Sephora Fleur de Sephora - Orchid

3.0

on 7/31/2004 8:23:00 PM

I like this scent a lot but I doubt I would buy it again. I initially wanted to check this out in store but my local Sephora only had 4 of Fleur de Sephora scents: Rose (too common), Lotus (slightly too green), Hibiscus (too sweet) and peony (too light). So I got this off the website since after reading the reviews on MUA deciding that Orchid was the one for me. It comes in a super-pretty translucent purple bottle, kinda shaped like a flower bulb. Orchid isn't the most complex scent: it just contains the notes Polynesian Orchid and Cardamom so it doesn't turn on you after the dry-down. What you smell at first spray is pretty much what you smell an hour later. The Orchid note is laced w/ vanilla, making it kind of heady - v. nice at nighttime but some might find it too heavy for daytime. The cardamom gives it a nice, warm spiciness, kind of musky. Still, perhaps due to its simplicity, Orchid doesn't last all that long. On me, the scent is pretty much gone after 3 hours. That's probably because it only has 2 notes but I still was expecting more staying power. Also, this has a tendency to smell a little too powdery upon first spray. Those are the only two factors that would keep me from buying this again. At $28 USD, this is a decent amount for a EDT. The packaging is cute and the price is right, but I will probably find something just as nice that lasts longer.

on 7/26/2004 1:00:00 PM

I wasn't able to try this in the store so I ordered it blind off the website. I was nicely surprised by the scent. It is powdery and flowery but not cloying and overpowering. My SO likes it and my coworkers complimented me so I'll keep it. The price is great and staying power better than most. I will definitely try more of these. (9 days later) I have reevaluated and agree that this does not last long enough, I just got the bottle and am almost 1/3 through because I have to keep reapplying. Great for young girls or someone who likes *very* light scents but I need more staying power so the price doesn't really justify the purchase if I'm going to use it so fast. Still, it's a nice scent.

Popular Fragrances