October 24, 2014 | 1793 users online

Shampoo - Queen Helene - Natural Garlic Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by MUAdays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- almost like a professional swimmer's shampoo, it is able to remove light metallic discolorations so affected hair becomes a little lighter without being bleached and harmed; I think the EDTA does the trick

- soft, clean, baby-powderish scent, LOVE it - it is not "unscented", but there is absolutly no garlic in it

- very gentle, smooth, fine, mild foam; a pleasure to apply

- cleans well without drying, even my sulfate-free babyshampoo seems harsher

- giving the hair a noticable better, easier-to-handle structure, making it shiny and healthy looking if no conditioner is used afterwards (!) (with conditioner there is simply no difference to other shampoos-plus-conditioner)

- not tested on animals, no animal ingredients

Cons:

- contains sulfate

- hair turns greasy more and more quickly unless you alternate shampoos

- as for the shedding, I didn't notice any difference - at least it didn't get worse either

I personally also like the packaging a lot, I'm all into retro designs. Still have to get used to the size of the bottle though, it's at least two times heavier than a regular euro shampoo bottle.

Because of the scent, the mild foam and esp. the advantages for blonde hair I order this stuff online from the US on a regular basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by bigdimples

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I started using Megatek (a hair growth product) on my scalp, the strong protein caused my hair to shed. I have been using this product for 1 month and my shedding has reduced greatly. There is not a strong, pungent garlic scent from this product. You can only smell a faint garlic scent if you hold the product close to your nose. When you rinse the conditioner out of your hair, there is no garlic scent. I purchased the product for about $3.99 at the local BSS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Bzegyal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this because I've been experience excessive hair loss a few months after having my baby. I was told to get a good garlic shampoo, and garlic pill. I was so amazed that during the first wash my hair didn't shed in the shower. Wow! Usually my hair came out in clumps.But the shedding stopped immediately.
My hair did feel stripped, but I followed up with a conditioner, and it softened it right up. I've used this shampoo twice in the past week, and my hair loss has stopped about 95%.
It has garlic bulb extract, and it is recommended that you use it every 2 days for the first 4 weeks.
I think i will continue to use this even after my hair is repaired.
Update April 09. My hair has stopped falling out. It is VERY strong, and btw..it is unscented. No garlic smell. I just finished the first bottle, and will be buying another. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a good basic cheap shampoo. Even though it has ammonium laryl sulfate in it, it is not drying at all. It is lightly scented, and there is no trace of garlic scent in it at all.

Update- My hair still loves it! And it is good as a body wash.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably one of the most gentle shampoos I've tried. This is an unscented shampoo that is SLS free. It cleans well and leaves the hair clean without feeling stripped. Its supposed to help alliviate excessive shedding and itchy dry scalp. At $3 I would repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No