DuDu Osun African Black Soap

3.9

Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun (camwood), Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Palm Bunch Ash, Aloe Vera, Lime Juice, Essential Oil Blend, Water and Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ive been using this soap for about 2 months now and I have noticed a change in my skin. I have a very oily T-zone and my skin is quite sensitive. I bought it at my local hair and beauty supply store at a very affordable price. It wasn't more than £3. I use it twice daily. In the morning and at night after removing my makeup. When I first started using it, it made my skin very dry but it doesn't really do this anymore, maybe because my skin is used to it now. It has a mild smell and it also flakes a lot so I suggest keeping this soap on a very dry surface. After a month of use, I noticed that my acne reduced a little and my pimples dried out more quickly. I haven't noticed a change on my dark spots. I would recommend this soap for those with sensitive skin due to its mild properties. It also has natural ingredients which is a plus for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a few years now. This is the only soap I can use on my body that does not break me out. Every other soap I have tried would break me out in my chest. Although, I use this product mostly for my body, it also does a great job with removing makeup on my face prior to using my cleanser. This is definitely a staple for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've been breaking out since I was 12, and I've tried almost every drugstore cleanser out there, but none of them seemed to ever work. I always had these tiny bumps and pimples all over my forehead. When I started high school, it only got worse. I had cysts and I started breaking out on my cheeks as well as my forehead. It wasn't until I came across this soap that my breakout stopped. When I first tried it, my skin burned, and my breakouts seemed to get worse. I had a breakout of cysts and I was planning to give up on it, but I decided to stick it through. I got a good exfoliator and I continued using the soap. 2 weeks later, and my skin is the best that it's ever been and even my acne scars got noticeably lighter. I haven't even broken out since the initially breakout in the beginning. I honestly wish I had tried this sooner. Only problem I have is the packaging. Once you take out out of the box, you have to store it elsewhere, and it stains my counters and towels.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this black soap!!!! And I have tried a few that are authentic, the soft black soaps, the bars..and I only like a few of them. This is one of them.
This soap helped me and my son's acne. It started clearing up, and while it didn't clear it completely, it helped get my skin back onto the road to recovery. It also helped get rid of dark marks and lighten them, because there is lime in this bar of soap. The first time I used this soap, it did feel kind of harsh, but what I did was use the first day, then took a day off, then used it again. It worked well. Can be drying. Great for oily skin. Has lots of ingredients that help with aging according to dr Oz, which is where I first heard of black soap from. Great bar of soap!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Together with the Olay Regenerist day and night creams, this has completely cleared my skin of all acne. I would recommend it to anyone, especially since it is dirt cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've been using this black soap for about 4 or 5 months now. It is definitely harsh, but my skin can handle that. It in itself is a kind of a gentle exfoliator, which also helps lightening my hyper-pigmentation, so you have to be mindful of that when you actually exfoliate. It is severely drying, so make sure you have a good moisturizer (I use Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer).

It is not unheard of to go through a "purging" stage--where a bunch of little bumps come up for a couple days before everything gets better--but that didn't happen to me, luckily enough.

Overall, I love it, and recommend it to all my friends (they had similar successful results). It keeps my acne down and lightens my scars. It can get a bit pricey, now that it is getting popular, but I buy my bars from ebay (islamestore specifically) and it is about $4.30 a bar.

Oh, I bought two bars, but I'm still not even halfway through the original bar I have been using. A little goes a long way with this bar, so it's a great investment if it works for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Cleans my skin like a plague!! I use this in the evenings, sometimes after an oil cleansing with almond oil, or just straight away. It gets rid of my makeup, tightens my pores and my skin feels incredibly squeaky clean, after.

I love the fact that it is an all natural soap, so I don't have to worry about bad chemicals sinking into my skin, and in turn; into my bloodstream!!

This soap really does help lighten my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation I got and still get from the occasional acne. It is honey based, which I love! & it has lime juice in it, so I know it is working on my pigmentation because citrus lightens dark spots. Having lime juice as an ingredient also means your skin becomes more photosensitive, so you've got to remember to wear a high quality sun screen during the day time, to prevent any further post inflammatory hyper pigmentation or even melasma,

The ingredients also help fight acne, in general. Additonally, the soap has softened my skin and made it look supple and it seems like it provided a lovely rosy glow to my cheeks.

It is very drying, however! So you've got to make sure to restore the moisture back into your skin, immediately after using the soap.The drying and photo-sensitivity properties also prevents me from using it in the mornings but rather during the evenings, so that I could get rid of my makeup well, and it also gives me an incentive to moisturise my skin a lot more, which is good because your skin needs moisture overnight in order for it restore and be rejuvenated for the next morning.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

pros; lathers and cleanses really well, like the scent! This soap doesn't give me any breakouts, my only problem... really big problem, is that it darkens my skin. Some say the darkening is a result of exfoliation and is temporary but didn't try it long enough!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for 3 days. So far, I've noticed a bit of a difference in my face. I'm writing this review early to say that I have sensitive skin, but I didn't notice any stinging or adverse reaction to this soap when I first tried it. I was hesitant because of all the reviewers warning people with sensitive skin. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that my face has gotten used to using ACV and Aztec Bentonite Indian Healing Clay, so maybe I've desensitized it? I'm not sure. Hopefully this keeps working and I see more results. Four lippies because it washes my face better than all of the face soaps that I've used in the past. Hesitant to give it five stars without having tried it for more than three days. Might change my rating in a month depending on how good I feel about it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was really excited to use this black soap after seeing so many reviews. I tried Nubian black soap and it worked well with cleaning skin but not getting rid of acne. But this soap on the other hand BROKE ME OUT. I had tiny bumps all over my jaw line & also under my chin. Now I'm back to using my regular neutrogena cleanser. I don't know what is going to get rid of my acne. Everything is just "controlling" it. But I would not recommend this product.