April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

This was my first foray into shiseido much raved about foundation line after using chanel. Wish i hadnt veered off from my trusted chanel vitalumiere.The product no doubt is smooth as silk but i might as well go bare face, since the coverage is so light.I have it in I20 which is natural light ivory but its too good a match for my NC25 skintone, that it becomes invisible after application, to make it somewhat visible i slather it more but it simply disappears into my face.So what's the use of buying a product that gives u very light almost non-existent coverage.am sorely disappointed and would not repurchase this stuff.absolute waste, love my chanel foundations.I thought i should point out this flaw of the product before anyone else goes and buys this stuff that provides very little coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am shocked that it has taken me this long to write a review on this product! I first began wearing this stick makeup more than 10 years ago and I have tried a lot of other products since then. I don't know why I stopped using this, possibly because of the heavy perfume sent that I could do without, but the formula is great in terms of coverage and how long it lasts only face. I actually load up my foundation brush with a simple moisturizing lotion before applying this makeup to give me a more dewy look as this full coverage can be a tad powdery looking. Still, I do enjoy a dewy look and the extra lotion mixed in gives me this look without making the coverage or lasting ability diminish. The look of this makeup is very natural looking and is very easy to apply. I don't even wear an extra concealer, just swipes of this without the added lotion under the eyes and around the nose. I have not found this make to crease or fade over time, my main issues with makeup. I do not plan on loosing tough with this stick foundation again and will re-purchase when I need to. I give it only 4 stars, however because I don't like the perfume smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the convenience of stick foundation but some of them can feel heavy or greasy. I received this in a swap with a friend. After wearing it every day for a week I realized, "Hey - I don't even know I have foundation on!" This stuff lasts all day but feels so lightweight on. The color I am using is not a total perfect match for me, but I didn't pick this out (it was a swap) so I would definitely buy this again. I would even use it in summer when I normally put aside my stick foundation. Plus, the packaging is so streamlined and chic. Shiseido just never disappoints and this product is no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I bought this product a very long time ago and forgot how much I loved it. My skin is a bit different now than when I was in my 20's so I prefer more coverage now but this stick really gets the job done. I used to just dab some on few areas, easily spread out and go. Now I use it to spot cover certain areas. Sheisedo is great for sensitive skin and layering. I have their powder now and use that more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by liss29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very expensive product but I think it's a worthy investment. The foundation goes on super smoothly and is the most naturally looking product I have come across. It doesn't look or feel heavy which is a lovely change from Mac. I have hyperpigmentation and whilst this is a medium cover makeup, it smoothed out my skin really really well.

I'm usually a NC30-35 and I first bought the I60 which has pinker undertones. It didn't look bad, as I do wear a lot of sunscreen underneath but Iater went back to try the O60 which has yellower undertones. I found that that looked okay but maybe a bit too yellow... In the end I bought both and now blend them on my face! The mix is a perfect match and I'm really happy with the result. However, due to the costs with buying 2 shades, I gave the price only 3 stars.

The packaging is sleek and the brush is the softest I have come across- the shape makes it so easy to buff and blend into the skin. I also like how small the brush is- it's nice and easily portable with the foundation. However, I only gave packaging 4 stars as I would like the brush to come with some sort of matching cover which would make it more hygienic to carry around.

I would recommend setting with a powder and after that I didn't find it moved much (not enough to warrant reapplication). I also didn't notice any colour transfer on clothes (although I was particularly careful).

Overall an absolutely fantastic product and I am so sad that I went so long without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am fair with yellowish undertones & have found that Sheseido offers many products that match my skintone. I am an NC25 and O20 in Shiseido Foundation Stick matches me perfectly. I like the ease, speed and less mess of stick foundation compared to liquid/cream. This is comparable to Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation (I wear Warm Ivory in BB) but I find Shiideido to be a tad more lightweight and it has more of sheer, silky yet matte finish. Very buildable and can be applied as light to medium coverage. Very portable, pretty container & has a light scent that I happen to love. Blends very well also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't cover anything. I was looking for a replacement for Estee Lauder's stick foundation that was discontinued. Haven't found anything close to it yet. Love the Shiseido stick container, but product doesn't do much at all. Keep it in my drawer at work for when I want to go through the motions of putting on makeup...and just that, going through the motions. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Rosie1644

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation to throw in your purse and not worry about it making a mess. i have pretty good skin no breakouts, normal to combination (oily t-zone) and it stays on all day even on hot days. this is in my traveling bag. i am about NC25 and O20 is a perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Dancer85

I love how this foundation goes on and stays on, particularly when set with a bit of powder. The colour selection is great for me. I have slightly yellow undertone to my skin and I find Shiseido foundations suit me well. This product has a beautiful satin finish that hasn't broken me out. I have normal skin but prone to breakouts. The only real downside of this product is if you love full coverage foundation this is not the product for you. However it's a lovely light-medium coverage foundation that bulids well. Love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by JMB0802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the color corrector one. It's greenish yellow and takes all my redness away. I put foundation over it, but I could see just using this. I just blend it with my fingers. It has spf in it too.