August 1, 2014 | 931 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash (Curved Wand)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by octaviav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Convinced by quite good rating of 3.8 and really low price I decided to try it.

I must say I am very dissapointed.

- It smuges a lot... When you apply it it takes a few minutes to dry and if you are not careful you will end up with panda eyes. Also I dont think it ever dries out completly... even after few hours its very easy to smudge it.

- The effect is really weak. It makes lashes longer, but not thicker at all!

- It clumps soooo much! If you apply few coates, you will end up with few thick lashes on each eye.

The effect is much worse than of other mascaras in this price range. Even 2-3 pound MUA mascaras are better.

Overall I would never buy again. Waste of money. I regret buying it. I would pay 5 quid more and have a really decent Bourjois mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by phillipalouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As this was the cheapest mascara I could find, I wasn't expecting great things from it but I was so wrong! This is one of the best I have EVER used. I used Max Factor for years and found that it dried out so quickly despite the price. This mascara on the other hand, I can use for the whole life shelf of it and it doesn't dry out or go clumpy!

I have really thick and long lashes anyway but this mascara makes them twice as much so. The curved brush gets every little eyelash, it's also really easy to build up. It doesn't slide off onto my face and it doesn't go bitty and flake off, bearing in mind I wear my makeup for at least 12 hours a day!

Personally, I love this mascara and have bought tube after tube for the past 2-3 years! I've read a lot of bad reviews on this mascara but for me it's been one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Spunkette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara! I don't believe you have to spend big bucks on big brands for a mascara. The high street brands can do just the same job, and they're all made out of the same factory anyway! This mascara really does extend and enhance your lashes, without leaving them clumpy. The curled wand gives your lashes a nice natural curl. However, I still like to use an eyelash curler with this product. It's also reasonably priced and you can buy from your local supermarket, chemist or dept store. I've been using this mascara for years and won't be changing anytime soon. Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What an unexpected favorite from Rimmel! Normally, I've steered clear of Rimmel mascaras after being totally disappointed in the Lash Accelerator line. However, I found Extra Super Lash on sale for $1.48 at Target, and figured I didn't have much to lose. I'm normally not a fan of curved brushes, but this one had just the right amount of curve that hugged my lashes. The formula (unlike Lash Accelerator) is the perfect balance between wet and dry. I could add multiple coats and it still wouldn't clump on me. I hope they're not discontinuing this because I'm pleasantly surprised with this and will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honestly this mascara just didn't work for me, so I was surprised it got such high reviews. It kind of reminds me maybelline big lash, very wet, takes forever to build up, and takes a long time to dry. It doesn't create much volume or length.it does not give me raccoon eyes, which is probably it's only pro, but it does clump when you try to build up any volume or length. I think if you just want mascara for a quick swipe of darker color, then it works. But it does not enhance my lashes in any other way. It's very cheap, but I will not by again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MeeraBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara has one of my favourite curved wands, right next to Lancome Virtuose.

Pros:
* The wand separates and curves the lashes beautifully.
* Doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras (ex. Virtuose)
* Dirt cheap - I restock through asos.com

Cons:
* The formula is very thin, so it requires many layers to get voluminous lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Coco1120

This is one of the best mascaras, if not THE BEST mascara I've ever used! Dare I say...even better than my Clinique :O
This brush coats all my lashes with the mascara making them long and voluminous AND holds the curl of my eyelash curler! This is the first Rimmel mascara I've tried and I am very happy and surprised. I will continue to buy this as long as I can find it online. I bought it on sale from ASOS for just under $6, which is unbelievable considering how well it works for me! (I'm from Australia and most "drugstore" mascaras cost over $15)
It does not flake or clump!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's not a bad mascara that is cheap and does it's job.

PROS
-separates and defines lashes quite well (good brush
-adds an adequate amount of volume and length
-not irritating
-it's quite a good brush
-washes off quite easily

CONS
-clumps a little
-not really good for re-application

COMPARISON (using other popular mascaras)

maybelline Great Lash < rimmel Extra Super Lash < maybelline FALSIES

I'm personally annoyed by the clumps and flakes but if I'm careful, I can make almost no clumps.
If you are just starting to wear mascaras, and don't have much money, this may be o.k for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Kassy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

IM INLOVE WITH THIS MASCARA! for a drugstore product it works amazingg! When you first apply it, it looks like a normal mascara but... keep coating it and you will see a huge difference. this product really makes me get that voluminous flirty eye effect as well as length!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

I like Superlash mascara and tend to re-buy it. I've found it to be the best of the drug-store, cheapie mascara bunch, out of the few that I've tried anyway.

A lot of cheap mascaras just give you a few thin straggly lashes all clumped together, but Superlash does a reasonable job to separate and thicken lashes and I find the curved brush one even easier to apply.

Not as good as high-end mascaras but for 5, does a good job! However, after using this all the time lately and then using an Estee Lauder mascara today, I could really tell the difference in quality.

Verdict: good and serviceable cheap, everyday mascara