LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 2/24/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this for a clarifying shampoo for my fine, thin hair. I learned that it should be used as that for myself, a clarifying shampoo. If I use too much, it will dry out my already damaged hair, which is not something that I want to do. I love LUSH's shampoos and this is just another one that I have stored in a container in my shower.

I wanted to note, that I also use this as an alternative to the BIG shampoo, which will also dry out your hair if you are not careful. I noticed that after using it more than once a week, my hair was drier and more brittle, so I reserve that shampoo for night out hair and have substituted Seanik for my clarifying shampoo. Also, make sure when using either of the previously mentioned shampoos, you use a good conditioner afterwards to keep the moisture balance in your hair. This particular product is great for the price and does what it says it will. You will get so much use out of it, and it is great for travel!

I also wanted to say that although they sell the containers to store the shampoo bars in, I have found that my own small tupperware container works better. It is easier to seal and it also keeps the bar in better shape. The tin not so much. You may also want to think about letting the bar dry on the container lid first on your bathroom counter and once it's dry putting it in the container with the lid on. Another way to lengthen the life of the bar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I have oily thin flat hair, So shampoos that leave residue and my natural oils combined is HORRIBLY flat! Seanik is perfect for oily thin hair in my opinion! I don't think it would be that great for thick hair because it might make it have TOO much volume! Smells awesome, and makes my hair whimsical, big, and CLEAN! I don't think I'll ever use another shampoo!

I love this because there is zero residue after washing and your hair feels really clean. It is brilliant for travelling. Smells nice too

on 12/7/2014 2:42:00 PM

I purchased this bar after using the "New" lush shampoo bar on a long trip. I really like that one and was going to repurchase it, but thought why not try the Seanik bar as it also received positive reviews. After trying Seanik, I've come to the conclusion that this one and New are pretty much the same. Like, I don't think I could tell the difference if I tried both while blindfolded. The scents of each are different, but I like both. Seanik smells a bit more fresh and light as opposed to new which is kind of spicy. The lady at Lush told me that New is supposed to promote hair growth, which scientifically speaking I'm not sure if it will...while she said that Seanik is good to add volume and shine to hair. The lady asked me when my hair type is, and I have pretty normal, straight hair. As I don't have too many issues with hair, she said I could probably just pick which shampoo I liked the smell best and it would work fine (but I picked Seanik as I was intrigued by the good reviews). I didn't notice a difference between either of them. My hair felt the same during and after showering. Maybe if you had a very different hair texture than me, you would find a difference, but I really didn't. I really like the Lush shampoo bars and will keep using them, and I'll probably try all of them just to see if there is any difference between the lot. The benefits of shampoo bars have been stated already many times (and in me New review) so I'll leave it at this!

on 11/7/2014 5:30:00 PM

I used Seanik for the first time this morning. It's my first time using a LUSH product. The smell is soft and sweet like cherry blossoms and Sweet Tarts. I rubbed it lightly thru my hair and I got a ton of lather right away. I have fine combination hair that gets oily after going a day without washing. My hair was so soft and I didn't need to use any conditioner for the first time ever!!!! I love this stuff and I can't wait to wash my hair again!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I respect Lush's concept of little-to-no packaging. However, with my sensitive scalp, I couldn't even make it through one shower with this shampoo bar. I got itchy almost immediately. I had to wash it out with my usual sulfate-free shampoo.

Although my experience was not good, I still want to give Seanik a three-lippie rating because Lush has an excellent return policy and I got my money back, no problemo.

on 10/22/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I can't even count how many bars of Seanik I have gone through, it is a must-have for me. It lathers really well, smells amazing, makes my hair and scalp feel SO clean, and leaves my hair soft, shiny and full of volume. I have a very oily scalp and thick, heavy hair and I believe that's why it works for me. I can see it being too harsh for dry or color-treated hair because of the sea salt. This bar is awesome for traveling too. My one issue with Lush's shampoo bars is the way the bar becomes thinner and thinner with use, and eventually breaks into small pieces to the point where it becomes difficult to use. I usually end up throwing the really small broken pieces away, which makes me sad because I hate wasting product. Still, one bar lasts me a good three months (I wash my hair every other day) so I still think it's a great value. I like that Lush's shampoo bars come with no packaging; I keep mine in a plastic soap holder and that works fine. I just make sure the soap holder and shampoo bar are both as dry as possible before I put it away. If you keep it away from water during the non-hair washing part of your shower and and dry it off after use, it keeps the bar from getting mushy.

on 8/12/2014 10:53:00 PM

Smells amazing. Cleanses well, lathers well, add a volume. Overall good product. Only bad thing is that it dries kinda funny, and seems like it's melting. I still need to figure out what I'm gonna do storage-wise

on 7/30/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have never found a Lush shampoo bar that I disliked. I haven't cared for some of their liquid shampoos but that is for another review. I've been using Seanik for the past couple of months and like every other Lush shampoo bar it works really well with my curly, partly dry hair. The shampoo bars all lather like crazy, which I enjoy though I know that isn't a sign that a shampoo is doing a good job. I like this scent - it smells like an ocean or water fragrance oil but not like Lush's description of seaweed and lemon. This is a relief because seaweed is not a fragrance that I enjoy. I think Lush's shampoo bars are a good value and I tend to alternate between 2-3 of them at a time. They last for months and I highly recommend them.

on 6/4/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've never really had any problems with my hair so I'd always wash them with drugstore shampoos but since I started using this bad boy, I noticed how light they felt afterwards. I ran out of it once and had to use a Dove shampoo and my hair never felt so damn heavy when I rinced it all off.

They make you hair look and feel healthy. I used to wash my hair every two days, now I can skip one more day and they will NEVER look greasy or anything. My scalp is thanking me and I would never go back to drugstore shampoos.

It also smells like fresh and clean laundry (some people may dislike it but the smell doesn't stick around if you apply a conditioner after anyways.. so for me, since I'm a huge fan of the smell but have to moisturize my hair, the fun lasts while I lather in the shower!)

They last FOREVER and lather like crazy!

The only cons to me would be that I have to apply a thin layer of Dove conditioner (Lush's ones don't do anything for me) after I rince Seanik off my hair or else, i wouldn't be able to comb them at all. (I also never comb my hair when wet. I usually wait til the next day if since I shower at night and then untangle in the morning. i find my hair so much more pretty and less damaged.) AND, it comes alone, you need to purchase the tin and store your bar in there or it'll melt in the shower.

So overall, I would definetly recommend it and if you have a pretty busy schedule or you're just lazy with hair maintenance, go for these shampoo bars and you'll be thanking Lush that you only wash your hair twice a week.. or maybe less! (some smell pretty bad and I found that Seanik and Jumping Juniper where the only ones that smelled good to me..)

If you're afraid that your locks are gonna smell or lack some scents, apply Organix moroccan argan oil here and there OR aussie's hairspray "sprunch" and them comb, it will soften them and leave a nice and pleasant frangrance that'll last throughout the day. That's what I usually do the day before I wash them.

Always remember, healthy hair doesn't mean that you need to wash them often.

Top Rated LUSH Products