October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Body Scrubs - Dessert Beauty - Sugar Scrub - Dreamy [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THE SCENT. and i use it during summer only, when i wear skirts, i scrub my legs with this after shaving....because since it coats ur skin ur legs will seem extra smooth, plus it gives a lil sheen.
i wouldnt use this all over my body because yes it is very oily. but legs and sometimes arms and shoulders....plus the aammaaazzing smeellll...i like it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by soyday

This is the most disgusting beauty product I have ever tried, and about as poor in quality as the vocal and acting abilities of the celebrity behind the brand. The smell was ok but I couldn't really detect any coconut and the chocolate they were trying for smelled more like baked cookies. Thank GOODNESS I only paid $5 for it on clearance at my local drugstore - I think I still got ripped off! This left a nauseatingly thick layer of oily residue on my skin. My shower got so slippery from it I was afraid I was going to fall and break my neck. I was also afraid that
all the oil would cause my skin to break out. Luckily, my bathroom is a haven of skin care products and between several other scrubs, some gentle soap, and about 20 extra minutes in the shower I was able to get rid of about 95% of the residue. The lingering smell was actually ok. But this stuff blows so hard. Don't buy it no matter how hard you are tempted to do so, unless you really dislike the person you are buying it for. Either that or a person with lizard-like skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this is a horrible scrub. it does manage to get the dead skin off but after you rinse it iff, your skin feels likes it has been coated in oil. the scent is sooo good in the jar but smells very odd when i put in on my skin. i used my body wash after i washed the scrub off, so i got rid of the oily feeling and some of the horrid fragrnace. i think that this is the WORST scrub that i have ever used (and i have used tons of them).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by fififiona

I kinda liked this. It smells good and I like the sheen it leaves afterward. I would never ever pay full price for this though. TJ Maxx is carrying it for $6!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by xthevalkyriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this on sale for only 10 bucks at sephora.com, so I figured I'd try it since I've been wanting to try the Dessert skincare items for a while. The smell is OK, not as strong as I would've like but pleasant. I could definitely detect the chocolate, the coconut not so much. Scrubs nicely..the granules are nicely sized and yes, they do dissolve after you've scrubbed for 20 seconds or so but I've experienced that with all sugar scrubs. It does leave behind a film, but I liked that because it softened my skin and I didn't need to put on lotion afterwards. My skin is REALLY soft now. The taste? Eh..tastes sweet as I suspected but as soon as you swallow, you get that nice chemical aftertaste. Overall I'd buy it again if they keep the price at $10, but it's not worth anymore than that.
(Strangely, this stuff seemed to leave a faint bronze sheen on my skin, somehow I doubt it's supposed to do that but I'm not complaining!)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by earmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 5 (very expensive) in terms of price, because one dollar would be to expensive for this pile of crap. CRAP CRAP CRAP. you like smelling like crayola and having a nice great layer of what feels like lard on your skin? THEN THIS IS IT FOR YOU!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Welldressed83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this 2 day ago at Sephora along with the body butter for $10.00, $20.00 was the price for both so I thought what the hey??? It is WAYYYYYYYY cheaper than it was so I could not go wrong right?? WRONG I got the CREAMY scent which is sposed to smell cake-y and I thought that the butter would smell really good along with it. I sloughed the scrub in my skin before I got into the shower and the smell was intoxicating, like someone was making caramels, and then I got in the tub and washed it off......my skin was soft, I wont take that away from the scrub...but strangely the smell morphed from sweet to like how old french fry grease smells with a little sugar poured in it..It was unpleasant and then the GREASE ahhhhhhh!! it would not come OFF!!! it was a thick vaseline like layer and it felt weird I could definitely see how someone with really dry skin would appreciate it, BUT on a positive note it soaked in after I got in the bed (silky nighty/grease combo very odd feeling) and my skin was super soft and glowing the next day, and strangely smelled good again (I did not use the body butter that night). Hmmm strange but it was worth 10.00 I heard they were not going to make it anymore.++ Smell and amount -- grease. Hope this helps...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by warriorofice

This stuff is suicide in a jar. It is just overly expensive shortening that cakes onto your skin and makes the tub gross and dangerously slippery. It isn't even the pretty pink it is apparently supposed to be, and it smells awful. EVIL product. Beware

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by volley28

At least it smells good. Otherwise this product just plain sucks. It gives you a 'did I just shower with $42 dollar vat of Crisco!?' feeling. They have just lowered the price to $18, probably because no one would buy this horrible product. The scent just isn't worth it. I'd rather get Origins cocoa line for a chocolate product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Saydee

I got this with a Sephora Gift Card. I wanted to buy the Creamy, but for some reason I bought Dreamy. I like it- but I dont love it. I will use it up, though- because sometimes I get a craving for chocolate scents.. But I have to admit, I really do like this scrub. I have dry skin, and it really helps with that. I do find it greasy- but I just wipe it off and feel very moisturized, and the scent lingers.