October 31, 2014 | 1547 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Premier Figuier

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Orphique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the biggest keys to what makes a great perfume, is that it is able to convey a mood, a feeling, and a sense for the person wearing it. Perfume to me is exciting, as it tells me something about the wearer, and what they want to exude.

Premier Figuier has above all, in my estimation, been a mood fragrance. Though I can't be without it and wear it every day, it carries with it a summer-in-a-bottle sea-side feeling, as well as a sensuality and femininity and freshness that I have never found elsewhere. It is exotic, eccentric, cerebral, mysterious, delicious and compelling. There is a particular note to it that takes it a step further than just a fruity, fig fragrance - it's smart and classy and haunting. I'm not sure which note that is, but it's incredible. It really is.

So far, I think I do prefer PF to PFE, as PFE is a lot woodier, and there is an understated quality to PF that I really love. That said, I think PFE may have a slighter better sillage.

This is the kind of scent a woman could be remembered for. It's not going to be found worn by everyone, yet it is classically beauty while being a little oddball. But confidently so.

It's lasting power averages depending on how much you spray. To get long-lasting wearability from PF, I spray it on select places, twice, with some time between applications, and this sees me through most of the day, though I usually cannot help but top up at lunch because the smell is so addictive and yummy.

Premier Figuier is a delight to wear, lending a woman an aura and impression that is at once comfortable but sexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

alongside with PR Dambrosia, the best fig scent in the world....very perfumy,sweetlwss, dry and woody scent that wakes the senses....
very long lasting,smells like a full blooded perfume, whereas Phylosikos smells like a wonderful....room....freshener....

10/10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Exquisite, true to life fig scent. Initially, you get dirt and rain, which is a wonderful surprise. After a few minutes it morphs into a sweet fig with true green and milk notes, smelling like a fig tree bursting with ripe fruit. After an hour, it bends more towards green and soapy with the sweet fig softer. Note: The bottle shapes are the same, but the labels have changed, much to my disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

Best fig perfume ever. Not too woody or leafy. Most fig fragrances smell like dirt on my skin, this one's smell is sweet and milky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This starts out smelling just like an actual milky, spicy fig that has been split open. Mmm, I adore the scent of fresh, ripe figs. Then after about a half hour it becomes very greenish, synthetic, and acidic, and calls to mind something unripe and bitter. It also becomes very thin and stops evolving--it just sits on my skin and says "meh".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by christinaking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been contemplating buying this fragrance for 2 years. I actually got the PF extreme and it was too flowery for me. But something very interesting happened yesterday. I went to a party...a very fun party where everyone was dancing and having an amazing time! I met this girl when i first arrived and her perfume was strong...I mean really strong. I totally understand loving silleage, I adore it, but it was ridicoulous. I had to ask her what she was wearing because it was like a pink elephant in the room that noone was talking about. She told me JPG Classique. To be fair, I have a very elegant,sophisticated, beautiful German friend that wears this, and it is exquisite on her, I'm guessing because she does not use half the bottle every time she wears it. So continuing with the story, this girl was dancing and the whole house (and it was a big house) reeked of this perfume!! Everywhere I went it was shouting. I had never experienced this before and it really turned me off. Then, alas, I went into the kitchen and thankfully it did not smell of JPG but....there was a beautiful fragrance there, and it was PF. It was not offensive or loud, but rather a soft cloud of an essence that I recognized right away. I have rarely smelt this anywhere I've been, I guess it's not very popular here. I looked around to see who could be wearing PF, but there were too may people and I could not figure out who it was. The smell was divine, beautiful, rich and lovely. And right there it hit me, what a huge difference between the loud overbearing nature of certain fragrances as opposed to others which just want to make you want to find the person wearing it and stay close to them. This convinced me that I wanted...even needed Premier Figuier! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

L'Artisan Premier Figuier begins as a luscious tart fruit, rather green,
but then woods quickly came up, which didn't work on me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by nmarinova2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing smells DISGUSTING when I first put it on. I get moldy fruit from it mostly. It must be just my chemistry because even though I'm not a coconut fan, I wouldn't mind coconut instead of the whiff of wet socks. Having said that, the dry down is very pleasant. I smells a pretty authentic fig and it would make a lovely fall scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Premier Figuier seems to fall somewhere between tart fruit, akin to citrus, and green perfumes, while offering territories of refreshment claimed by neither, an eau fraîche from another plane. But it is strange, not in the manner of Mitsouko, which smells like nothing but itself, but because it is so literal, nearing the visceral: the taste of a ripe, succulent fig, underscored by the milky sweetness of coconut milk and almond. But before Premier Figuier veers into too much literalism, it stops by the tree entire, like one of those Picasso nudes in which all the angles (and naughty bits) are exposed at once: the sap, the leaves (galbanum), the bark (sandalwood), even a hint of flowers. Though quite the individual, it's not insistent the way the Comme de Garçons are; first and foremost it makes pleasant and easy company for the day. I always think of Audrey Hepburn whenever I try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by whitecountess

Just as some people are fans of The Rolling Stones and others prefer The Beatles, there is a long-standing feud between Premier Figuier and Diptyque's Philosykos.
I come out on the side of Premier Figuier although I also own Philosykos.
I wore Premier Figuier for a few years in my early twenties as my signature scent. While there are other scents that I loved at one time that now smell somehow lesser, Figure stands the test of time and for me is the Ultimate Fig Scent. L'Artisan is wonderful perfume house, and this is some of their best work. It is gloriously sensual, and strangely intelligent and worldly. A man I was in love with at the time sat across a table from me and said his voice husky with anticipation, "I can smell you from here."
Good enough for me!