September 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Purpose - Gentle Cleansing Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cici13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as my cleanser for the acne.org regimen. It removes makeup, smells light and pleasant and lathers well. I also love that it dispenses from a pump. I can't really attest to whether this would clear up acne on its own since I apply benzoyl peroxide after washing but it is a really gentle cleanser that doesn't leave my face feeling tight and dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like many acne-prone people, I've shelled out a lot of money in the search for products that wouldn't cause or exacerbate pimples, irritation, redness, etc. I'm also someone that likes to sample many different products, in the hope of finding something miraculous. This cleanser is miraculous in its own way. I've been using it for approximately one year and unless the formula changes dramatically, I don't forsee myself switching this out for something else. It is incredibly gentle, yet does a great job removing makeup. There is no discernable scent, and I can even use it to remove eye makeup with no burning. Since I was 22 (I'm nearly 29), I've battled pretty severe cystic acne and oily, but dehydrated skin. In the recent months, my skin has calmed down considerably and has become somewhat drier. Despite this change, Purpose is still well-suited to my cleansing needs and does not seem to cause additional dryness. I'll be moving to an arid climate in December, so time will tell if this cleanser is still appropriate for my needs then. However, I have a strong hunch that I'll continue to use this for years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for probably 2-3 months and I just don't think it was good for my sensitive skin. It did take off all my makeup and left my skin feeling soft, but it contains fragrance in it. That is a huge no-no for my sensitive skin. I want something as gentle as possible so I always make sure to avoid skincare products with fragrance in them.
If you don't have sensitive skin then I would definitely get this because it was a great cleanser otherwise.

I'm currently using Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin and it's great. No added fragrance and makes my skin feel soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice gentle cleanser that has neither broken out or completely dried out my sensitive, acne prone, over forty skin. I use this or the cleanser form acne.org-which I have reviewed as well.
The advantage of this cleanser over the acne.org is one of sheer convenience...I can find this almost anywhere as opposed to mail order.
Definitely a must try for anyone searching for a basic cleanser...no need to drop lots of money on your facial cleanser! Save your money for great skin care products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this while on vaca since I forgot my Neutrogena fresh foaming face wash and I'm a convert. It is less drying and much gentler on my rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used a whole bottle of this and I use it as the cleanser for the regimen. It's gentle, lathers nicely, isn't too drying, and smells kind of like baby shampoo/soap. Also, the Clean & Clear sensitive skin cleanser is mostly identical to this but cheaper, but I prefer the Purpose one. The Purpose's lather isn't as rich and the Clean & Clear smells like chamomile which I don't really like. If not picky and want to save a buck go with the C&C but I will stick with this one in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

BOTTOM LINE: You buy cheap, you get cheap. It really softens skin and makes pores smaller. However, with the good comes the bad; if you aren't careful you risk deep, harder-to-get-out blackheads and inflamed, super-red acne pimples that aren't very attractive. I rarely have a problem with breakouts but boy did this take the cake for mean pimples once I started using. Also, I noticed wrinkles on my face showing up much more (possibly due to the fact that it dried the heck out of my skin). I gave it a month before I finally gave up on this :( I am sad to say that I cannot write such great things about this cleanser as others have been able to say. I used this with my Clarisonic and sure, it felt like a dream on my face (especially when it came to rinsing off my freshly clean-feeling, smooth face). However, it is cheap. You buy cheap, you get cheap. Especially if you are a gal with sensitive skin. Skip this if you are serious about your skin. I have learned that cleansers definitely are one thing you cannot be cheap on! They say to take great care of your skin when you are in your twenties so wrinkles and acne marks one thing all women definitely do not need. Hope this helps! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried many MANY different cleansers and this one by far is one of the best, as far as basics go. A no fail facial cleanser that removes everything without drying/ irritating the skin. I do prefer my good ol Dove Beauty Bar but Purpose is a great choice also, when I'm not using cleansing milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My dermatologist recommended I use this because I have sensitive skin. Well... I've been using it for 15 years now. I've tried many other brands of face wash, towelettes, pads, etc and I have yet to find anything better. It's extremely gentle, yet very effective at removing makeup/oil and doesn't leave any residue. It's actually so gentle that I don't even notice when it gets in my eyes! I don't know why people complain about the scent. It's barely noticeable and doesn't linger at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why, but after every time I use this, my skin breaks out like crazy. I've given it a plethora of second chances, but it fails me every time. Half of it leaked the first week I bought it. Although it broke me out, it didn't dry my skin out, which almost every product does.