November 23, 2014 | 2021 users online

Cleansers - Purpose - Gentle Cleansing Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser that removes makeup without leaving behind a milky residue. When I use this, I truly feel that my makeup has been removed and my skin feels clean. No over-drying feeling, no scent, and lathers well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by cgarcia5

I absolutely love this cleanser! It's definitely great for those with sensitive skin. It kept the pimples away and it also leaves your face really soft and clean. It's soap free, it's gentle and it's hypoallergenic. I keep coming back to this product after I'm done trying new ones. I would most definitely recommend it and keep on repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by marcy93

After a really horrible bout of acne I decided to switch to more gentle products, since I realized I have very sensitive skin. After about 2 weeks of consistently using this cleanser morning and night, I realized that I have developed a plethora of tiny bumps all over my face. Sadly, I realized this was the culprit after I took it out of my skincare routine.
So to anyone who has sensitive, clog-prone skin I would probably find an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Minksy17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't had a break out in a long time, like a few years. I would have a blemish here or there but never a full on breakout. I had switched my face wash cause what I had been using was over drying my skin, I bought something from the Biore line and my chin broke out horribly. I was at a total loss, I had been hearing great things about this face wash from magazines and user reviews so I decided to give it a try. I don't think I will ever use any other face wash again. It has a very light scent but not at all overwhelming and I can wash my face twice a day without my face getting too dry. My skin has been clearing up nicely, and my pores have noticeably shrunk.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by settlebaby

This is my go-to everyday cleanser. When I don't currently have an acne breakout, I use this daily in the shower and to take off my makeup. It doesn't clog my pores or leave a nasty film behind. When my hormonal, stress acne begins to flare up, I alternate between this and a salicylic acid cleanser. I honestly feel like this is just glorified baby wash, but I continue to buy it anyway. It doesn't dry out my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cici13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as my cleanser for the acne.org regimen. It removes makeup, smells light and pleasant and lathers well. I also love that it dispenses from a pump. I can't really attest to whether this would clear up acne on its own since I apply benzoyl peroxide after washing but it is a really gentle cleanser that doesn't leave my face feeling tight and dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like many acne-prone people, I've shelled out a lot of money in the search for products that wouldn't cause or exacerbate pimples, irritation, redness, etc. I'm also someone that likes to sample many different products, in the hope of finding something miraculous. This cleanser is miraculous in its own way. I've been using it for approximately one year and unless the formula changes dramatically, I don't forsee myself switching this out for something else. It is incredibly gentle, yet does a great job removing makeup. There is no discernable scent, and I can even use it to remove eye makeup with no burning. Since I was 22 (I'm nearly 29), I've battled pretty severe cystic acne and oily, but dehydrated skin. In the recent months, my skin has calmed down considerably and has become somewhat drier. Despite this change, Purpose is still well-suited to my cleansing needs and does not seem to cause additional dryness. I'll be moving to an arid climate in December, so time will tell if this cleanser is still appropriate for my needs then. However, I have a strong hunch that I'll continue to use this for years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for probably 2-3 months and I just don't think it was good for my sensitive skin. It did take off all my makeup and left my skin feeling soft, but it contains fragrance in it. That is a huge no-no for my sensitive skin. I want something as gentle as possible so I always make sure to avoid skincare products with fragrance in them.
If you don't have sensitive skin then I would definitely get this because it was a great cleanser otherwise.

I'm currently using Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin and it's great. No added fragrance and makes my skin feel soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice gentle cleanser that has neither broken out nor completely dried out my sensitive, acne prone, over forty skin. I use this or the cleanser from acne.org-which I have reviewed as well.
The advantage of this cleanser over the acne.org is one of sheer convenience...I can find this almost anywhere as opposed to mail order.
Definitely a must try for anyone searching for a basic cleanser...no need to drop lots of money on your facial cleanser! Save your money for great skin care products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this while on vaca since I forgot my Neutrogena fresh foaming face wash and I'm a convert. It is less drying and much gentler on my rosacea.