October 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Puckdog17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells amazing. Cleanses well, lathers well, add a volume. Overall good product. Only bad thing is that it dries kinda funny, and seems like it's melting. I still need to figure out what I'm gonna do storage-wise

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never found a Lush shampoo bar that I disliked. I haven't cared for some of their liquid shampoos but that is for another review. I've been using Seanik for the past couple of months and like every other Lush shampoo bar it works really well with my curly, partly dry hair. The shampoo bars all lather like crazy, which I enjoy though I know that isn't a sign that a shampoo is doing a good job. I like this scent - it smells like an ocean or water fragrance oil but not like Lush's description of seaweed and lemon. This is a relief because seaweed is not a fragrance that I enjoy. I think Lush's shampoo bars are a good value and I tend to alternate between 2-3 of them at a time. They last for months and I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Rieadd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never really had any problems with my hair so I'd always wash them with drugstore shampoos but since I started using this bad boy, I noticed how light they felt afterwards. I ran out of it once and had to use a Dove shampoo and my hair never felt so damn heavy when I rinced it all off.

They make you hair look and feel healthy. I used to wash my hair every two days, now I can skip one more day and they will NEVER look greasy or anything. My scalp is thanking me and I would never go back to drugstore shampoos.

It also smells like fresh and clean laundry (some people may dislike it but the smell doesn't stick around if you apply a conditioner after anyways.. so for me, since I'm a huge fan of the smell but have to moisturize my hair, the fun lasts while I lather in the shower!)

They last FOREVER and lather like crazy!

The only cons to me would be that I have to apply a thin layer of Dove conditioner (Lush's ones don't do anything for me) after I rince Seanik off my hair or else, i wouldn't be able to comb them at all. (I also never comb my hair when wet. I usually wait til the next day if since I shower at night and then untangle in the morning. i find my hair so much more pretty and less damaged.) AND, it comes alone, you need to purchase the tin and store your bar in there or it'll melt in the shower.

So overall, I would definetly recommend it and if you have a pretty busy schedule or you're just lazy with hair maintenance, go for these shampoo bars and you'll be thanking Lush that you only wash your hair twice a week.. or maybe less! (some smell pretty bad and I found that Seanik and Jumping Juniper where the only ones that smelled good to me..)

If you're afraid that your locks are gonna smell or lack some scents, apply Organix moroccan argan oil here and there OR aussie's hairspray "sprunch" and them comb, it will soften them and leave a nice and pleasant frangrance that'll last throughout the day. That's what I usually do the day before I wash them.

Always remember, healthy hair doesn't mean that you need to wash them often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by misshappy12345

This is my favourite solid shampoo bar, it workes great on my fine greasy hair, it washes it well and does give my hair a bit more volume but does not dry out my ends (I have dry ends) and last for a last 3-4 months on my medium to long hair but my only complaint is that I wish the smell lingered on my hair for longer as it is my favourite smell from LUSH, this has been my HG shampoo for over a year and I don't see it going anywhere soon :D

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this shampoo bar for some weeks now and here is what I like about it: Foams up great, has a pleasant fragrance, gives some shine and cleanse my hair. What I don't like about it is: Can't say that it has given any volyme and I have to make sure that it's not melting from water in the special cup i bought with it.
All in all it's not a bad shampoo but its not the best for me so I will keep on looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kkbelle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bar is absolutely life changing in three ways! Firstly, I have relatively fine fair hair but massives of it. I find it very difficult to find a shampoo that deals with my hair without weighing it down. After decades of this expensive potion and that expensive lotion I simply cannot believe the difference it has made to the health, bounce and managability of my locks.

The second way is the cost. For decades I have been persuaded to buy expensive hair product that caked my hair and broke the bank.

Third way - portability. Travelling is fabulous with a wee tin box of shampoo bar that takes up little room.

I use the Seanik bar and lightly wipe their green conditioning bar over afterwards - brilliant

I can honestly say that along with lilash this is the only product I rate as the two products that changed my life

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell, love the bar formulation, love the color. Cleans really well, as I would have expected from an SLS product.

I reserve this for getting coconut oil out of my hair, though. If I used it more frequently than that I think my scalp would dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Spfeif82

This shampoo changed my life. It sounds dramatic, I know, but it is amazing. First, it lathers so well it is shocking. Second, it smells amazing. Third, it rinses out of my hair quickly and cleanly and fourth my hair is soft and manageable. Plus, this stuff lasts forever. I was stuck in a spiral of trying one mediocre shampoo after another. Finally, someone recommended this to me and I have been singing its praises ever since. I couldn't believe it myself. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a shampoo bar, but I'm so glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lushadams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 3 because I feel its a really great product, but just not for my hair. My hair can be fairly frizzy and volumous anyway (as I have curly hair) and this shampoo bar just left me with soft but VERY fluffy hair. I love that it's solid because it saves on packaging and also means it doesn't need preservatives but I think a different shampoo bar would be better for me. If you have straight or wavy hair and feel like you want a bit of volume or sexy beach waves this will probably work pretty great for you, curly haired girls beware though :/ my hair just can't handle it!

p.s the smell is AMAZING like a fresh ocean breeze or something, hence why I was so attracted to it to begin with

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this based on looks - its color is vibrant and the peekaboo seaweed sparked my interest (I have a mermaid obsession! lol). I think it smells refreshing and reminds me of a day at the beach. I have fine, thin, oily hair and this kept the oil at bay and helped to add volume. My only gripe is the seaweed - the chunks can get stuck in your hair which can be annoying so be sure to rinse extra well. Also, be very cautious to not get this in your eyes. Some of this trickled into my eye one time and on a pain scale of 1 to 10 - I'd give it a 9. It stung so badly that I couldn't even open it to flush it out. I thought for sure I'd end up wearing an eye patch for a few days after that incident! It hurts SO much worse than any other shampoo I've ever gotten in my eyes.