Hard Candy Eye Candy eyeshadow (all colors)

on 3/23/2014 9:16:00 PM

I am in love with the eyeshadow by hard candy called high maintenance.Half dark purple/plum,half a very light glittery color. I can use it on its own as my whole eye look ( minus eyeliner). it goes on smooth and wash it off pretty easy. I don't even use eye make up remover for it . And it doesn't seem to crease throughout the day. only problem I have found is batch to batch the color seems to be a little different.

Now to review another eyeshadow by hard candy. Mod Squad. this shadow doesn't compare to the last one. Its too light. When wet applied it is glittery and darker. But without water it is pastel. When washing off expect glitter to linger for a day or two.

on 8/28/2012 4:22:00 PM

I bought this on sale about two or three years ago from Sephora, I think the entire brand was 75% off when they were discontinuing it. I bought a palette of 9 eye candy eyeshadows, plus buttered popcorn, cotton candy and caramel individually. I kept them in some drawers and didn't touch them for months. Just rediscovered them recently and I'm obsessed -- these shadows are so buttery and have great staying power. Suede and Caramel make perfect crease colors and Buttered Popcorn and Butterscotch are great naked shades. These exactly like UD colors, just as pigmented and just as shimmery.

I love HC eyeshadows! I have the caramel, cotton candy and a blue one.. I wear caramel every day to work. The pink and blue I don't really wear much because I bought them when I was younger and, well, they are younger girl colors. Love the color payoff though and love the packaging. The colors are subtle enough to look good on girls of any age. There isn't crazy glitter on them like some UD.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My Hard Candy palette is from Sephora(way back when they sold it lol), the packaging and shades are really cute & fun. The color pay off is okay, they are def not even close to MAC's shadows .But for an everyday wash of sheer color or for younger girls they are very pretty!

on 7/31/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got my first HC eyeshadow in "peppermint patti" at tj maxx for about $3 - LOV EIT>.great pigmentation and it stays put! a little goes a long way..imma go back for more!!! ☺☺☺

on 6/20/2009 5:23:00 PM

When hard candy was still sold at sephora i would always stop by the stand to see the colors
We stopped by sephora really quick on time and my cousin told me to grab something on her so i went for the cotton candy eyeshadow
the color looked GORG and i felt i didnt need to swatch it
so i went home and i must of lost it and i recently discovered it agian
i tried to use it and there was NO COLOR PAY OFF AT ALL
i couldnt even get a sparkle to show up
so i used a nude base, a primer, and even a hot pink base but still
nada zip cero ziltch
i couldnt believe it
and i think it was 12-14 dollars when i got it
WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!!
the packaging was ahhhdorable though
it slides open which is unusual but quite creative
dont waste your money on this shadow
maybe other colors show up better but NOT cotton candy

on 3/2/2009 10:45:00 AM

The "Snowcone" and "Butterscotch" colors are sheer and I would never use on dark skin but they show up on me - I'm pale. "Jellybean" has more pigment and is pretty without the chalkiness or shimmer of drugstore pastels, but: I purchased several in "Taffy" when I found out H.C. is going out of business. It is beautiful and I don't ever want to be without it. I am complimented on it constantly, and it looks great since I became a blonde.

I got this in Popsicle, light purple and it is a great color. I like sheer shadows so this is perfect. The glitter isn't crazy drag queen. It is subtle shadow. so if you are into brighter shadows don't get this. It is for the more subdue make up wears like myself.

on 6/27/2008 12:48:00 PM

i bought the eye candy eye palatte adn it has 9 of teh eye candy shadows. and i have read bad things about every shadow other than the ones in this palatte. i love the colors, adn even though the pigmentation could be better, im satisfied with the product. i dont see a need to, but would repurchase.

on 2/3/2008 7:56:00 PM

What a ripoff. At the prices, I thought I was buying quality eyeshadow, but that was not the case. Horrible texture, impossible to see, no pigment. Extremely cheap quality make-up and shoddy packaging (which broke immediately).

Hard Candy has cute names, displays, and packages their products to appeal to younger girls. But their make-up is utter garbage. Cheap.