September 17, 2014 | 1978 users online

Hair - Stila - Jade Blossom hair refresher

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a big dry shampoo fan, but before this I had only ever used aerosol versions, which run out so quickly. I was looking for a non-aerosol version and stumbled upon this on Amazon. I ended up getting it for around half the normal price of $28, so for me it was a really good deal. I'm not sure I'd want to spend the full $28 on it, but I've had it for about 2 years and it's still halfway full, so we'll see. After some trial and error, I find that it works best when I apply it at night. That gives it plenty of time to absorb oil in my hair, and I wake up to hair that looks freshly washed (even though my scalp is naturally oily), and it still looks and feels clean the next day. I'm not in love with the scent, but it dissipates very quickly. At first, I really liked the packaging and the way it releases little poofs of powder, but it doesn't work quite as well any more. Sometimes it can take awhile to get it going, which is another reason I prefer to use it at night when I'm not in a rush. I just bought some Batiste for days when I'm in a hurry because it works much faster and doesn't really need time to soak in. For reference, my hair is naturally dark blonde.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells great and it's an effective dry shampoo. Application is easy with a little practice. I use it sparingly and brush through. and it's not visible on my blonde hair.It adds lots of volume and grip, which I love since my hair is naturally very fine, silky and hard to style.I was really excited to find an alternative to dry shampoos in aerosol cans. They work well for me, but it they don't last long and have to be disposed of responsibly, which is a bit of a hassle where I live. Unfortunately this powder always makes my scalp itchy and sometimes creates unsightly flakes that look like dandruff in combination with some of my hair products. I ended up emptying the bottle out and filled it with a natural baby powder since the application is so much better with the stila bottle than the container it came in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've got a fringe, so this stuff is perfect for those in between wash days when my fringe needs a bit of a clean but the rest of my hair doesn't. Unlike spray dry shampoos, I really notice a difference with this. You do need to brush your hair really thoroughly after applying, otherwise you'll look like you're going grey (Stila's website says to work the product through with your fingers, which really doesn't work, especially if you have dark hair). Scent is pleasant, but not obtrusive.

The downside is that it does leave buildup on my scalp no matter how little I use or how much I brush it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by AimeeEm

I have tried many dry shampoos, and this one is by far the best. I used to think only spray ones are worth it, but I've changed my mind now that I'm using this.

The best way to use this IMO:

1) brush your hair
2) lift your hair in parts and squirt short puffs of the bottle holding it horizontally to each part that looks greasy
3) use either your hands or a towel to wipe through your hair
4) brush and style as you wish

I have dark hair and have noticed absolutely no powderiness like I do with other products. The scent is fresh and lingers just long enough for you to become convinced it was a good idea to skip washing your hair on a day you were feeling lazy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I have healthy, shiny, straight asian hair...that can get a bit oily at the scalp if I don't wash it daily. I thought a hair refresher would be the answer. Well, I was wrong. This one gives me a gross white/grey cast that looks even worse than w/o it. The only positive is that it does SMELL good, but it just looks bad. :( Too bad...I was hoping that it'd work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by DreamtOf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my HG hair powder (i use both scents). i have medium brownish hair, and only when i use too much does it show. the smell is light and pleasant, and it doesn't leave a buildup in my hair when it's time to shampoo. i carry one in my purse and leave one at home. highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Honeyhoney

I love this product! I have blonde, fine and long hair and this is perfect for me. This makes my hair feel and look clean and pretty. The scent is lovely and light.

Without this I would have to wash my hair every day. Now I can save my long hair ends and use this on some days instead of shampooing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mmmjkerouac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally curly, but I prefer to wear it straighten because it's easier to maintain. I use dry shampoo as a way to keep my hair clean and to refrain from having to wash and straighten it everyday.

I tried Ojon's dry shampoo and it was terrible. The product clogged the nozzle and I was only able to use it once. $11 down the drain. It was so bad; I wonít buy another dry shampoo in an aerosol can.

This product on the other hand is damn near perfect Ė albeit, quite pricey ($28).

The scent is pleasantly fresh - somewhat florally, somewhat cucumber-y. Itís so very light it's not noticeable after Iíve used it. The only way I can smell it is if I'm sniffing the bottle. I supposed if I were able to sniff the top of my head I'd be able to smell it, but then again, no one has ever commented on it, so I going to presume they are unable to smell it either.

While I do love the smell of this product, its best feature is the bottle. Itís akin to a condiment bottle Ė not a ketchup or mustard bottle, but the generic yellow=mustard / red=ketchup kind. It has a skinny pointed nozzle so the product can be applied with precision directly to the scalp with only a little squeeze of the bottle. No clogging possible. I have seen people spray dry shampoo all over their head (though, Iím not honestly certain why. If youíre one of those people, you may not care for this product), but I only use this on my scalp and the nozzle ensures that I donít have powder all over my head.

My scalp feels cool after I put it on. I have to make certain to brush my hair quite thoroughly afterwards. By "thoroughly" I mean for several minutes - Marcia Brady "thoroughly", but I have jet-black hair. This stuff does give the hair some volume Ė not enough to make it a ďvolumizerĒ by any means, but it is noticeable.

Lastly, this stuff lasts for a very long time. I only apply it every two or three days because it sops up every bit of oil on the scalp Ė EVERY BIT. My hair feels so dry after I use it I want to put some kind of oil based moisturizer in it.

All and all, this is a great product Ė itís certainly worth its selling price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells light and clean and does not use talc (an unhealthy ingredient in a lot of dry shampoos). The packaging isn't as good as Oscar Blandi's and it can be a bit messy, but overall it effectively refreshes and scents unwashed hair and I would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Svanhvit

This smells AMAZING, the scent is a 'cool, green tea floral' and freshens your hair beautifully. It gives great matt-ish texture and volume, way better than any other dry shampoo/hair powder I've tried.The only reason this loses a lippie is because it's slightly annoying to apply. You are meant to squeeze the bottle so little puffs come out, but I find this isn't enough for me so usually end up putting some on my hands and raking it through my hair - it would be much easier if it was in a spray can like Batiste or Bumble&Bumbles. It has revolutionized my getting-ready routine - I only have to wash my hair every 2 or 3 days rather than every day, which was time consuming and damaging. I now prefer my hair on its second and third day to when it's just been washed and styled, cos it is fuller and easier to control with no flyaways :) Also, it's expensive but lasts for absolutely ages. Seriously, I think I will have this same bottle for over a year.