Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [2016]

This is my HG face wash. It is extremely gentle for my sensitive, acne prone, dry skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was hoping this cleanser would work for me. I got a large bottle (with 33% more product) for a decent price. The smell isn't unpleasant but it's really strong. Despite it claiming to be gentle it really dried out my skin. On a good note, it cleared up all my red acne bumps but I quit using it for fear my skin would start over compensating oil production due to the extreme drying effect it had on my face. Guess I'll be using this as a body or hand wash till I get rid of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I REALLY wanted to like this, b/c this cleanser cleanses well and can probably remove a moderate amount of makeup. However, for me (maybe b/c I have sensitive skin) it doesn't feel as nice on the skin as Cetaphil or Purpose does. Also, if you're sensitive to fragrances, do not use this product. I've recently discovered that I do have such a sensitivity. Other than that, this product would be great for someone else.

I use this when I run out of my Paula's Choice cleanser, it removes makeup but is a little bit drying to my sensitive skin.

I Looove This Cleanserr! And the Price too Hahaaa...When I first bought this cleanser I was Like "eh whatever, Atleast I have a cleanser" But Then I started seeing An improvement in my skin, I do have Combination skin my cheeks are Normal My t-zone gets Realllly Oilyy! It's crazy how oily it can get , I do have acne . However this product did not break me out I was happy for that :) It seemed To control my oily skin to. My skin started clearing up I was really impressed . At first I thought It wasn't going to Do anything impressive but I guess I was wrong! I used to just Apply The Cleanser And work it through my whole face, well now I Mix the cleanser with a little bit of water And Its Waaay Better than Just washing it alone and not mixing it with a little bit of water .. I used it wrong for a while .. My face feels smoother.. And I love that it removes all My makeup.. I will repurchase this product I really recommend this. :)

This doesn't really do anything. It feels like it doesn't clean your face at all which I'm sure some people enjoy, but personally I feel like I'm rubbing fragrance on my face. It didn't help with my acne whatsoever which I am aware that it isn't meant to, but while using this my skin did get significantly worse considering I am already a walking pimple palace and acne scar,

I don't understand all the good reviews. This stuff was garbage for me. Did not clean my makeup (I do not wear much) and did not rinse clean, leaving a slippery film on my face. I will use the rest as hand soap.

After reading tons of reviews on this, I knew I had to try it at least once! Just a backstory on my skin, it's acne prone, oily around my nose/chin and drier on my cheeks/forehead. I used to have cystic acne along my jawline a few years ago but it cleared up and now all that's left is a few red marks.

I bought this cleanser because I wanted something gentle, and would get all my makeup off at night. The first night I tried it I thought wow, this stuff is awesome! My face didn't feel dried out at all, and it felt softer. However...the next day I noticed a few red spots under my skin in places I NEVER break out. There was a few on my cheeks, nose and around my mouth. I know some people say it's just your skin getting used to a new cleanser, and maybe "purging" so I tried it one more night. The next morning those little red dots had turned into whiteheads. I know my skin better than anyone, and I knew I had to stop using it or else it would get worse. I've only tried a few other face products in the past that did this to me and it's just my skin not liking something in the ingredients.

I actually looked more into the ingredients, and it says soap free. Now, I don't know what companies consider "soap" but it does have SLS in it. And apparently quaternium 15 is a formaldehyde releaser? What?! That alone makes me want to stop using it, even if my skin didn't freak out like it did.

I know this has a cult following, but it just didn't agree with me. I bought the Cerave foaming cleanser and so far that is great!

I have used this cleanser consistently for over a year now and have repurchased many times, simply because I have yet to find anything that compares.

It's not a "holy-crap-this-cleared-my-skin-in-days" kind of thing, but a simple, every day cleanser that cleans effectively.

I do have naturally dry skin, so it's hard to tell whether or not it's the cleanser that leaves the tight and dry feeling after washing. I may switch to another cleanser just to compare and contrast but I have a feeling I will end up coming back to this one.

It's not incredibly cheap, but not as expensive as some of the cleansers out there. Can find it pretty much anywhere but it's almost always sold out at Walmart and Target! Also, I've tried the bar soap version of this and it is NOT the same!! Overall it's a good simple cleanser that won't break out acne-prone people (like me).

UPDATE: I have switched to an all natural cleanser (raw honey) and my skin has improved so much and the dryness has pretty much disappeared. This is a good basic cleanser but since eliminated toxic chemicals from my facial routine my skin has been so much happier!

I have repurchased this a million times, I love it. It's definitely my holy grail cleanser. It really is gentle, and it removes makeup which is a huge plus for me, I like being able to just wash my face and be done at night. Plus I save money on having to buy a separate product to remove eye makeup.