November 27, 2014 | 1411 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Misfit Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I'll be completely honest and say I purchase this duo purely for the gorgeous, unique peacock-green shade with elements of teal. It truly is even more stunning in real life! I own a ton of green eyeshadows; MAC Greensmoke, Club Sumptuous Olive, Humid, Urban Decay Zodiac, but NONE of them come remotely close to the green in this duo, it's in a total league of it's own. As for pale ivory-gold shade... it's nothing special, but name of the duo is 'Misfits' which I guess means two shades that are complete polar opposites.

Pigmentation wise, the duo is outstanding, the colour payoff is very rich and the texture is SO soft and velvety. Classic NARS quality. Unlike my other beloved Habanera duo, the green shade has very subtle glitter and shimmer, which I think is great since the green is so bright and loud, it would have been overkill. Both shades blend and apply very well (wet your brush if you want more payoff), and luckily the green does not permanently stain my 217, 239 and 219 brushes. I always use eyeshadow primer, so I can't comment on longevity without it.

If you mix the two shades together, you get a brighter green. The green does stain your eyes though, so definitely take your time with application and blending, and use a light hand. Overall, the green in this duo is so striking and different and very much worth the purchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Misfit duo is a gorgeous duo of a soft beige and rich green on my coloring I get a true green. I created a few different looks with this duo and I love each look. The shadows are highly pigmented and blend out fanticastically. I plan on picking up a few more duos by Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by titania19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow duo! I especially love the green shadow that it comes with. It is highly pigmented and really brought out the green in my hazel eyes. I was afraid the color would look a little garish on my NC20 skin, but it didn't! In fact, it quite complemented it. I would totally repurchase I plan on giving more NARS eyeshadows a try! This product is worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolebailon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got this as a christmas present and when i opened it, i think i screamed! i really like it and it is very pigmented. i am in love with the teal side and the white side is really nice too.. the two colors compliment each other very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Love the teal/green side, not so crazy about the neutral side. It's a big disappointment. When I first saw it, I thought, "WOW! Look at that teal! Wait, what's with that other one??" They shouldn't be paired together IMO. The teal (which is supposed to be emerald but I don't see it at all) is bold and bright, it should have came with another bold color. Especially for the price. I can't believe I paid $32 just cause I loved the teal. Also, the neutral color is chalky and barely shows up at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I purchased Misfit simply because of the amazing teal colour! The eyeshadow itself if very very very pigmented, I used my MAC 239 to apply it and blend it out using my MAC 217. At first I was pretty scared this will stain my white brushes, but it's all good , the colour came out in the wash. The beige side isn't great to be honest, I tried to use it on my eyes as a base colour and I could barely see it on my NC20 - NC25 skin tone, it was also rather chalky and not pigmented at all. But like I already mentioned, the whole purpose of purchasing Misfit is for the green colour, it is a must have for dark brown eye girls like myself!. When I pan on this I will def repurchase (or if it ever becoms discontinued I will stock up for sure)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bff

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this duo, even though i usually stick to neutrals. i find the aqua/green side very wearable and blendable, while still being pigmented. the ivory side is only OK, it doesn't really do much for me, but its not horrible either.

i'm NW15 and my favorite ways to wear misfit are: 1. aqua on the lid, mac samoa silk in the crease, ivory side for highlighting and lower lashline, black liner; 2. ivory side all over upper lid (lash to brow), BB naked in crease very lightly, aqua/green side on lower lashline, tightline upper waterline w/black, some bright aqua on lower waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cherrystarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up alongside the Rated R duo. I had seen the colour used before in a youTube tutorial and was instantly a sucker for the dark green. I was also glad to get a great neutral beige colour, which I often use now to blend out any harsh edges on my shadows along the crease of my eye. I am definitely more impressed with the green however, and love to pair it with the green-yellow in the Rated R duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by jly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This peacock green looked absolutely (and surprisingly) stunning on my olive skin. However faint and weak the ivory that it comes with is, the green/emerald/teal/turquoise makes up for it. I use it during the day, I use it for clubbing, this colour is simply perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I always thought the green on this looked really pretty. There were several times when I almost bought it... but I didn't because the reviews always called this shade "more teal than emerald" and I already have Urban Decay's "Flipside" and didn't want another teal.

Today I was at Sephora and I was in the "stick my fingers in all the eyeshadow" mindset and once again I found myself looking at Misfit. I "swatched" the green shade and I immediately fell in love with the texture. I had to get it. The color payoff is wonderful and the texture is unbelievably velvety. The odd part - to me, it DOES look like an "emerald" color. Maybe with a hint of blue, but not enough that I would call it teal. It definitely is not a grass green - it's more like a forest green that's less yellow and more blue. Again, I think "emerald" is a good description.

As for the neutral shade with it that others don't like - it definitely does not have the same velvety texture as the green, but I still like it for a very sheer, natural color with a nice shimmer to keep it from being boring. I am very pale and the neutral shade is very close to my skin tone. The neutral shade will be an excellent base color for me when I'm going for subtle eyeshadow (not often, but once in a while!).

As with the Rated R duo, these are two shades that I like each of for different reasons and probably will not wear together. I personally think Misfit is nicer than Rated R, and I love Rated R.