July 28, 2014 | 1703 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick- Digital Brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On me the shade was a browned red with a orangey hint in the background(not for me)For reference I'm LLL w/ golden undertones.The texture was beautiful.So creamy,smooth..Not drying..While I wouldn't get this color again,I will definitely be getting more of these lipsticks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I need darker lipstick because my lips are so pigmented and I like a more dramatic look anyway. I got this lipstick at Sephora after looking at Nars and MUFE lipsticks. This is not really that brown, it's more of a muted red with a little bit of shimmer. It's not cool and it's not really that warm, on me it works with either tones of eyeshadow. The formula is good, it lasts a long time and doesn't appear to dry out my lips much. It smells exactly like the Revlon SuperLustrous lipsticks but this has just a tad more moisture. This is good, but pricey. If I can find another shade next time I'm in Sephora, I might buy another. Currently I'm looking for a wearable red (true red).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2004 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I agree with the previous reviewer that this isn’t a “brown brown” but I still think it deserves the moniker since it isn’t a red, pink or plum either. On me this is a reddish-brown (rather than a brownish red) with a rosey undertone. Depending on application, it can look natural (sort of slightly darkened natural rosebud lips) or defined and dramatic. The bronzey gleam is more apparent on heavier application whereas a thin coat makes it look more rosey. I find this a very flattering colour for my yellow-toned complexion and it doesn’t clash with the redness on my cheeks either. But what clinches it for me is how versatile this lipstick is: I’ve already said you can get several different looks from it depending on how you apply it. Also, it can be layered with gloss: clear gloss for a delicious sheer medium rosebud look, brownish gloss to bring out the bronzey tone, and berry or reddish gloss to make it look – well – more towards red or plum. The consistency is nice (I’m a girl who doesn’t like lipsticks because they tend to dry my lips). This could well become my wear-anywhere staple for the more grown-up look this fall. Delicious!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The name on this lipstick is quite misleading, as is the color swatch on Sephora. This color is actually a brownish-brick red, with more emphasis on the red. It is quite dramatic, but I do find that it is wearable, even for a pale warm-toned (NC15-20) gal like me, which is nice because most reds don't work well on me. The lasting power of this lipstick is quite nice. I wore it on a sunny, hot, humid day, at an indoor/outdoor craft show, and it did not bleed off my lips or lose any color intensity. It stayed exactly in place. This lipstick feels very nice on, and is not drying. It does have a strong smell, but not an unpleasant one. The case is ultra fancy, and looks "high-tech". I would have given this a 5 had the name been more shade-appropriate.