy, and when I reapplied my eye makeup, the mascara did smear that day (I think that would happen with any mascara, though). I like the consistency, the color (black that is really black), and the brush. Any mascara will clump, flake, etc. if it's too old; so I think the important thing is to make sure it's not too old (I get a new one every 6 to 8 weeks). If you use this when it's new and it clumps or flakes, maybe it was past its shelf life; in which case your Avon rep should let you exchange it with no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by copycat2514

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best product on the market. It does what it says in the title and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have really long lashes and my mascara usually clumps instead of goes on smoothly, lenthening my lashes. Avon really knew what they were doing with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MissJanine

I have this in brown-black. I love the price, packaging & stay put factor of this mascara. My lashes are noticably longer, and I have not experienced raccoon eyes, depsite my allergy-watering peepers. I held back one lippie because the stuff was pretty clumpy going on, but a lash comb solved that problem and I'm very happy with the results. I'd buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by coldan0547

When i first started using this product it was because i only had the wash-off waterproof mascara in brown/black, also from avon, which i didn't enjoy because of the product and the color. so i went into the bathroom and found this. my mother had recieved it in a set from avon(one of those that usually have a lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara, or something along those lines). she never used it as she doesnt like waterproof mascara. so i decided to try it. i love waterproof mascara and always wear it, my eyes tend to water throughout the day naturally so a normal mascara doesnt work. so i found this and applied. the consistency is great! i got a little on my brow bone, but that was of course due to the fact that my lashes are normally long and my own carelessness. but with all mascaras you must be careful when applying because of course if you touch the wand to your skin it will leave residue. so no bad marks to the product. like i said my lashes are naturally long and kind of grow downward. when finished applying one coat, i loved the result. my lashes were dramatically longer, and the color was great and dense. i applied another coat and recieved an even greater result. the best thing was that my lashes were fullly seperated, no clumps, and the clumps that do result as the product ages can be quickly brushed off with the wand. the only thing i do not like about the product is that the wear isnt all that great. a couple hours after application if you touch your lashes even slightly black residue will show on your fingers. but it never wears off. and is a little tough to remove, showing that it does have good wear. so overall i highly recomend this product, especially to the wash off waterproof mascara that doesnt offer the right amount of coverage and definition as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by bronzeangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well this review goes for all the mascaras iv'e bought and tried from Avon..

i hate bashing brands and i know there must be so many avon reps on this site

but in my opinion the packaging is ok... nothing bad with the packaging... the colors are great...the price is very cheap too and a lot of their cosmetics and skin care is always on sale or buy one get one free... or whatever theyre always having wodnerful sales...

but as for the products i've used myself i havent been impressed with anything i've bought from avon.. i've tried the bath oil which is so popular and mascaras and eyeliner and it doesnt do much of anything for me... even tho it is cheap i think its good for younger girls or girls hwo are just buying make up and may not have a lot of money to spend.. but maybelline sells better mascaras... better foundations......you dont have to order anything or wait around you can just pick it up at like any store...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Ewww, this is really goopy, horrible smudgy stuff! I tried many times but couldn't get it to go on neatly at all. It also flaked all over the place and looked ashy. Blech. I got it on sale for under 3 bucks, but it was still a total waste.