November 27, 2014 | 1425 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Skintrition face primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

Scent: Orange-citrus type, with a slight plastic-y scent

Color: White

Texture: Creamy lotion

Greasiness: Leaves your face shiny for a few minutes after applying, otherwise pretty lightweight.
I had too many face creams, so I used this as a face wash. I wet my face, rubbed it on, and rinsed it off. Then, because it was so greasy, I had to follow up with an oily-skin-clarifying (very stripping) cleanser to get the gunk off my face. After that though, it made my skin moisturized, without any residue left. Probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by 70Jackie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite pre makeup moisturizer. Now it's discontinued. BAD AVON! WHY! WHY WHY???! This skin primer, went on smooth, practically impossible to use too much, and smelled like a very, very light orange scent. VERY subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by musette_sf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alas, DawnSierra, but it is true, this product is to be discontinued. I still have half of my original bottle, plus one I am holding in abeyance. I like this a great deal -- I tried the much-ballyhooed Olay Regenerist Serum, but came back to Skintrition. FYI, the recommended replacement for Skintrition is a BeComing (Avon) product called TransFirm, which is $35. Still cheaper than the comparable Lauder product, but I am glad I have some Skintrition left!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 2:15:00 PM More reviews by dawnsierra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard a nasty rumor from the other Rep.s that this is supposed to be discontinued? Noooo...

I really like this stuff and I was surprised to find that it didn't break me out. (I have acne prone skin and I swear everything breaks me out.) I use this mixed with my Cleary C and I love the results.

Oh and it has a really sweet orangy smell that I love. I have to use three or four squirts for my whole face, then again I have a humongous head. It's not the easiest to spread but it works well enough to make itself useful.. :D

Again I have to say.. I wish it were cheaper. (Some may notice a theme here... I'm a huge cheapskate.) ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 10:33:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I almost never break out but after using this for a couple of weeks, I have an unbelieveable number of whiteheads on my chin, forehead and around my nose. I have normal/combo skin that isn't sensitive and can withstand just about any product. I only hope I can get my skin back to normal within a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2002 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

You apply this after cleansing and toning, and your moisturizer afterwards. It is full of vitamins and antioxidents for your skin. I love this product, but being from Canada, they do not carry this here, so it is hard to get a hold of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2002 10:57:00 AM More reviews by assel

I think I am slowly becoming Avon skincare addict .. I started off with Retroactive & Pure O2, and then received this primer in a swap. It's applied on clean skin before moisturizer and is loaded with vitamins A, C, E & B. Since I've started using this, my breakouts have diminished significantly - it's non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic, and my skin tone is improving. It helps skin to absorb moisturizer. If you're familiar with new Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 it's pretty thick and sticky and can leave your face shining like a lightbulb. When I apply it over Skintrition, it glides on, sinks right in and does not leave a trace of shine on my face. I highly recommend Skintrition primer product to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2002 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very comparable to Estee Lauder's Fruition. Seemed to produce the same results for me! But I didn't see a dramatic change in my skintone or texture as promised by both products. Still a product I'd be willing to give another try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2001 6:58:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT product!! Does the same thing as Origins A Perfect World but you get almost twice as much in the bottle at about half the cost. Even smells the same. I still like my Origins but I use this sometimes as well when I cant get to the Origins counter.