October 2, 2014 | 1730 users online

Blush - NARS - Taos

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Lovely shade that's surprisingly flattering and wearable. Described as a "desert rose with shimmer", I suppose that's pretty accurate. I think the gold shimmer is what really makes this more wearable than you'd think. I wore it with a cool toned gray eye and lip today and my hubby keeps complimenting me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I was lusting over Taos every time I passed the NARS counter. I never had the courage to buy or try it since it was highly recommended for darker skintones. As a NC25 girl with dark brown eyes and black hair, I'm here to tell you all that it is GORGEOUS.

I do own 10 other blushes from NARS, and I have *tried* on many other shades. I truly do think this is a unique color even if other colors from the NARS line fall in a similar category. NARS' description of the blush may be accurate. If I were to get more specific though, I'd say it's a bright red with a small dose of pink & golden shimmer. Torrid is lighter, and no where near as red. Exhibit A is matte and a lot more red/orange. Outlaw is pinker. Liberte is more rusty. Lastly, Taos is suuuuuper pigmented, so I am sure it'll last me a very very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a beautiful color! It looks darker in the packaging to me as it comes off as a warm deep burnt peach/rose on my complexion. It looks like I blushed - and that's what I want a natural warmth to my face. It looks more rose/red in the package than it does on my face.

It's about a shade darker than Mac's Amberling Rose on my coloring. I also think this would look amazing on someone from golden, tan, and golden brown complexions. I'm a NC45 for reference. This is my first NARS blush, but I have to say I find it superior to MAC in terms of blending. The powder is softer and blends immediately on the skin. It's more pigmented as well so just a little is needed. Staying power is very good. It stayed on about 6 hours and I have oily skin.

Pricey, will be worn often, but I wouldn't mind a good quality dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by marivaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely color and the quality of nars' blush. Last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by EyesCUSharon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It applies smoothly and the color is great on my deep tan/brown skin. So why did I give it only 4 stars. It's difficult to explain. With Fall coming around, this will definitely be one of my go-to blushes. However, it is a little overly pigmented. It blends down easily on me, but if it applies this immediately on me, it's bound to require a deft, gentle hand from at least 2/3 the population.

The color payoff is definitely on the upper end of the scale. The color is gorgeous for deep skin colors like mine or darker. Medium skinned individuals will appreciate it with a very light touch. My NC10-25 friends: you may want to just admire this one from afar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

This is a beautiful shade of peach with gold glitter. It blends in very well and the gold shimmer looks very lovely on the skin. It looks lovely on my skin tone both light and tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received taos today, this blush is a lovely earthy red coral that is extremely pigmented. The tiniest bit will go a long way. I am a mac NC 42 and I really had to blend this out in order for it to appear natural. I think this would look amazing on darker skin tones especially if you have strong golden undertones. I've only used this once and I really liked the outcome.I was going for a beachy golden goddess look today. I used wet n wild goddess bronzer dusted over my forehead, nose and as a contour. This adds a bit of golden color to my face and blends in well with my complexion. I dusted taos over it. I used a dab of revlon lip butter in berry smoothie and the kissable balm in honey over it. The completed look was exceptional, I looked bronzey but natural and taos added a nice color to my face and blended very well with the wet n wild goddess. This blush is very long wearing. I would stay away from it if you are a lighter skin tone. I really wish I was a bit darker because it looks amazing on darker skin. I tried it on my mom whose about nc 44 and it was beautiful on her.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by underage

Previous reviews describe this as a red color but I definitely think it is more of a peachy/coral. In my opinion this is a more pigmented version of Orgasm. I have fair skin and this looks great. It's perfect when you are wearing a heavy eye and only want a subtle glow. Very expensive but worth it because you use so little each time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Rkbxt9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a heavily pigmented blush so be warned while applying...use a light hand and dust gently over cheekbones. I am a tan/olive skinned/NC40 complexion and believe that the brick-red color complements tan/darker skin tones. It has a shimmer to it but does not appear garish in bright lighting.

Other than that, NARS blushes are very high quality and last you a long time! The blushes are very pricey but quite worth the investment as these shades are unique. The packaging is pristine and high-end with a good quality mirror inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hyacinth289

very long lasting, make me wanna invest in nars blushes since this was a gift from a friend.
this particular shade is not a fav of mine, i do like it. Might buy some other shades.