September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by pet260

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am always on the lookout for a easy coverage product and after reading all the reviews decided to buy this one. It's easy allright. But the coverage is scant. Doesn't really get rid of the circle/ bumps/ etc that you want to hide. At $38.50, I don't think I will purchase this again. I need more coverage than this. Try on in store more than I did, please.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

Sheer to medium coverage, the shade O20 is so nice on me which I like! However, I hate the smell! So strong! Overall, this one is good, but nothing special

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ivanenrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my second Shiseido foudation. I really liked my Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation in Ochre 60 (discontinued), so I decided to try some more of their other foundation products. I got my shade in Ochre 40 which was a little too light for my NC35 to 40ish complexion. I fix that by dusting some bronzer (Shiseido Bronzer in Medium) around the periphery and contours of my face.

For its hefty price tag, it's just okay. It's not that amazing. In their website, Shiseido claims that this one provides "medium coverage" and gives long-lasting lustrous natural finish." Lustrous natural finish, yes. Medium coverage? A big NO. If you have really bad blemishes and acne scarring. In fact it barely does anything in terms of coverage, which kind of makes me question its claim of being a "foundation."

You can build the coverage from very light to, at most, slightly medium (with two to three layers). Of course you can always layer and layer more, but I bet that won't look cute. In terms of wear, around 4 hours for my my very oily skin. I set this with my Ben Nye setting powder in neutral (I don't like colored setting powders because they transfer on clothes). Those with oily skin will have to set this foundation with powder, or risk looking like a BP oil spill mess by the 2nd or 3rd hour. Additionally, this "foundation" does not slide off or disintegrate; it just disappears.

I do still use this "foundation" when I go to the grocery or mall, but I don't think this will work for me if I have to go to an all-night party or event. It has SPF 15 and my pet peeve is foundation that has SPF. It's not good under flash photography. Foundations usually have SPF 15 - 20; and that doesn't help you at all with sun protection! You need at least SPF 30 PA+++, so might as well let customers get a separate product for their SPF that performs well under flash photography and gives ample and decent sun protection. Also, the lower level of spf in foundation can cancel or dilute the strength of spf lotions/primers, etc. that go under your makeup.

I can also use this as my highlighter for under the eyes, etc.

All in all, this product is blah. I'm not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

This was my first foray into shiseido much raved about foundation line after using chanel. Wish i hadnt veered off from my trusted chanel vitalumiere.The product no doubt is smooth as silk but i might as well go bare face, since the coverage is so light.I have it in I20 which is natural light ivory but its too good a match for my NC25 skintone, that it becomes invisible after application, to make it somewhat visible i slather it more but it simply disappears into my face.So what's the use of buying a product that gives u very light almost non-existent coverage.am sorely disappointed and would not repurchase this stuff.absolute waste, love my chanel foundations.I thought i should point out this flaw of the product before anyone else goes and buys this stuff that provides very little coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am shocked that it has taken me this long to write a review on this product! I first began wearing this stick makeup more than 10 years ago and I have tried a lot of other products since then. I don't know why I stopped using this, possibly because of the heavy perfume sent that I could do without, but the formula is great in terms of coverage and how long it lasts only face. I actually load up my foundation brush with a simple moisturizing lotion before applying this makeup to give me a more dewy look as this full coverage can be a tad powdery looking. Still, I do enjoy a dewy look and the extra lotion mixed in gives me this look without making the coverage or lasting ability diminish. The look of this makeup is very natural looking and is very easy to apply. I don't even wear an extra concealer, just swipes of this without the added lotion under the eyes and around the nose. I have not found this make to crease or fade over time, my main issues with makeup. I do not plan on loosing tough with this stick foundation again and will re-purchase when I need to. I give it only 4 stars, however because I don't like the perfume smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the convenience of stick foundation but some of them can feel heavy or greasy. I received this in a swap with a friend. After wearing it every day for a week I realized, "Hey - I don't even know I have foundation on!" This stuff lasts all day but feels so lightweight on. The color I am using is not a total perfect match for me, but I didn't pick this out (it was a swap) so I would definitely buy this again. I would even use it in summer when I normally put aside my stick foundation. Plus, the packaging is so streamlined and chic. Shiseido just never disappoints and this product is no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I bought this product a very long time ago and forgot how much I loved it. My skin is a bit different now than when I was in my 20's so I prefer more coverage now but this stick really gets the job done. I used to just dab some on few areas, easily spread out and go. Now I use it to spot cover certain areas. Sheisedo is great for sensitive skin and layering. I have their powder now and use that more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by liss29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very expensive product but I think it's a worthy investment. The foundation goes on super smoothly and is the most naturally looking product I have come across. It doesn't look or feel heavy which is a lovely change from Mac. I have hyperpigmentation and whilst this is a medium cover makeup, it smoothed out my skin really really well.

I'm usually a NC30-35 and I first bought the I60 which has pinker undertones. It didn't look bad, as I do wear a lot of sunscreen underneath but Iater went back to try the O60 which has yellower undertones. I found that that looked okay but maybe a bit too yellow... In the end I bought both and now blend them on my face! The mix is a perfect match and I'm really happy with the result. However, due to the costs with buying 2 shades, I gave the price only 3 stars.

The packaging is sleek and the brush is the softest I have come across- the shape makes it so easy to buff and blend into the skin. I also like how small the brush is- it's nice and easily portable with the foundation. However, I only gave packaging 4 stars as I would like the brush to come with some sort of matching cover which would make it more hygienic to carry around.

I would recommend setting with a powder and after that I didn't find it moved much (not enough to warrant reapplication). I also didn't notice any colour transfer on clothes (although I was particularly careful).

Overall an absolutely fantastic product and I am so sad that I went so long without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am fair with yellowish undertones & have found that Sheseido offers many products that match my skintone. I am an NC25 and O20 in Shiseido Foundation Stick matches me perfectly. I like the ease, speed and less mess of stick foundation compared to liquid/cream. This is comparable to Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation (I wear Warm Ivory in BB) but I find Shiideido to be a tad more lightweight and it has more of sheer, silky yet matte finish. Very buildable and can be applied as light to medium coverage. Very portable, pretty container & has a light scent that I happen to love. Blends very well also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't cover anything. I was looking for a replacement for Estee Lauder's stick foundation that was discontinued. Haven't found anything close to it yet. Love the Shiseido stick container, but product doesn't do much at all. Keep it in my drawer at work for when I want to go through the motions of putting on makeup...and just that, going through the motions. So sad.