October 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Gels/Soaps - Elizabeth Arden - Green Tea Energizing Bath and Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love to use this shower gel as a hand wash. It's not too drying, and it smells amazing. I know it's expensive for a hand wash, but I try to get it as part of a set when I buy the Green Tea Perfume. That way I'm saving money. Sometimes it comes as part of the Elizabeth Arden Gift With Purchase too. Plus, a tiny bit goes a long way. So, it lasts a long time. I like to follow up with the matching body lotion as a hand cream as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Fresh and clean smelling, this is a great smelling basic shower gel. It reminds me so much of warm summer days, I do love this fragrance! I do think it is overpriced ($13.00 for 6fl. oz. I think) and I wouldn't buy this in preference to a cheaper brand, but I got a full size free with a recent Elizabeth Arden order. I would be happy to find this cheaper somewhere (or get another free one) but it's not something I would go out and buy for myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got very disappointed to know that it has PARABENS! The smell is a bit artificial, but OK in general. I bought a L'occitane one which is way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't particularly like change. Also, since I don't like having a lot of "stuff", I end up not having a lot of variety in my possessions. What I'm trying to say is, I have used exactly one perfume for the past 10+ years: Elizabeth Arden Green Tea.

The shower gel came as part of a gift set (perfume, gel, and lotion). I never used the gel until the past weekend, when long days of hiking ended with me leaning tiredly under the flow of hot water. Rubbing down with this gel seemed the height of luxury.

My gosh, do I ever love this smell. I find it simultaneously soothing- relaxing- comforting AND energizing- uplifting- exhilarating. I'll be an Elizabeth Arden Green Tea fan till kingdom come, I swear.

Con:
- unlike other reviewers, I did not find it lathered well at all
- would have preferred the gel to be dispensed in greater volume
- that lovely smell seemed to last exactly as long as my shower

That seems to be the consensus on EA Green Tea. Wonderful scent, terrible lasting power. So, enjoy this gel if you get it as part of a set. Don't buy it on its own. That's my $0.02.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by s2dreamer

I can't believe it - with continual use of this product over a couple of weeks, my skin has broken out in allergic and itchy rashes all over my body! I think it's the heavy perfume in this product that has caused a reaction. It's a surprise because I've never been allergic to any skincare or body wash products. This happened with both the body lotion and the body wash!

Will never buy again! chucking my bottles out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I think this shower gel is not bad. The smell is rather neutral. It feels nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Beccaboo28

This is an okay shower gel. I like the floral green tea scent, and it doesn't dry out my skin. But I find it doesn't foam up that much. I find I have to use a lot of product to get the result I want. I probably would not re-purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2004 5:43:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I don't even list this in my Diary because it is my shower gel of choice and I always have it on hand. This stuff is simply the best wake up and get to work shower gel out there. I don't like any other Green Tea scented product but this one! It does lather up quite well. lasts a long time, and the price $8-$12 depending on where and when you buy it, is quite reasonable for the quality. Have tried imiatations, always go back for the real thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by superboink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply love the smell of this gel. It smells so much like its perfume counterpart that it doesn't matter if I forget to put on the perfume! The fragrance also lasts on the skin even after shedding quite some sweat. It bubbles up so nicely and feels so refreshing that I buy my new supply way way before the bottle I'm consuming goes empty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 4:55:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

Same fresh green tea scent as the fragrance and the body lotion, in a green colored gel form. To my surprise, this shower gel lathers quite well and is indeed very energizing. The scent in shower makes me feel totally clean and refreshed.