October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Pure O2 complex

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by DrsL

I have normal skin and I have found the complex to be very refreshing, both in summer and winter. I find that the soft mousse absorbs quickly, and my face stays hydrated for hours. My skin has a glow, and my makeup glides on evenly. I think the key to success with this product is to use only a small amount at a time of the mousse lather. If necessary, apply another small amount on another part of the face, rather than lathering on a bunch at once.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2004 9:40:00 AM More reviews by duchess624

This made my skin feel heavy and greasy. I did not see much of a difference. I prefer more lightweight lotion. The foaming idea was what got me to try it, but it did not feel light and airy on my face. Would not buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 1:06:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does, as far as I can tell, absolutely nothing for my skin. I can't even see any reason to use it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ShayeGage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I noticed no difference in my skin when I used this product. It is much too expensive to not show a visible difference. I think the claims in the brochures were overblown.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2003 12:27:00 PM More reviews by JillieG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, I use this before I apply my Avon Clinical, so I am not reviewing it as a stand-alone product. Very pleasant light foam that blends very quickly into my skin. I think it boosts the clarifying properties of the Clinical because I notice a lightening effect on a few freckles. Also, my complexion sparkles. And aside from a few target applications of concealer, I no longer feel like I *have* to use foundation because my skin is rosy, even, and really really glows! I can't say I would repurchase only because I don't know how well this product works independently!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2003 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lisavegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a fun product - I bought it because I thought it would be a neat way to moisturize with an SPF - but it made my skin feel very heavy and greasy. Not at all what you would think from a "light airy foam". Sorry Avon, love your stuff but I would skip this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2003 10:21:00 AM More reviews by attygal

Sorry, Avon, but this isn't for me. Makes my face sort of red. When I already have freckles and ruddy skin, that's NOT a plus. The foam and the packaging is pretty fun, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2003 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Iana

This lotion is not for many skin types. It is very fragrant, which is a skin irritation. It's also pretty greasy, I find.
I was really disappointed in this product. I was all excited that Avon was coming out with a moisturizer with a broad spectrum sunscreen at last, but then I smelled it, and tried it. It made me break out and irritated my skin. If this product works for you, by all means, use it, it has a wonderful SPF. But, for those with even slightly sensitive or acne prone skin, avoid this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by rjdawes

Okay, I love Avon and I use the Retroactive cream at night, so I decided to use this as a daytime moisturizer since Avon calls these two the "dream team". Well....I hardly ever have zits but every time I use this stuff, I break out and I have normal to dry skin. This is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Staceywc

Finally, a holy grail daytime moisturizer. I tried this on a whim since I was dying to try Retroactive and this is awesome stuff. I use it alone in the am and it really gives a nice sheen to my otherwise dry/dull complexion. I love the mousse and it smells fantastic. Absolutely no breakouts since I started the combo of retroactive at night and this in the morning. I usually use higher end products (Pola, Astara, Remede) and I have to say that these two Avon products are replacing those brands! Definately give this stuff a try!