April 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Morange

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by damaisarah

A beautiful bright orange lipstick. When I bought this lipstick I was adoring Tessa Thompson orange lipstick and this lipstick helps me to achieve her look. However, the formula is awful to my lips, my lips chapped every time after I used this for a day, but my lips is super sensitive tough..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I work at a makeup counter inside of Dillard's (were a smaller Dillard's and we don't have a mac counter) anyways and I was helping a client out and I fell in love head over heels for her lip stick. I love anything with orange!!! It's just my preferred color range! I drove an hr + to mac so I could get my hands on this beauty! I have to say that the lip stick is creamy and smells delightful! Out of everyone orange I use this is my fav! I would definitely recommend someone to go check it out in person!!! It's worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is unique, bright and daring. The formula however, is not good. It's way to creamy and un pigmented, which makes it impossible to get an opaque color. However, I've found a way to get use of if. I use it as a color corrector, to counteract blue tones in my skin, mainly around my mouth, but also under my eyes. For that, it works great. As a lipstick? Not so much. I apply a tiny bit under my eyes with an MAC 217, and dot on a little bit more around my mouth with my fingers, the I apply foundation. I have a very warm skin tone (NC42.45 in MAC, BB Golden) and this makes sure my base doesn't look as ashy and brightens darker areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looks great! but it is a little too creamy, and needs a lot of reapplying. I just bought "What a Blast" Lip Liner, so hopefully it can help with it's stay power

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

My skin has yellow undertone, thus I usually look great with Orange/Coral Makeup. This baby is perfect to add to that collection. The colour is a subdue matte coral, great for someone who prefers a subtle look over a overwhelmingly bright lip look. It has a matte texture too so it makes it all the more wearable for everyday look.

The cons are that it could be a bit drying to the skin. It's quite long lasting though so feel free to apply lip balm under or over it. Also if you, like me on most days, wear little to no eye make up, you might want to gravitate for more brighter, on-your-face lip colours and Morange is not that.

I don't remember how much it costs but over all, you can usually go no wrong with highly pigmented chic and sleek Mac Lipsticks right?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

A cool toned orange?? Is this POSSIBLE?

Okay... maybe not cool toned per se, but cool toned gals can wear this one : ) I love to use it both as a lipstick (with a nude eye) or a under eye corrector - works well when lightly applied to cancel out blue under eye circles. Gorgeous color, the only orange lipstick I need.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry, y'all are going to thumb me down for this one because I can see that everyone loves this lippie. I'm not a fan. Nothing to do with the quality or consistency, but mainly because it just isn't that orange on me due to the red undertones. It looks orange if you take a picture of it in the light, but aside from that it's red. A good, creamy consistency but again, this lipstick costs $40 where I live and just isn't worth it. I ended up finding a better orange lippie for $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by jamezbreh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging: MAC Morange comes in the typical MAC lipstick packaging, which is simple and sleek. Cute but not extravagant. If you're even reading this review, you probably know what a MAC lipstick's packaging looks like.

Pigmentation: It is a beautiful bright orange color, definitely not for the faint of heart! When I say bright, I definitely mean BRIGHT. It's suitable for all skin tone's that are brave enough to wear it! The pigmentation of this lipstick is quite impressive. I can usually do one or two swipes to cover my lips completely even thought they are pigmented. I would say that the pigmentation of this product is very solid, especially since it's an amplified creme finish.

Longevity: As a lipstick, this lasts on my lips through eating and drinking for about 2-3 hours without a lip liner. I do find this lipstick to be a little drying, which does increase the longevity. If you moisturize/exfoliate your lips regularly, this shouldn't be an issue. You should DEFINITELY use a lip balm before applying this lipstick though. With a lip liner, MAC Morange obviously has a better wear and increased longevity.

Price: I've been using this product all Spring and Summer and it has been the lipstick that I've used the most often this year. Because of the pigmentation, finish, and longevity, I find that I still have around 75% of the product remaining, which is surprising because I often use it as a blush! The retail price of this lipstick is currently $15, which isn't too much IMO. It's lasted me for about 6 months now so I would say that the price is extremely fair.

Overall: This is the MAC lipstick that I have worn the most this year. The color is beautiful, although it is slightly drying on my lips, but this can definitely be remedied by a lip treatment or balm. Whenever I wear this lipstick, I get compliments. If you want to walk into a room and demand attention, Morange is definitely for you. I will absolutely be repurchasing this lipstick if and when I run out.

Recommended Products: I would recommend using either MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in What A Blast! ($19.50) with this lipstick or NYX Slim Lip Liner in Orange ($4) for a cheaper alternative.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by BritJoi

The Makeup artist actually tried to discourage me from getting this product because of my darkskin tone but when I put it on she was absolutely blown away at how beautiful it was! ;) This is seriously an orange for EVERYONE! I love how fun and bright it is and it will definitely get you noticed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

One of my favorite MAC lipsticks! So bright, so fun, soooo sassy! You will be noticed when you wear this. It is a great summer lipstick....really a great anytime lipstick. I have bought this more than once and will keep buying it when I run out. I love the look of red lipstick, but for some reason have never felt like it looks really great on me, especially blue-based reds. I find that orange lipsticks look fabulous on me and has the same striking effect, but with a bit more sass than sex....but I am more sass than sex. lol

Highly recommend checking this out. Would look fabulous at the beach with little makeup or at a party. Love to wear this on days I just want to feel like a sassafras! lol :)