September 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Gentle Cover Cream Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I use this concealer in the yellow 1020 color. It isn't my daily concealer, I save it for days when I have a giant red zit or the dark circles under my eyes are out of control. It is a bit too yellow to use on less extreme blemishes, it hides dark blue and red discoloration very very well. It seems to have significant mineral content, this goes on as cream but dries pretty quickly to a matte somewhat powdery finish. And it is quite inexpensive at about 5$ per tube. I've tried the green version they make as well but have not been able to make it work, I've heard green covers red very well but unfortunately on me it still looks green even under foundation and tinted powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its okay but not spectacular. It covers okay but it does settle into creases around the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer, it is light enough for my skin, but still has that orange tint that cancels the blue in my under eye circles. It is very smooth and even though its cream, it does not budge easy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have the kind like the one below me
pros: covers BAD circles
isn't extremely drying
yellow can be hid with foundation
pretty cheap
cons: can look too yellow if you don't use foundation on top
drying if you use too much
overall its a very good product, but i wo't buy again because i want something more moisturising, it won't blend in with you skin, but make it a few shades lighter, but its still very good.
EDIT very yellow and does not last or cover well enough

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

this is a creamy, very vibrant yellow (more red yellow than green yellow), concealer in "lipstick" form. i have a lot of redness and had used other yellow concealers in the past. i loved pf's yellow cubes one, but this is nothing like it. even with my dry skin the creaminess is a flaw here. it moves around too much, didn't look right, nor natural. its not water resistant as the other is. even without comparisons, its just not a great products for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Ok - the product I have says its Gentle Cover Cream Concealer but it's not a lipstick form and made by Physicians Formula. teh container looks like a lipgloss and even the application is similar to that of a lipgloss applicator. The consistency is that of liquid eraser in green! I wasn't sure that it would work since I've never tried a green concealer before. But, it's very good! I dab a small amount on the back of my hand and use my pinky to gently pat on the any red areas...mostly around the sides of my nose and a small section under my chin. No red...it's great! Then, powder foundation and I can't believe the result. I found this at Walgreen's for six dollar and change...not so bad since I don't use a lot but will be a part of my daily routine. It dries quickly because it's not a creamy consistency...it's more more water down. It does have talc but it's the 3 ingredients from the bottom and paraben is 7th from the bottom. I checked the Safety review, it's #4 on the scale of 0-10. Not too bad. Will buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by kayyy

I'm very surprised to see such low ratings for this product. I have this in the light shade - and use it to cover minor blemishes. I think that this product is amazing. I trust physicians formula for all foundation products -- they're the only brand that does not cause my skin to break out. I would definitely repurchase this over and over again. This conceals, yet looks natural. I set this with the Physicians Formula Organic light powder. It's perfect. Would recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin, but needs a little more coverage than using powder alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by pupi12001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the green formula to cover hyperpigmentation brought on by acne. I am a woman of color and have medium brown skin with discoloration ranging from brown to red. It took multiple layers to hide the spots but this resulted in pale patches which would need to be covered up with foundation (which I don't wear--I use tinted pressed powder).

The application was even and creamy and I think women with lighter skin would be happy with this product. I'm giving this a poor rating because I'm frustrated with products that should be universal but aren't. Yet another tube of something that will go straight in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This concealer was a bit too dry around my eyes I was actually okay with the color of this product but thought it dried a bit too cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alywindsor

I bought this concealer in Light. Sadly, it creases up quickly under my eyes so I discontinued use. I now only use it occasionally when I have a small redness issue somewhere else on my face but only in a pinch.