July 31, 2014 | 937 users online

Liquid - The Body Shop - Oil-Free Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Mixed feelings about this foundation!
I'm a NC37/NW25 - the shade that I got is in 03.

Pros:
+ Comes with a pump (easier to control amt of makeup)
+ Gives medium - full coverage
+ Able to last more than 8 hours!
+ Does not oxidise
+ Packing is very sleek and simple
+ Oil-free foundation (i have oily skin, this will not leave your skin look horribly shiny!)

Cons:
- Consistency is too thick in my opinion. Feels almost like a mousse, and nothing like liquid foundation.
- Hard to blend. I use Taiwan brand 1028 Maestro foundation brush (similar to Shiseido's slanted foundation brush) to buff the product in and I find that you really have to keep going in circular motions to make sure that the product is buffed into your skin and not leave streaks on your face.
- Do not even consider damping a sponge to blend the product out. Tried it once, the foundation literally just came off and disappeared, I had to re-pump and reapply the product again.

Method of application:
Because the consistency was so thick, I had to spritz some water onto the foundation to kind of dampen it before applying it to my face. I found it easier to blend instead.

Despite this, my skin did not feel extremely shiny on my t-zone area (where usually the oil appears). I did not feel the need to blot my face either!

Overall conclusion: I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy this product again even though packaging is great, the only drawback which annoys me is the consistency of the foundation - it's just too thick for my own use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by danafranuby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very mixed feelings about this foundation. At the time I purchased this, a lot of my friends were going "natural products", and swore by this foundation. It certainly is oil free and sits lightly on the skin, and because of that it falls short, in my opinion. It brushes off onto everything it comes in contact with very easily, so try not to hug people or wear clothing items that sit near to your face. This product is not waterproof, in fact, all it needs are a few mere droplets of water and it will come trickling down and off your face.

Despite all of this, I have not thrown this product away. I appreciate its natural ingredient composition and the fact that it's so light in texture, your pores can still breathe. The color pigmentation is fairly rich and I'd place it at a light to medium (certainly not full) mode of coverage. Since the pigment is so rich, I actually mix this foundation with my moisturiser to try and dull the color, before application. It definitely gives off an even skin tone throughout and works best when set with a mineral powder. It does have a very matte finish that ends up appearing dewy, by the end of the day. The foundation does not last the whole day, whether that is because I have oily skin or the product is simply not meant to be long lasting, I'm not sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the body shop! they had a big sale with cosmetics so naturally, I couldn't resist...this is usually $23 bucks and I got it for just $5 with the sale. I like the way it applies, its smooth and gives very decent coverage and hasn't broken me out. and having oily skin, Needless to say I appreciate that its oil free. overall for the price I paid i believe it's a good foundation but to be honest I wouldn't pay full price for it. Only gripe aside its high original price? the shades are not very versatile. you have to take a while to find the right one...if you can even manage to.. hence why I just gave it a 3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I picked up shade 08 for on sale for $5 (from $23) at The Body Shop in my local mall. I bought it because I figured for $5, it couldn't hurt to try; if I wound up not liking it, it wouldn't be too much money lost/wasted. I was surprised by how much I love this makeup! It's one of my favourite foundations & I wear it pretty often. I'm all for foundations that have SPF & are oil-free. Shade 08 is perfect for me; I always appreciate foundation lines that actually have selection for dark/black skin.

I do wear this somewhat frequently, but not daily. It's a little heavy for everyday wear. I use it when I have "ugly days" because of its great coverage & thick formula. If you have acne scars or discoloration, that won't be a problem. I'm not exaggerating... I don't have to use concealer! When I tested it in the store, I tried 07 on my wrist & even though it was too light, it almost completely covered my tattoo. Even though this is a full coverage foundation, it feels light. This foundation sets mostly matte which I like because I have oily skin. This didn't melt off my face like most other foundations do. Not that this has anything to do with the quality of the foundation, but it does have subtle shimmer in it & anyone who knows me knows I love shimmer/body glitter haha It's a cute, fun look.

I've found this foundation is best applied with & a damp beauty blender - it helps it go on smooth. A little goes a long way & one pump (yes, it has a pump!) is enough for to cover my whole face. Because of the formula, it does dry quickly so I apply it in sections instead of dabbing & then blending. If you're looking for a matte, full coverage foundation, this is it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was wondering around the Body Shop as I do occasionally (I work in a mall) and saw this foundation for $5. So I thought I'd give it a try. BIG MISTAKE! This was an epic fail for me. Honestly, I don't have a single positive thing to say about this foundation. Except that I'm glad it only cost me $5.

First, the color was way off. I purchased this in shade 3. Shade 4 was too orange and shade 2 was too light. But this shade didn't work for me at all. It was way too yellow.

Second, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face as the result of a genetic disease. This foundation did absolutely NOTHING in terms of improving the flaws on my face. The only thing it did was sink into them and make them even more noticeable. Definitely not attractive.

Third, this foundation is extremely thick. In my opinion, it's more of a cream than a liquid. It is also extremely hard to blend. It never really absorbed into my skin, it just kind of sat on top. Even though it's so thick, the coverage isn't that great. It also felt very greasy and heavy on my face.

Lastly, this foundation is not buildable at all. Trying to add more than one layer makes it look cakey and really unnatural. This might be perfect for someone with pretty flawless skin who doesn't have much to cover up. But if you have any type of blemish or flaw on your face, stay far away. I wouldn't recommend this.

In the end, I ended up washing it off shortly after applying it tossing it in the garbage. But at least I didn't pay the regular price of $22. Definitely not worth that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by steffyashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this foundation some times ago (and I still have a lot of it), but it's not a terrible product.

I like that:
1. It does not breakout my skin. I think the reason they call it oil-free is because the product itself does not contain oil, which in result causes zero breakout for me! :)

2. The pump. I love the pump. Hygienic and dispense just the right amount.

3. Non-streaky. Just put it on with a foundation brush and it's not streaky. The coverage is also not bad. It erases most redness, but will not cover your darker acne scars etc. You will need extra concealer for that.

I don't like that:
1. It's a little flaky on the drier parts of my skin. I guess that's to be expected of an oil-free foundation, though. I try to counter this by putting moisturizer on the dry parts, which did not work very well, sadly. It clings to peel-off skins too.

Overall:
A decent foundation in a good packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Kipperoo453

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Colour match is good but it streaks like crazy and doesn't have good staying power at all :( I'm annoyed because it was expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by minax128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, my local store happened to have my shade on sale and I thought I'd try it out. BIG MISTAKE. I put it on at around 9am using my fingers and tried to blend with a brush, and thought it looked "okay". A few hours later I caught a glance of my face in a dressing room mirror and was horrified. My forehead was cakey and flakey, I could see the pigments on my nose and cheeks and it just looked plain awful. I promptly returned it and got something less sucky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

Pros:-
pump dispenser
simple, light weight for travels
does cover my pores
provides medium to heavy coverage
staying power in hot humid weather is just meh...

Cons:-
not oil free as claimed. Not even matte. I looked oily after a few hours
expensive
limited colors

Im kinda of an in- between when it comes to color, so i had to mix 2 colors to blend. I wished it came it more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

Tried this on today before work.
It is quite terrible.. I mixed it with sephora's primer and it had quite a nice texture to it but it does smell quite strong (something which can be overlooked) and omg it has practically zero staying power. When i try and wipe my face or touch it with my hands, it comes off like nobody's business. Also it left some white streaks?

I will probably try it again, once with primer applied beforehand and once more without primer. If that still doesn't work i will probably throw it away :(

ALSO. it enlarges pores as the foundation settles into it. OH GOD