August 28, 2014 | 883 users online

Brows - Yves Saint Laurent - Dessin Des Sourcils- Eyebrow Pencil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a replacement for my dearly beloved Too Faced Browney, as Too Faced is no longer available in the Netherlands (boohoo!!). The SA said that this comes as a close second behind Browney, so that pulled me over the line. I tried it in 3 and 5, 3 being too red toned, and 5 seemed like a good match. It turned out a tad too dark, but rather that than too red! I'm not as happy with it as I was with Browney, this one being slightly more waxy, little less easy to apply and not as longlasting, but for now it's the best I can find.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the hardest time finding brow colour products that suit my natural dark blonde brows. When you're in between light blonde and brunette its extremely difficult, everything I try is far too red and warm and stands out in the most hideous way. This YSL pencil in shade 3 is bang on a match for me. It makes doing my brows so quick and easy to! The texture feels more soft and waxy than other pencils I have tried and so it tends to really stick to the brows and holds them together. My two negative points are 1- The price, its now jumped up to £19 here in the UK, totally over the top. I could justify it, if it was a twist up pencil so there was no waste when sharpening. 2- I do find it difficult to sharpen it to a really fine point as it has waxy soft consistency. Overall this is the best pencil I have tried and will probably have to dish out the cash for it unless I ever find an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Nature00

I just received 005 Ebony, it is still in the brown spectrum. I will try ash next time. I wish I had known it before hand. Otherwise, it is a great eye brow pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

My all time favourite eye brow pencil as it creates a very natural look yet providing good definition. It is quite dry which I like since I am able to sharpen it and go in between brow hairs filling the gaps in. The product is very very blendable as the texture is not creamy but powdery.
Comes with a brush located on the other end, which is very handy. The brush is quite decent, by the way.
The price is quite high, but you get 1,3 grams which is not bad at all.
I win shade 5 "Eboby". It is perfect for my dark brown eyebrows. The colour has a hint of grey in it which is good as many dark brown pencils are leaning towards red.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by nalay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use dis wen i shave mah brows den draw dem bac on

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ahartson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is mostly silver, so brow color with red or gold tones looks off on me. I like pencil for my skimpy brows and prefer a brush on the other end. I have used Lancome's pencil in Taupe for several years and it has wonderful texture, but is a little too gold. Great, but not perfect. YSL in Ash has surpassed my old love -- it's perfect in every way. Well, except it is expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have this in #4- Ash, great grey for Asians with black hair (used with harder stroke). One downside is that a harder hand is needed to get the color needed as the pencil is firmer, but softer than the Shu eyebrow pencil. Great results though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

I purchased this product less than a month ago and oh my existences, do I love it or do I love it? The consistency is perfect; not lax and smudgy, but solid which makes it easier to grasp faultlessness and promptness. I have been trying all sorts of brow products earlier such as Mac, Chanel , Dior, even HnM. This is by far the best, and I have affirmed I am never going to reappearance back to anything else. Also the color is impeccable for the brows as it is grey undertone. Anything else I tried seems to be more red, which gives a more fake and unnatural outcome. Loving it. When it comes to the bucks, I admit it is rather pricey, but sadly I am going to end this review by saying : You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by GemmaDilemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing eyebrow pencil! Nothing compares! It isn't soft, it's quite hard which means you can really control how much colour you are putting into your brows. I have colour number 5 as I have almost black hair, it's very very dark brown. It is a grey toned pencil which is great. Most dark brown eyebrow pencils have red tones in them which makes your brows look very fake. This eyebrow pencil is perfect and I recommend it 100%. My only issue is it's $54 here in Australia, so I don't think I can afford to re-purchase it, but when I go to the US I will definitely buy a few! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What can I say? You get what you pay for. I got this in #4 and it is a perfect match for my brows. I have dark brown hair, olive skin, dark brown eyes, and almost black eyebrows. Being half Lebanese, my brows are really the focal point of my face, so it's important that they are properly shaped and filled in. This pencil does the trick and it stays on all day, until you wash your face. The shade looks downright gray but it goes on the perfect shade of dark ash brown. I love that it has a little spoolie on the end to brush my brows with. Used to use Brow-zing by Benefit, which is good, but this is much better. I didn't have as much control with Brow-zing because the brush and pan of brow filler wax are separate, plus I'm not a professional makeup artist, so.....anyway, if you're looking for a great eyebrow pencil that stays on and you don't mind dropping some cash, check this out.
UPDATE: This pencil is still good, but it has dried up somewhat; I really have to press hard and I don't like doing that anywhere around the eye area. Don't think I will re-purchase.