The Body Shop Oil-Free Foundation

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/2/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I apply this foundation with a beauty blender in order to get the best results. I have to layer it in order to build the coverage I like but other than that it's perfect. I use the shade 02 and it's perfect for me, despite being very pale and having a tough time finding a foundation that matches. I'm not sure if there is a lighter shade. Great price, great packaging and my favourite foundation, so far!

on 1/27/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Do Not Buy It!
I saw it on sale, and i bought it, HUGE MISTAKE!
there is not a lot of choice on the color, and the color shows up really sheer on the cheek
No, its not made for oily skin.
I bought it hoping it could stay on my face for all day long! NO!
If you ever saw this product, just stay away from it!!!

on 5/29/2014 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Mixed feelings about this foundation!
I'm a NC37/NW25 - the shade that I got is in 03.

+ Comes with a pump (easier to control amt of makeup)
+ Gives medium - full coverage
+ Able to last more than 8 hours!
+ Does not oxidise
+ Packing is very sleek and simple
+ Oil-free foundation (i have oily skin, this will not leave your skin look horribly shiny!)

- Consistency is too thick in my opinion. Feels almost like a mousse, and nothing like liquid foundation.
- Hard to blend. I use Taiwan brand 1028 Maestro foundation brush (similar to Shiseido's slanted foundation brush) to buff the product in and I find that you really have to keep going in circular motions to make sure that the product is buffed into your skin and not leave streaks on your face.
- Do not even consider damping a sponge to blend the product out. Tried it once, the foundation literally just came off and disappeared, I had to re-pump and reapply the product again.

Method of application:
Because the consistency was so thick, I had to spritz some water onto the foundation to kind of dampen it before applying it to my face. I found it easier to blend instead.

Despite this, my skin did not feel extremely shiny on my t-zone area (where usually the oil appears). I did not feel the need to blot my face either!

Overall conclusion: I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy this product again even though packaging is great, the only drawback which annoys me is the consistency of the foundation - it's just too thick for my own use.

on 5/17/2014 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this foundation. At the time I purchased this, a lot of my friends were going "natural products", and swore by this foundation. It certainly is oil free and sits lightly on the skin, and because of that it falls short, in my opinion. It brushes off onto everything it comes in contact with very easily, so try not to hug people or wear clothing items that sit near to your face. This product is not waterproof, in fact, all it needs are a few mere droplets of water and it will come trickling down and off your face.

Despite all of this, I have not thrown this product away. I appreciate its natural ingredient composition and the fact that it's so light in texture, your pores can still breathe. The color pigmentation is fairly rich and I'd place it at a light to medium (certainly not full) mode of coverage. Since the pigment is so rich, I actually mix this foundation with my moisturiser to try and dull the color, before application. It definitely gives off an even skin tone throughout and works best when set with a mineral powder. It does have a very matte finish that ends up appearing dewy, by the end of the day. The foundation does not last the whole day, whether that is because I have oily skin or the product is simply not meant to be long lasting, I'm not sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the body shop! they had a big sale with cosmetics so naturally, I couldn't resist...this is usually $23 bucks and I got it for just $5 with the sale. I like the way it applies, its smooth and gives very decent coverage and hasn't broken me out. and having oily skin, Needless to say I appreciate that its oil free. overall for the price I paid i believe it's a good foundation but to be honest I wouldn't pay full price for it. Only gripe aside its high original price? the shades are not very versatile. you have to take a while to find the right one...if you can even manage to.. hence why I just gave it a 3

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought The Body Shop Oil-Free Foundation SPF 15 in the Shade 08, which I believe is the darkest shade offered. I tested Shade 07 in the store & it was too light. I'm new to both The Body Shop & its makeup, so I was surprised & happy by how much I like this foundation. It's actually one of my very favorite foundations & I wear it often since it's basically perfect—it's oil-free, it has a high SPF, offers more coverage, & there are shades for dark/back skin!

Like I said, I wear this often, but not daily. It's a little heavy for everyday wear. When I'm having an ugly or hormonal day, this is when I use because of its great coverage & thick formula. I have acne scars & discoloration, & all that is covered easily. I'm not exaggerating, I don't have to use a concealer if I don't want to. When I tested it in the store, the tattoo on my wrist was almost completely covered. This is best applied with a damp beautyblender—that helps it go on smooth. A little goes a long way & one pump (yes, it has a pump!) is enough to cover my entire face. I only make up one section of my face at a time because this dries quickly due to its formula.

This is a thick, full-coverage, matte foundation, but it feels light. It isn't as matte as I'd like, but it's nice anyway. I like the finish because I have oily skin & a hard time with most liquid foundation makeups… this didn't melt off my face, unlike most others. Not that this has anything to do with the quality, but it has a subtle shimmer in it, & anyone who knows me knows I love shimmer/body glitter. It's a cute, fun look that looks good in natural or sunlight. If you need a full coverage matte foundation, I recommend this product. On a random note, I bought it on sale for $5 from $23 so it may be being discontinued or reformulated. It was more than 20% off though!

on 1/21/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was wondering around the Body Shop as I do occasionally (I work in a mall) and saw this foundation for $5. So I thought I'd give it a try. BIG MISTAKE! This was an epic fail for me. Honestly, I don't have a single positive thing to say about this foundation. Except that I'm glad it only cost me $5.

First, the color was way off. I purchased this in shade 3. Shade 4 was too orange and shade 2 was too light. But this shade didn't work for me at all. It was way too yellow.

Second, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face as the result of a genetic disease. This foundation did absolutely NOTHING in terms of improving the flaws on my face. The only thing it did was sink into them and make them even more noticeable. Definitely not attractive.

Third, this foundation is extremely thick. In my opinion, it's more of a cream than a liquid. It is also extremely hard to blend. It never really absorbed into my skin, it just kind of sat on top. Even though it's so thick, the coverage isn't that great. It also felt very greasy and heavy on my face.

Lastly, this foundation is not buildable at all. Trying to add more than one layer makes it look cakey and really unnatural. This might be perfect for someone with pretty flawless skin who doesn't have much to cover up. But if you have any type of blemish or flaw on your face, stay far away. I wouldn't recommend this.

In the end, I ended up washing it off shortly after applying it tossing it in the garbage. But at least I didn't pay the regular price of $22. Definitely not worth that.

on 1/14/2014 8:26:00 AM

I bought this foundation some times ago (and I still have a lot of it), but it's not a terrible product.

I like that:
1. It does not breakout my skin. I think the reason they call it oil-free is because the product itself does not contain oil, which in result causes zero breakout for me! :)

2. The pump. I love the pump. Hygienic and dispense just the right amount.

3. Non-streaky. Just put it on with a foundation brush and it's not streaky. The coverage is also not bad. It erases most redness, but will not cover your darker acne scars etc. You will need extra concealer for that.

I don't like that:
1. It's a little flaky on the drier parts of my skin. I guess that's to be expected of an oil-free foundation, though. I try to counter this by putting moisturizer on the dry parts, which did not work very well, sadly. It clings to peel-off skins too.

A decent foundation in a good packaging.

on 1/5/2014 3:28:00 AM

Colour match is good but it streaks like crazy and doesn't have good staying power at all :( I'm annoyed because it was expensive

on 12/30/2013 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So, my local store happened to have my shade on sale and I thought I'd try it out. BIG MISTAKE. I put it on at around 9am using my fingers and tried to blend with a brush, and thought it looked "okay". A few hours later I caught a glance of my face in a dressing room mirror and was horrified. My forehead was cakey and flakey, I could see the pigments on my nose and cheeks and it just looked plain awful. I promptly returned it and got something less sucky.