July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - Purpose - Gentle Cleansing Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used a whole bottle of this and I use it as the cleanser for the regimen. It's gentle, lathers nicely, isn't too drying, and smells kind of like baby shampoo/soap. Also, the Clean & Clear sensitive skin cleanser is mostly identical to this but cheaper, but I prefer the Purpose one. The Purpose's lather isn't as rich and the Clean & Clear smells like chamomile which I don't really like. If not picky and want to save a buck go with the C&C but I will stick with this one in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

BOTTOM LINE: You buy cheap, you get cheap. It really softens skin and makes pores smaller. However, with the good comes the bad; if you aren't careful you risk deep, harder-to-get-out blackheads and inflamed, super-red acne pimples that aren't very attractive. I rarely have a problem with breakouts but boy did this take the cake for mean pimples once I started using. Also, I noticed wrinkles on my face showing up much more (possibly due to the fact that it dried the heck out of my skin). I gave it a month before I finally gave up on this :( I am sad to say that I cannot write such great things about this cleanser as others have been able to say. I used this with my Clarisonic and sure, it felt like a dream on my face (especially when it came to rinsing off my freshly clean-feeling, smooth face). However, it is cheap. You buy cheap, you get cheap. Especially if you are a gal with sensitive skin. Skip this if you are serious about your skin. I have learned that cleansers definitely are one thing you cannot be cheap on! They say to take great care of your skin when you are in your twenties so wrinkles and acne marks one thing all women definitely do not need. Hope this helps! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried many MANY different cleansers and this one by far is one of the best, as far as basics go. A no fail facial cleanser that removes everything without drying/ irritating the skin. I do prefer my good ol Dove Beauty Bar but Purpose is a great choice also, when I'm not using cleansing milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My dermatologist recommended I use this because I have sensitive skin. Well... I've been using it for 15 years now. I've tried many other brands of face wash, towelettes, pads, etc and I have yet to find anything better. It's extremely gentle, yet very effective at removing makeup/oil and doesn't leave any residue. It's actually so gentle that I don't even notice when it gets in my eyes! I don't know why people complain about the scent. It's barely noticeable and doesn't linger at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why, but after every time I use this, my skin breaks out like crazy. I've given it a plethora of second chances, but it fails me every time. Half of it leaked the first week I bought it. Although it broke me out, it didn't dry my skin out, which almost every product does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't know why I have gone so crazy for years battling my acne purchasing every acne product possibly available, even prescription acne medications. This face wash was given to me as a sample by my dermatologist and believe it or not, it actually cleared my skin even though it is not targeted towards acne at all, it's so gentle and scent free it didn't irritate my skin which is why I think I had acne in the first place from the other cleansers I was trying! This cleanser is so absolutely underrated and so amazing! It gets every bit of my makeup off and leaves my face feeling so fresh, toned and super clean! A holy grail product right here!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by RNBill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this face cleanser for years and I think it's probably the most gentle one on the market. I have used the scented and un-scented versions and I prefer the un-scented. I do notice sometimes my skin feels dry after using it, but I have attributed that dryness to over exposure to sun or just dehydration because my skin doesn't always feel dry after washing with this product. I also think that water quality might be a factor because I travel a lot and have lived in several different states with very different levels of water softness and quality. I usually use just one pump of the bottle to wash my face, ears, and neck so the bottle lasts about 3-4 weeks. I recently noticed a larger size bottle on the shelf for convenience. One thing I have noticed is that this bottle doesn't travel well, you have to pump it down and turn the nozzle to lock it or it will leak all over if not standing in an upright position. That is really my only complaint, so I have purchased a small travel bottle with a flip up cap that I fill with face cleanser for travel, problem solved.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! This is the best cleanser period for any skin type. I have acne and have always used acne formulated cleansers and decided to stop because they weren't helping my acne. I've had acne for about 10 years im 22 now and my face looks so much healthier since switching to this cleanser. This cleanses your skin without over drying and its so gentle on the skin. I have spent thousands of dollars on acne cleanser from high end brands to drugstore. This is def my Holy Grail Cleanser will not change. I def recommend it to everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this cleanser a few times over the years. It does remove makeup and get skin clean, but it's too thick, highly scented, leaves a film, and irritated my skin. After a few uses it made my skin feel too dry as well. Not good for sensitive skin at all. Skip this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the same exact product as Clean and Clear sensitive skin foaming cleanser. Ingredients are the same and go figure they are both manufactured by Johnson&Johnson. I've used it on and off for years. Smells like baby Head to Toe wash which I think ingredients in that are also the same. Check it out. I don't have no negatives to say about this cleanser. If I wasn't so damn curious about new cleansers I
may still be using only this, but its in my medicine cabinet. One thing I do l love is that it doesn't break me out makes my skin feel simply clean, and does NOT burn my eyes. One concern is the Quanternium 15 which I did read somewhere was formaldehyde releasing. Paulas website lists the Clean and Clear to be one of the best buys at the drugstore. Last time I checked the Purpose clean and clear and head to toe baby wash all had the same ingredients in them and the same exact scent. If they haven't changed anything.