Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 5/25/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this in medium to use in place of liquids for the humid summer months. I like that this gives light translucent coverage but still evens out my skin. If I need more coverage or have gotten some sun I can apply this over a TM in a slightly deeper shade. I've had no issues with oxidation or breakouts either. I do find that this works best over both a primer or in my case my Missha sunscreen that acts like a primer and a light dusting of silica powder to help prevent shine. This is not glittery or shiney but does give a soft glow that could emphasize oil breakthrough.The compact it comes in is not bulky and is convenient to carry in my purse for late day touch ups. This is pricey at around $32 and I'm not sure how long this compact will last so I'm undecided about buying this again but like it so far.

on 4/22/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I could live without the talc in it. Find it light in coverage. does help blur pores and redness. Main reason it is still in my drawer. Being mature age bb cream with balance and brighten works better than foundations for me. I thinks less in more other wise it settles and creases.. On a good skin day use this alone actually I think it performs better than way but it is less coverage. My skin is sensitive and dry and prone to break outs. I use with caution. like it but don't love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This powder is amazing for setting my foundation (I use Revlon colorstay) I like a full coverage look because I have terrible skin.. I do however, have a few issues with this powder. I've noticed that when I use it recently, I have tiny pink dots on my skin that almost looks like flakes of blush. I stopped using it, and switched to my physicians formula CC powder, and the spots were gone. I'm not really sure if anyone else has had this issue, but for $38 dollars I expected better.

The packaging is simple, a little compact with a tiny mirror when you open it up, and there is a lot of product. The best thing about this baked foundation is the amount of product you get, I have been using this since December and it is now April, I am not half way finished yet.

It's okay I guess, I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/15/2015 11:07:00 PM

I love this product. I use it as a setting powder for my concealer; and I love the way my skin looks when I'm done with my makeup application. It actually works really well by itself as well. It's pretty pricey but I love it!!

I like this but I don't love it. It is great for days when I don't have a lot of time or need a lot of coverage. But I noticed it makes my lines and imperfections stand out :( Also I feel like a lot of product is wasted and it's not cheap

on 1/14/2015 2:38:00 PM

This is great for people who don't like foundation. This evens skin really nicely without the feeling of a foundation. It doesn't have as much coverage as I prefer, but it's worked nicely for people I know who do not like wearing makeup. Way better than bare minerals.

on 12/30/2014 9:51:00 AM

I use this in a color darker than my face as bronzer and I have been obsessed with it literally for about 5 years. It is the only thing I use. Doesnt make me look orange or fake-tan. Lasts all day and never cakes. LOVE this.

on 10/26/2014 12:14:00 PM

This is an awful product. I bought a cheaper type but seam idea and it was bril. So I thought because this cost more it would be better. Big mistake
I wear medium in Daniel Sandell and Bobbi Brown so of course I order medium, it was far to dark so I order fair because I don't like being too pale. Still a bit too dark but I thought I may be need to give it time. No I hate it my skin feels dry even though I wear the Sparkle primer on first.
I will order the mineral magic again it was soo much better

on 7/29/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this in Fair and Medium (summer requires a darker shade) and it's just OK on its own. I find the staying powder is minimal even with primer. I use it as finishing powder over BB cream. Adds a hint of shimmer...not too much...I guess that's where the "brightening" part comes into play. I don't play on repurchasing, just finishing up what I have.

on 7/24/2014 1:10:00 AM

This foundation is just okay. It has an orangish hue which doesn't quite match my skin tone and I think it gets oranger throughout the day...it also doesn't noticeably brighten my skin, it seems to actually do the opposite. I like pur minerals foundation a lot better than this stuff. But like I said, it's not terrible. It's just expensive and kind of a let down.