August 28, 2014 | 1461 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Juicy Wear - Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this red. It's almost the best red I've found for me. However, I don't care for the formula as much. It seems a little flaky and doesn't always go on evenly, but it does last for most of the day and doesn't come off. The gloss is great. It seems to be the same formula as a Juicy Tube, and it's clear with glitter in it. It does look like a a juicy candy apple on me, too! I have another Juicy Tube in a caramel shade, and it also looks divine over the lipstick, like a caramel apple! If I want red lips, this is what I usually reach for, since it is the best red color I've found so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hilaryblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!

I am so baffled by these good reviews.

I've tried many of the lipstains out there and this one was by far the worst. Whether my lips were exfoliated or not, it dried out so much and started flaking off in patches and looked disgusting. and if you use any other gloss than the one it comes with, like a lip balm, it seperated it and becomes even more disgusting.

never try kissing someone with this sh!t on. trust me. -__-

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Myrtille

This lipcolor comes in a small, slim, shiny tube. It's excellent on space-saving in the purse. It has a top coat, which is clear and glittery.
It's true candy-apple red on me, as I have faitly-light golden skin, and looks like a deep jewel red on my co-worker, who has BE 2.3 skin. It lasts ALL DAY and will not come off on you-know-who after a smooch or two, much to their surprise! A great product, just what I was looking for! Now they need a matching liner with the same wearability!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by JAmy590

This lipstick really lasts and does not dry out my lips. It is a pretty bright red. I love the packaging and the fact that the gloss it comes with has glitters in it. I would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Pixye1

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! I am a juicy wear addict and, for the first time, I can wear bright red lipstick without worrying where it'll end up! Candy Apple is a bright red that has orangey undertones. I also mix this color with another juicy wear color chestnut fantasy to get a more subdued brownish red color.....I love this lipstick it's really versatile and it stays without drying your lips out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff LASTS. I picked it up simply as an impulse buy because I wanted the purchase-with-purchase item (and my Fiance has often mentioned the picture in the ad-campaign). The color is a nice red with a subtle orange undertone. It applies super-smoothly and sets very quickly. The glossy top coat is gorgeous! I applied at 5:30am and at 5pm it was still going strong after only a couple of re-applications of the gloss. This stuff came off when I *wiped* it off using my napkin (eating a burger)... it lasted through my "knife-and-fork" breakfast and lunch as well as all of my beverages during the day.

Great product - I'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2004 7:52:00 PM More reviews by miribre

This is the first lipstick that has staying power and feels great on your lips. You don't have that drying, flaking and burning effect that comes along with other longwearing lipsticks. I checked out other brands but Lancome's lipstick is by far the best. Candy apple is perfect brick red. It is really worth the money. Would definitely buy again. Maybe I should check out the other colors....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my second Juicy Wear. :) This goes on me a rich red with an orange base. It is not a blue based red. However, I was told by a MAC MA that orange based reds look great on Asians! I love this shade and the performance of this lipstick. Finally a red lipstick that I don't have to worry about smearing all over my face and ending up on my teeth. If you can get only one, get the Candy Apple! It's literally a miracle and I don't know why they didn't come out with this sooner! LOL! I will be buying more and hopefully Lancome will have a greater range of colors.

~*~*UPDATE*~*~ I wore this while working out and eating afterwards and the color STILL stayed on beautifully and didn't feel dry at all; no flaking! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am usually kind of eh.. about Lancome products. This one, though, wow! This is the first longwear lip color I've ever used that didn't get weird and flakey, look dry, or balled up on my lips. It applies smoothly, sets in one minute and the accompanying gloss seals it and adds a nice, non-sticky shine. No strange taste or fragrance, and no tingling sensation from the sealer. It fades away evenly and leaves a nice stain. Held up well to eating and drinking. I love it!
The Candy Apple color is a true red and very flattering. It's great to be able to wear a rich red and not worry that it's all over your teeth! I love red lipsticks and this one is a great one. Lancome has earned 5 lippies for this product. Even with the $25 price tag, worth the cost. I'd love another of the colors or two .. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 5:57:00 PM More reviews by terir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not only does it wear incredibly well (both the lip color and the gloss stayed on through a few trial meals) but it fades beautifully. None of the balling, chipping, or flaking, and no weird, unremovable ring around the mouth.

Plus, it is an amazing true red that looks awesome on my PPP skin and, no yellow looking teeth ;) Fades to a gorgeous red stain. A tiny amount of the gloss goes a long way and it stays on very well for a gloss.

I wouldn't imagine i would pay $25 for a lipstick but this is one that is worth it - i have been looking for the perfect red forever.