April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Tarte - Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Mosturizer (Smooth Operator)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

Meh it was ok. I was using this while on tretinoin so maybe it's unfair to judge it. My main issue with tarte products is that they're all waterproof! SO ANNOYING. At least give us the option to choose un-waterproof ones. Who really needs waterproof foundation? Unless you work at sea world or the beach like what? Ok maybe if you sweat a lot during the day too but for us 9-5 office gals who are inside most of the time anyway, this is pointless. This just makes it super super difficult to get off at the end of the day, even with proper make up remover. I seriously had to wash my face 3 times to get this crap off, not good for the skin. It's also really expensive. I'd suggest Dermablend, wayyy more coverage and about the same price. But I'm willing to pay it if it covers my acne and comes off at the end of the day. It's the ONLY make up that worked for me on tretinoin.

Things that I do like about tarte: cruelty free and all natural. Just please stop making everything water proof.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a little iffy with this product. Other reviewers are 100% correct in saying that the shade darkens while it's on your skin. Luckily that wasn't TOO dark for me, or I could have had a disastrous day. I wear the product in Fair. I do think this will work much better in the summer when I have a tan though.

That being said, the product itself is okay. Not fantastic but not bad. It has sheer coverage that is buildable if you so chose, but I feel like it starts to look kind of "dirty" if you cake it on. In fact, the low rating for this product for me is because when I look in the mirror 4-6 hours later (mid-day at work) I feel like my skin looks dirty. My t-zone is always shiny and my face just doesn't look clean and poreless like it usually does with my normal liquid foundation (MAC matchmaster). When I use it, I put on Neostrata's matifying fluid on my t-zone and chin, followed by Tarte's poreless primer, and then the tinted moisturizer, followed my Laura Mercier's setting powder.

So, I will finish the product, primarily in the summer probably, but I wouldn't buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about two months. I haven't broken out or had any sensitivity reaction. However, I don't feel like I've had any healing benefits either. This is a fairly decent tinted moisturizer. The color selection is kind enough to have a match for me (fair, Agent 00). I did not appreciate the sparkles, though. It would look nice from a few feet away, and then as you get closer, little sparkles would appear.....everywhere.....it's fine glitter, but it's still noticeably, undeniably glitter. The wear time was about 5 hours with some usual failings (minimal laugh lines, wear-through on chin and nose, sheen on nose creases). If it wasn't for the glitter, I would probably repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

This one applies smoothly onto my skin. I have also noticed that my skin is clearing up slightly so im guessing it must be the amazonian clay. I truly love this one despite their expensive price (SGD 55 @ sephora). However it is worth your money.

No fragrance. I apply the body shop all in one face base to set the make up. You can use loose powder too. My blush color stays on after 8 hours when i apply on top of this one. So what is there not to love?? I will definitely purchase this once this runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. I have had the same bottle for 5 months. I like I do cause it make my face look smooth with the tarte powder. I only use the tarte moisturizer and tarte powder. On occasion. It breaks me out. So when I run out I wouldn't re purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this tinted moisturizer! I have fair, dry skin that reacts to a lot of things. I have had no problem with reactions with this product. I love how smooth my skin feels with it. I usually apply it with a beauty blender and it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This BB tinted moisturizer is smooth and soft, and easy to match your skin tone. I absolutely love it, and while it is very expensive, is worth the money believe it or not.

I originally bought the BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen, an it is so inferior to this BB tinted moisturizer. I returned the primer and was so impressed with the difference. They products essentially do the same job, but this tinted moisturizer is so soft, not oily (I have oily skin), and a dream to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hr6aw

Ever since I started getting over my years of teen acne, I decided it was time to switch from a heavy coverage foundation to a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I tested several out and finally settled on this one for several reasons. My old foundation was okay but was a bit drying and gave me a slightly dull face. This tinted moisturizer is so brightening, feels very light going on, has a surprisingly good amount of coverage for being so thin, doesn't break me out, is long lasting, has a great versatile color, and I only have to use the tiniest amount each day. The sample I got from Sephora lasted me a more than a month of everyday use. I still use a day cream under this tinted moisturizer and some concealer for hyperpigmentation spots, but it's the best I've ever tried. And it's also a decent price for a higher end brand, somewhere around $35.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by norehan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Great coverage, it evens out the overall skin tone, when applied evenly. I find that if you apply it with a flat buffer brush, it applies smoothly, evenly & lightly. When I apply this with a beauty blender, there is less coverage and it looks cakey, but that is not the product's fault, its because whenever you apply liquid makeup with a sponge, that is what happens.
So, overall, this product delivers, it has high coverage, its more on the natural side, although it is not 100% natural, but its better than all the other stuff out there. It also does not have a strong smell, which is a great plus for me because I can't stand any makeup that has a smell.
I think it is more on a foundation side than on moisturizer side, meaning, it doesn't moisturize per say, it actually covers more.
I also like the packaging, you can control the amount that comes out.

As for ACNE prone skin, I feel that if you apply this heavily every day, then you will break out, just as you would if you are using a lot of cover up everyday. However, if you apply this lightly, and by itself, without foundation over it, and REMOVE your makeup before you sleep, then it will not break you out.

PROS
-High coverage, like a foundation
-Brightens
-No scent
-Blendable
-Buildable

CONS
-Can't think of any

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

I bought this after reading all the good reviews. I have this in my travel bag, so I don't use it that often. After 6 months, the product oxidized and changed color, making my face dark and dull. I also noticed that this product is full of little yellow sparkles so this makes my face a little yellow and bronzed. it is not an extraordinary extradinary even when I first bought it and the color was ok. Neutrogena skin enhancer lasted longer, looked better and was loads cheaper.