Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer (Smooth Operator)

Active Ingredients: 5% Titanium Dioxide , 5% Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Saccharum Offcinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tretrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol. ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines.

on 7/28/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! Perfect for my young face. It looks so natural while hiding the redness on my face. I read the reviews here and they say that this tinted moisturizer breaks them out, but it wasn't the same case for me. Products work differently on people so never be afraid to try new ones :) This tinted moisturizer is what I'm currently obsessing on. It saves lots of time for me as all I need to do is to squeeze just a few and blend away, not needing any tools to use with. Makes my skin look dewy and fresh, and revives my dull complexion. Looking forward to purchasing more Tarte products. I think their products are worth the price.

on 7/7/2015 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love tinted moisturizers and this is no exception. Because of the Amazonian clay, I feel like this really lasts on the skin, while still looking incredibly natural and glowing. It has sheer-light coverage. Remember it's called "tinted" for a reason. I'm not sure why some people knock tinted moisturizers for not having a lot of coverage because that's kind of the point. This is very similar to the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint, another favorite of mine. The reason I gave this 4/5 is because I can't decide if this sometimes gives me minor breakouts or blackheads... I've used this on and off for the last 3 months. I think I'll have to wear it more regularly it really find out.

Although it's my own fault, Ivory is not a good match for me. It's far too yellow (I am pale and a cool-neutral, about NW15 in MAC), but I will avoid rating this for my mistake in color choice.

Fortunately, the color is forgiving as the product is so sheer. I wouldn't suggest this if you want buildable or at least semi-sheer coverage (which I do).

I don't find it either moisturizing or drying, and I have had no skin flareups with regular use of this tinted moisturizer. Overall, it's OK for a soft-focus effect, but it's nothing amazing. I personally won't be repurchasing this (even if they expanded shades).

on 6/28/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Read the reviews here on makeupalley and I thought this would be my HG. It's cruelty free, has SPF, and the color (light-medium) matched me perfectly. I only used this about 5 times before I realized this was the reason why I was breaking out (normally my skin is clear). Also, most of the time I wore it my skin would peel for some reason and it would oxidize like crazy. I just wish I could get my $36 back, this stuff isn't cheap.

on 6/24/2015 4:45:00 AM

First, I am a huge fan of the BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen. Naturally, I felt I also needed this BB Tinted Moisturizer in my collection! But it's not great at all. It oxidizes terribly and has a sort of watery texture. Even with powder, I felt my face looked wet with this stuff. What I love about the BB Tinted Treatment is that it doesn't settle into fine liens and pores-it does a great job at hiding them. However with this product, I felt pores and lines were emphasized. The color ended up looking unnatural for me, however I am quite fair. The whole Smooth Operator line is not anything special TBH. I anticipate Tarte stepping up their game and introducing a new BB line sometime soon!

on 4/18/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

my favorite TM (Ive tried Laura Mercier and the Balm), when i dont feel like putting on foundation or its a day i dont need that much coverage i just pick this up and blend it into my face using my hands and it blends so nicely and it has such a nice, natural and dewy finish and for a TM it has a really good color payoff which can definitely be built upon. the only problem I can see (not for me but for others) is that the color selection is limited but i would give this TM a chance and get a sample just to try it because it is really amazing.

on 4/15/2015 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had the original Smooth Operator TM, before it was named a "BB cream." Therefore this review is based on that. I wanted to like this. Gave decent coverage for a TM but it made my face itchy.

I've had this product for about a month, and to be honest, I'm still fairly undecided about whether I like it or not.

Pros:
- it's long lasting. I can put this on for 10 hours a day and it will not budge, not even in the hot Thai heat.
- it doesn't transfer as easily as NARS's tinted moisturizer.
- it's lightweight. I often forget I have it on.
- No breakouts
- It's moisturizing, but not greasy. It might be a little too dry in the winter.

Cons:
- the light-medium shade is a little too pink for my NC-25 skin tone.
- sometimes, it oxidizes terribly!!! So I have to put extra concealer on, which isn't all that great because the concealer gives me blackheads.
- it accentuates my pores! oh no!
- when I first put it on, it kinda stung my face a little. I hoped it would go away, but it hasn't. Normally I'd throw something like that out, but...
- it's so pricey I can't see myself throwing it away.

So, if you have pink-based skin without large pores and you live in a hot area, this is perfect for you. But it's not as perfect for someone like me (combination-dry, warm toned skin with redness around the cheeks). The search for an HG Tinted moisturizer/BB cream goes on....

on 3/24/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive, horrible skin and I have tried so many tinted moisturizers and BB creams it is not even funny. I wanted to try this for the longest time but just never wanted to dish out the money on yet another high end product that would break me out. I started using The Balm shelter's beauty balm and liked it other than it oxidizing and being somewhat like a foundation, but it didn't break me out so I figured it was the best I was going to get, until I finally bought this! I love this stuff! It is buildable and absorbs quickly with just the right amount of coverage, and at the end of the day my skin doesn't feel like I have suffocated it. I also really like that it doesn't smell gross like some other tinted moisturizers I have tried. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with oily acne prone skin that is looking for a tinted moisturizer.

on 2/22/2015 10:48:00 AM

Love this ! My second tube of this product. I have really sensitive oily skin which makes finding BB cream/tinted moisturiser difficult. Before using this, I was using the Balm Balmshelter tinted moisturiser, but it oxides and make my skin real orangey. So I thought I would give this a try, since is oil and paraben free. Never regret at all, it gives really natural light-medium coverage and coverage is actually build able. This does not cause my sensitive skin to break out and my face only becomes oily at night after having this on for 8hrs. Definitely good for everyday use, as it only has spf 20, I like to mix this with Korres Yoghurt sunscreen to provide better sun protection for my skin (Live in a very sunny and humid area)