DuDu Osun African Black Soap

3.8

Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun (camwood), Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Palm Bunch Ash, Aloe Vera, Lime Juice, Essential Oil Blend, Water and Fragrance

on 7/8/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Together with the Olay Regenerist day and night creams, this has completely cleared my skin of all acne. I would recommend it to anyone, especially since it is dirt cheap.

on 5/12/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've been using this black soap for about 4 or 5 months now. It is definitely harsh, but my skin can handle that. It in itself is a kind of a gentle exfoliator, which also helps lightening my hyper-pigmentation, so you have to be mindful of that when you actually exfoliate. It is severely drying, so make sure you have a good moisturizer (I use Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer).

It is not unheard of to go through a "purging" stage--where a bunch of little bumps come up for a couple days before everything gets better--but that didn't happen to me, luckily enough.

Overall, I love it, and recommend it to all my friends (they had similar successful results). It keeps my acne down and lightens my scars. It can get a bit pricey, now that it is getting popular, but I buy my bars from ebay (islamestore specifically) and it is about $4.30 a bar.

Oh, I bought two bars, but I'm still not even halfway through the original bar I have been using. A little goes a long way with this bar, so it's a great investment if it works for you.

on 3/25/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Cleans my skin like a plague!! I use this in the evenings, sometimes after an oil cleansing with almond oil, or just straight away. It gets rid of my makeup, tightens my pores and my skin feels incredibly squeaky clean, after.

I love the fact that it is an all natural soap, so I don't have to worry about bad chemicals sinking into my skin, and in turn; into my bloodstream!!

This soap really does help lighten my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation I got and still get from the occasional acne. It is honey based, which I love! & it has lime juice in it, so I know it is working on my pigmentation because citrus lightens dark spots. Having lime juice as an ingredient also means your skin becomes more photosensitive, so you've got to remember to wear a high quality sun screen during the day time, to prevent any further post inflammatory hyper pigmentation or even melasma,

The ingredients also help fight acne, in general. Additonally, the soap has softened my skin and made it look supple and it seems like it provided a lovely rosy glow to my cheeks.

It is very drying, however! So you've got to make sure to restore the moisture back into your skin, immediately after using the soap.The drying and photo-sensitivity properties also prevents me from using it in the mornings but rather during the evenings, so that I could get rid of my makeup well, and it also gives me an incentive to moisturise my skin a lot more, which is good because your skin needs moisture overnight in order for it restore and be rejuvenated for the next morning.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

pros; lathers and cleanses really well, like the scent! This soap doesn't give me any breakouts, my only problem... really big problem, is that it darkens my skin. Some say the darkening is a result of exfoliation and is temporary but didn't try it long enough!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for 3 days. So far, I've noticed a bit of a difference in my face. I'm writing this review early to say that I have sensitive skin, but I didn't notice any stinging or adverse reaction to this soap when I first tried it. I was hesitant because of all the reviewers warning people with sensitive skin. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that my face has gotten used to using ACV and Aztec Bentonite Indian Healing Clay, so maybe I've desensitized it? I'm not sure. Hopefully this keeps working and I see more results. Four lippies because it washes my face better than all of the face soaps that I've used in the past. Hesitant to give it five stars without having tried it for more than three days. Might change my rating in a month depending on how good I feel about it.

on 2/26/2015 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was really excited to use this black soap after seeing so many reviews. I tried Nubian black soap and it worked well with cleaning skin but not getting rid of acne. But this soap on the other hand BROKE ME OUT. I had tiny bumps all over my jaw line & also under my chin. Now I'm back to using my regular neutrogena cleanser. I don't know what is going to get rid of my acne. Everything is just "controlling" it. But I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am a fan of this soap. It gentle enough to use all over my body - no adverse reaction at all! I typically do not use bar soap but this one leaves my skin so clean and soft. I give out bars as gifts to my friends and fam...love it! I have dark knees and I will update my review after a few more weeks - not seeing significant lightening yet...highly recommend !

on 11/10/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Product is great. Have only been using it for a few days but I must say this is the best BAR soap i have ever used on my face. Most other bar soap claiming to be safe for face, usually leave my skin TIGHT and dry and I hate that feeling. My skin feels soft and smooth after i use it, and my face just appears brighter. I like the fact that it also does not sting my eyes BONUS

and in just a few days (3 to be exact) it cleared up a dry patch on my face that I was trying to get rid of for the longest time. I exfoliated, 10% glycolic acid peel you name it. NOTHING worked. and in 3 days this soap exfoliated the patch away and my makeup application finally looks good over that part of skin.

HAPPY AND WILL PURCHASE AGAIN. SUPER INEXPENSIVE

This soap contains lime juice so I don't feel I can recommend it for sensitive skin. But my daughter loves it for lightening dark patches of skin she is self-conscious about (back of neck, knees and elbows). She had previously tried harsh toners and scrubs with varying degrees of success, but I cannot believe the difference since she started using Dudu soap about four weeks ago. No dark patches at all and her skin is soft. You have to store it in a soap dish as it tends to disintegrate quickly otherwise.

on 10/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to love dudu soap, but my skin is way too sensitive. This soap cleared my skin at first, made it clear and lightened my acne spots-wonderful right? But I have really sensitive cheeks, which is being made worse by the upcoming winter. This product is a little too harsh for those who have sensitive skin, but is amazing at getting rid of makeup, acne scars and all the rest. The price is unbeatable too!