April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Cleansers - Purpose - Gentle Cleansing Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this cleanser a few times over the years. It does remove makeup and get skin clean, but it's too thick, highly scented, leaves a film, and irritated my skin. After a few uses it made my skin feel too dry as well. Not good for sensitive skin at all. Skip this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the same exact product as Clean and Clear sensitive skin foaming cleanser. Ingredients are the same and go figure they are both manufactured by Johnson&Johnson. I've used it on and off for years. Smells like baby Head to Toe wash which I think ingredients in that are also the same. Check it out. I don't have no negatives to say about this cleanser. If I wasn't so damn curious about new cleansers I
may still be using only this, but its in my medicine cabinet. One thing I do l love is that it doesn't break me out makes my skin feel simply clean, and does NOT burn my eyes. One concern is the Quanternium 15 which I did read somewhere was formaldehyde releasing. Paulas website lists the Clean and Clear to be one of the best buys at the drugstore. Last time I checked the Purpose clean and clear and head to toe baby wash all had the same ingredients in them and the same exact scent. If they haven't changed anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Paigems

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used purpose for such a long time; probably about 10 years. I considered it my HG cleanser until recently when I discovered it's the culprit of the clogs on my cheeks. I have no complaints about Purpose cleans or makes my skin feel, but I can no longer use it because I'll get clogs. I still think this would be a great cleanser, though, for someone whose skin is not easily dried out or clog prone.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by KimMonroe

My first issue with this cleanser is the scent. I know its made by Johnson & Johnson, but I think that baby shampoo scent is way too strong for a facial cleanser. Secondly, I don’t see how this cleanser is “as gentle as water” as it is described. My face turned bright red and felt extremely tight and dry after use and that is the a big no no. It does lather good and it seemed like it cleaned well, it just completely stripped my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This gets all the makeup off my face and leaves no residue behind. I love the thick, creamy texture and it's very gentle but works great! Plus it's not very expensive (I got mine for around $6 at Ulta) and lasts a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by elacey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best I have found. It gets all my makeup off and doesn't aggravate my super sensitive skin. I usually break out very easily (like every time I try a new facial product), but with this cleanser I have no breakouts! I wash my face with just my hands for a couple minutes, vs scrubbing or using a washcloth, etc, so as to not strip my skin. This stuff is super gentle and still effective! I have found it at Target and Rite Aid :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Salt8life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This would have been a great cleanser if it didnt cause cystic acne on my chin after 4 days. Had to stop using it before it had got worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like it because it broke me out. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Daiseymay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good product. I like it because it doesn't burn my Eyes and it doesn't make my face dry or tight. I am currently using this wash with the clearisil vanishing acne cream and this routine seems to work well. Both are good costs and they have cleared up my skin in the 2 days I have been using them both. I do recommend this duo but you may also experience dry skin with the clearisil vanishing acne cream so I suggest using a moisturizer. I hope you try this and use it for the clearsil and I hope it works on you like I did!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my acne.org cleanser and decides to pick this up from Target. I used this for about a week (the time it took to ship my other cleanser) Made me breakout into cystic acne. As soon as i stopped using it, breakouts went away. Didnt foam enough for me, didnt work well with my clairsonic, will not repurchase. Gave it one lippie cause it did remove my eye makeup