August 27, 2014 | 1957 users online

Lotions/ Creams - mark - Self Sanctuary Fig Basil Body Sorbet [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sparkleandswoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really liked this scent. The thing w/ basil scented products is that you love them or you hate them - there seems to be no in-between. It appears as if Mark has discontinued this fragrance which is sad for me. All the basil scented products I find and like tend to be discontinued almost immediately.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by fricket2fracket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from a friend when it first came out. I find that I don't really enjoy the lotion or the body wash in this line but free is free so I gave it a try. I like the kiwi-lotus, and white tea-vanilla scents in this line and thought I would also like this. I was SO wrong. It smelled like I had rubbed some savory dish my mother had made on me. I love my mom's cooking but I don't want to smell like an Italian dinner. I also have to agree that I felt like I had a film on my after using this lotion. This is one I won't be buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by DanteStewart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product! I was a little leery of it at first. I put it on my arms and legs after I took a shower before I went to bed and it went on very well and smelled wonderful. I thought it felt a little "coated" at first, but when I woke up the next morning, my skin was so soft. The smell was gone of course, but no matter. I'm going to ask my Rep to backorder it for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

I tried this body sorbet, but in the Kiwi Lotus scent and was VERY disappointed. I beleive this product is alcohol based, as it smells very strongly of it. I felt like I was slathering hand sanitizer on my legs because of the alcohol smell. It was not moisturizing at all. I actually think this dried out my skin. The scent lasts practically all day, but I smelt like rubbing acohol, not kiwi or lotus, so it wasn't such a good thing. Overall, this product was terrible and I would not consider buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ambermetmark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate the way this product smells. I sent it back because i couldnt stand it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by marnif

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I opened the sample packet, assuming it would be more Fig than Basil. Wrong. Slathered on my newly shaved legs, not crazy about the scent. My date said he didn't like the scent I was wearing. I told him I agreed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2005 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Leonidas

I only have the sample of this so I wouldn't know how the packaging is but I saw the price on the website and it is really cheap! I love the smell of this sorbet! It's extremely feminine while having a bit of a woody masculine scent. I think I'm in love with the smell actually! I haven't tried it yet but I'll update later on when I have! *Runs to the bathroom* UPDATE: kinda dissappointing IMO it smells a bit like grass and wood... and it didn't stay very long on my skin (but it did stay long on my bathrobe) otherwise my skin was nice and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scent does not smell good in the bottle, but try it on your skin! It leaves a soft, clean scent on the skin, very yummy! The body sorbet is a cooling, gel finish, very smooth. However, it has alcohol high on the list of ingredients, so I found it actually bothered my eyes. I won't buy the sorbet again, but I will buy Fig Basil in the moisture milk, which is just as smooth and non-irritating to all extremities!!