December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jayelle12345

I purchased this bar after using the "New" lush shampoo bar on a long trip. I really like that one and was going to repurchase it, but thought why not try the Seanik bar as it also received positive reviews. After trying Seanik, I've come to the conclusion that this one and New are pretty much the same. Like, I don't think I could tell the difference if I tried both while blindfolded. The scents of each are different, but I like both. Seanik smells a bit more fresh and light as opposed to new which is kind of spicy. The lady at Lush told me that New is supposed to promote hair growth, which scientifically speaking I'm not sure if it will...while she said that Seanik is good to add volume and shine to hair. The lady asked me when my hair type is, and I have pretty normal, straight hair. As I don't have too many issues with hair, she said I could probably just pick which shampoo I liked the smell best and it would work fine (but I picked Seanik as I was intrigued by the good reviews). I didn't notice a difference between either of them. My hair felt the same during and after showering. Maybe if you had a very different hair texture than me, you would find a difference, but I really didn't. I really like the Lush shampoo bars and will keep using them, and I'll probably try all of them just to see if there is any difference between the lot. The benefits of shampoo bars have been stated already many times (and in me New review) so I'll leave it at this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by KITSUNE737

I used Seanik for the first time this morning. It's my first time using a LUSH product. The smell is soft and sweet like cherry blossoms and Sweet Tarts. I rubbed it lightly thru my hair and I got a ton of lather right away. I have fine combination hair that gets oily after going a day without washing. My hair was so soft and I didn't need to use any conditioner for the first time ever!!!! I love this stuff and I can't wait to wash my hair again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I respect Lush's concept of little-to-no packaging. However, with my sensitive scalp, I couldn't even make it through one shower with this shampoo bar. I got itchy almost immediately. I had to wash it out with my usual sulfate-free shampoo.

Although my experience was not good, I still want to give Seanik a three-lippie rating because Lush has an excellent return policy and I got my money back, no problemo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't even count how many bars of Seanik I have gone through, it is a must-have for me. It lathers really well, smells amazing, makes my hair and scalp feel SO clean, and leaves my hair soft, shiny and full of volume. I have a very oily scalp and thick, heavy hair and I believe that's why it works for me. I can see it being too harsh for dry or color-treated hair because of the sea salt. This bar is awesome for traveling too. My one issue with Lush's shampoo bars is the way the bar becomes thinner and thinner with use, and eventually breaks into small pieces to the point where it becomes difficult to use. I usually end up throwing the really small broken pieces away, which makes me sad because I hate wasting product. Still, one bar lasts me a good three months (I wash my hair every other day) so I still think it's a great value. I like that Lush's shampoo bars come with no packaging; I keep mine in a plastic soap holder and that works fine. I just make sure the soap holder and shampoo bar are both as dry as possible before I put it away. If you keep it away from water during the non-hair washing part of your shower and and dry it off after use, it keeps the bar from getting mushy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Puckdog17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells amazing. Cleanses well, lathers well, add a volume. Overall good product. Only bad thing is that it dries kinda funny, and seems like it's melting. I still need to figure out what I'm gonna do storage-wise

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never found a Lush shampoo bar that I disliked. I haven't cared for some of their liquid shampoos but that is for another review. I've been using Seanik for the past couple of months and like every other Lush shampoo bar it works really well with my curly, partly dry hair. The shampoo bars all lather like crazy, which I enjoy though I know that isn't a sign that a shampoo is doing a good job. I like this scent - it smells like an ocean or water fragrance oil but not like Lush's description of seaweed and lemon. This is a relief because seaweed is not a fragrance that I enjoy. I think Lush's shampoo bars are a good value and I tend to alternate between 2-3 of them at a time. They last for months and I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Rieadd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never really had any problems with my hair so I'd always wash them with drugstore shampoos but since I started using this bad boy, I noticed how light they felt afterwards. I ran out of it once and had to use a Dove shampoo and my hair never felt so damn heavy when I rinced it all off.

They make you hair look and feel healthy. I used to wash my hair every two days, now I can skip one more day and they will NEVER look greasy or anything. My scalp is thanking me and I would never go back to drugstore shampoos.

It also smells like fresh and clean laundry (some people may dislike it but the smell doesn't stick around if you apply a conditioner after anyways.. so for me, since I'm a huge fan of the smell but have to moisturize my hair, the fun lasts while I lather in the shower!)

They last FOREVER and lather like crazy!

The only cons to me would be that I have to apply a thin layer of Dove conditioner (Lush's ones don't do anything for me) after I rince Seanik off my hair or else, i wouldn't be able to comb them at all. (I also never comb my hair when wet. I usually wait til the next day if since I shower at night and then untangle in the morning. i find my hair so much more pretty and less damaged.) AND, it comes alone, you need to purchase the tin and store your bar in there or it'll melt in the shower.

So overall, I would definetly recommend it and if you have a pretty busy schedule or you're just lazy with hair maintenance, go for these shampoo bars and you'll be thanking Lush that you only wash your hair twice a week.. or maybe less! (some smell pretty bad and I found that Seanik and Jumping Juniper where the only ones that smelled good to me..)

If you're afraid that your locks are gonna smell or lack some scents, apply Organix moroccan argan oil here and there OR aussie's hairspray "sprunch" and them comb, it will soften them and leave a nice and pleasant frangrance that'll last throughout the day. That's what I usually do the day before I wash them.

Always remember, healthy hair doesn't mean that you need to wash them often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by misshappy12345

This is my favourite solid shampoo bar, it workes great on my fine greasy hair, it washes it well and does give my hair a bit more volume but does not dry out my ends (I have dry ends) and last for a last 3-4 months on my medium to long hair but my only complaint is that I wish the smell lingered on my hair for longer as it is my favourite smell from LUSH, this has been my HG shampoo for over a year and I don't see it going anywhere soon :D

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this shampoo bar for some weeks now and here is what I like about it: Foams up great, has a pleasant fragrance, gives some shine and cleanse my hair. What I don't like about it is: Can't say that it has given any volyme and I have to make sure that it's not melting from water in the special cup i bought with it.
All in all it's not a bad shampoo but its not the best for me so I will keep on looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kkbelle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bar is absolutely life changing in three ways! Firstly, I have relatively fine fair hair but massives of it. I find it very difficult to find a shampoo that deals with my hair without weighing it down. After decades of this expensive potion and that expensive lotion I simply cannot believe the difference it has made to the health, bounce and managability of my locks.

The second way is the cost. For decades I have been persuaded to buy expensive hair product that caked my hair and broke the bank.

Third way - portability. Travelling is fabulous with a wee tin box of shampoo bar that takes up little room.

I use the Seanik bar and lightly wipe their green conditioning bar over afterwards - brilliant

I can honestly say that along with lilash this is the only product I rate as the two products that changed my life