July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Loose Powders - By Terry - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I use this to set my Light Expert foundation. I love how this wears with it. Doesn't cake, settle into lines or pores or separate on my skin. Gives almost an airbrushed effect.

I've had trouble finding a loose powder that worked for me generally, I've tried Prescriptives, NARS, MAC. Only complaint I have re: this is the packaging. I find that I tend to spill the powder when I decant some in the lid to apply with brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a shame!
This powder made my skin look absolutely beautiful....everyone told me I was glowing. how excited I was until, a week later....when I realised this powder was breaking me out.
Have had to stop using it! Use with EXTREME caution if you have sensitive skin, like me. Talc is the main ingredient, and I have found that it is actually an irritant (which is why mineral foundations also break me out. Don't believe the hype!)
I am now getting good results with the Creme De La Mer loose powder. It's been 3 weeks, and so far no break-outs. Fingers x-ed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I think it is the best loose powder I tried. It sets makeup perfectly and does not leave any glittery or chalky look. Also no irritation or breakout from this product. I use cream vanilla and although it looks very peachy in the container, it matches/brightens up my LLL/FFF skintone. By terry products are very expensive, but I am very impressed with their quality. **Edit Nov** I still like this powder very much but I prefer By Terry pressed powder (HG), which I think gives a bit more satiny-velvety finish. And also the shade cream vanilla is too peach in natural light (looks nice in evenings, though).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by miranets

Skin conditions - oily, pores, redness, sensitive

The packaging of this means you have to decant into another suitable container before use. It does fill out quite a lot, so despite feeling incredibly ripped off for paying over $100 for a small jar of powder it fills into a container which one would say that it was quite good value for money!

Same scent as the enhancer, a lovely smoky musk which is not overwhelming. The texture is superb, up there with La Mer/CdP/Laura Mercier. It is another powder which is based on super refined talc/silicone/acetate ingredients. Coverage is sheer, as it should only be used for enhancing purposes. I have this in #4 banane. I am always on the look out for good quality yellow based powders as most European peach/beige tones do not suit my skin at all.

There are sheer shimmers which create luminance but not sheen, one issue I have is that these shimmers are still visible on the skin even after cleansing and a mask. They are mostly gone by the next day. I usually have sensitivities to talc based powders which results in slight itching and discomfort which can last all day. Surprising BT products do not cause this at all. This powder also has excellent oil control which is not expected from talc based products. I have used this only with a silk/rice powder - normally I'd expect oil breakthrough by mid afternoon with La Mer/Laura Mercier, but I did not blot for the entire day with this on top.

For reference, the ingredients talc, magnesium myristate, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, zinc stearate, isopropyl isostearate, cetyl acetate, cetrimonium bromide, parfum, acetylated lanolin alcohol, methyl paraben. may contain CI 77019 mica, CI 7891 titanium dioxide, CI 77491 iron oxide, CI 77492 iron oxide, CI 77499 iron oxide, CI 16035 FD&C red N40 aluminium lake, CI 770007 ultramarines, CI 19140:1 (FD&C yellow N5 aluminium lake, CI 45410:2 D7C red N28 aluminium lake, CI 77742 manganese violet, CI 77120 barium sulfate, myristic acid.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by defaultopt

I love this powder after trying one a few other brands, this is the best I ever had... Powder is very light & easy to apply. Set well on my skin, giving a glowy & healthy look that last me the whole day! I even applied it around my eyes & fine lines seems to have been minimized. I'm amazed with the product. But It's rather costly though, & product doesn't come with any applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by babygenius

very nice loose powder, good oil control and leave you the perfect skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I am reviewing these in shades #2, Morning Rose and #3, Midnight Mauve. The Morning Rose is a loose light pink powder, really brightens up my skin tone. Shade #3 is a light mauve colour, works well on my PPP skin tone, skin looks more luminous and porcelain. Very nice, (colors look bright in the container, but do not apply that way, very subtle).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in shade #1, Moon White. This is a loose translucent white powder, comes in a shaker like container. Gives a soft, matte finish. Works well on my skin tone (PPP), not sure if it would work on darker skin tones though.