December 18, 2014 | 893 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - Sunset in Brazil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by northender

This sleek but sturdy silver case houses three pans - caipirinha lip gloss, jungle shine eye shade, and ipanema allover color - the last of which seems to be a hybrid bronzer-cream-blush-highlighter, a large high-quality mirror plus an eyeshadow brush. This kit gives you a flushed, just back from the beach glow. The gloss is misnamed - a caipirinha is a run&lime drink that's pale green and this lip-gloss is a sheer bronze-coral - it makes your lips look like you were sucking on a awatemelon or someting - flushed and natural. The only con is that I keep having to reapply it. The jungle eyeshade is just dynamite paired with my NC 47 skin, honey brown eyes, and MAC's Teddy Eye Kohl, and the Ipanema allover color looks great in combo with the eye shine or as a highlighter or cream blush. The shadow lasts all day and is has an awesome cream-powder texture. Props for the Ipanema allover color - it is really an all-purpose product. At $65 a pop, it's not cheap but you get exactly what you pay for - three great products that give you tons of options, a reuable palette, plus a decent brush. This would be perfection if the brush was double ended with one end being lip brush, but that's not enough to lower the rating to four. I had wanted this palette forever but thought it was LE and unavailable - so I went to my Neiman's to "recreate" it and guess what - the SA had two left, tucked away in some drawer. I bought both of them and don't regret a single penny. Chantecaille's palettes give you a face in a case where the sum of the shades together are much greater than the pieces. I may have to break down and buy Tango in Argentina.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ikky

This palette costs so much in Taiwan! But I am a sucker for Chantecaille items, couldn't resist when such a cute thing came out... I don't regret getting it though, because all three colors are wonderful. At first I wasn't sure how to use the bronze all over color, but the SA showed me that it can be layered over the moss shimmery shadow to create a whole different color. And if you wear it alone by blending a thin layer, it gives this shimmer that is very "clean", unlike so many other similar products, which just look "dirty." The moss shimmer called "jungle" is a delicate and elegant moss green, reflecting golden shimmer like shiny milky way over a dark green universe... The best thing is the lipgloss. The texture is thick but not sticky. It is a very soft color that can easily be worn everyday and also moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2004 9:26:00 AM More reviews by docmaria

My beautiful boy bought me this gorgeous palette in the U.S. and I dread to think how much this would cost in Australia. The shadow (Jungle shine) is a warm green with gold/pink shimmer. The gloss (Caipirinha sheen) is a sheer amber with fine holographic shimmer. The cheek shade (Ipanema allover) is a warm bronze with gold shimmer. Comes with a mini shadow brush and mirror. The case also doubles as a mirror but is a fingerprint disaster and it's housed in a delightful orange pouch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sasha

I am amazed that this has not been reviewed. I think this is the most beautiful Chantecaille pallette to date. Thre is a lip sheen/gloss called Caipirinha, a shine eyeshadow called Jungle, and an allover bronzer called Ipanema. First off, I have very sensitive combination skin, mature skin, am a MAC NW25,Stila B, Chantecaille Vanilla in terms of coloring, and have pinkness in my skin. I did not think this pallette would work for me, but I absolutely love it. The gloss is a sheer peachy pink with the prettiest holographic, multidimensional shimmer I have ever seen - not at all garish or glittery. The texture of the gloss is sublime. The eyeshadow is a leaf green with shimmer - but again the shimmer seems different, a holographic sheen. It really brings out my blue/green eyes. The cream allover bronzer is the best of the three - it looks really warm but wait until you put it on. The texture is creamy, yet not greasy at all and it lasts. It actually gives a really smooth appearance to your cheeks. On me it is a golden peachy color, but not really warm at all. With the little bit of pinkness I already have in my cheeks this works beautifully - it tones it down a little, yet gives color, but does not look dirty like most bronzers. The shimmer is stunning in the bronzer also - very subtle, yet a beautiful sheen. I am planning on buying another one just in case this is not a permanent part of the line. For $65, and this includes an eyeshadow brush in the pallette, this is a steal. I really believe it would look good on anyone! Highly highly recommended. You can get this at any neiman marcus stores, or neimanmarcus.com