October 24, 2014 | 1607 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - White Lucent Protective Moistuizer SPF 16

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jnys

I have been using this product for as long as I can remember, easily more than 6 years and the only reason I keep going back to it is because my mum keeps buying them so I had a constant and free supply at my disposal. However, I have to admit that while it doesn't break me out or anything, it also doesn't fade any pigmentation whatsoever and I'm still quite freckly on my cheeks and nose. I've tried the White Lucent Cream, White Lucent Gel and this Emulsion and for my dry skin coupled with the dry Australian climate, I think this emulsion works the best. The overly rich cream clogged my pores and didn't seem to be as easily absorbed. However, now that I'm almost 30, the moisturising benefits of the emulsion seem to have lessened. What I do like about it is that:

1) They've changed the packaging to a pump bottle (how horrible and heavy was that clunky glass bottle?!)
2) It has SPF for days when I don't want to put on any makeup even though SPF 16 is negligible
3) I don't know if its genetic or this emulsion, but everyone tells me I've got really good skin. Its generally clear, smooth and non-visible pores.

Cons:
1) No obvious lightening of pigmentation
2) Not effective as a moisturiser for drier skin types

I'm going to be looking for a new moisturiser now but I'd recommend this range for oily Asian skin that's dull, sallow and not sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This daytime moisturizer has a low spf but does protect my skin somewhat under makeup. I always use a makeup with an spf as well. This moisturizer goes with the other white lucent products I use to promote lightening and brightening of my skin. It seems adequate, goes on smoothly, sinks in well and does not cause undue shine during the day - even in the hot climate of NC during the summer.
I would prefer a pump bottle for quicker application and less chance of contamination - and they newer bottles from Shisheido are much better. I will purchase again if it comes in a pump bottle. I know the creams are a little harder to work with in a bottle so I may have to keep buying it in a jar. I try to use the plastic dip applicator as much as possible to keep the product from getting contaminated. I love the White lucent line so far and have been using it for 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

EDIT- I truly believe in this line now! After 6 weeks of use, I see the difference. My old dark spots are gone and my recent pimple spots are lightening in the process. I really have to buy the intensive serum to speed up the results. The protective cream really softens my skin but since itnhas SPF, I use thinner layer if I'll wear makeup. Overall, this is just another Shiseido line that proved itself to me. I'll repurchase!!!

I'm using this with the cleanser & balancing softener, as with all Shiseido skincare I've used, White Lucent have the comforting scent to my nose which gives pleasure while using them. I had stress related pimples lately so I decided to shift from Bio-Performance (which I love!) to White Lucent in hopes of diminishing spots. It helped heal & lighten a bit but I don't think this can erase my spots totally unless I use the serum in this line. I try not to use this cream under makeup coz I'm oily, it will work perfect for dry skin. I like the luminizing effect it gives but my oily skin can become unforgiving hours after putting makeup on.There are cheaper alternatives in the market if you want the real whitening stuff. But this is great cream if u want that luminous & healthy skin finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by shellyec

I've been using White Lucent Brightening Protective Cream with SPF 15 for a few years now. I started using it to even out my skin tone because my cheeks were much lighter than my (brown) face due to a skin condition I got while overseas. It has worked and I continue to use it. I don't think it can remove any drastic blemishes, but it helped me even out slight discoloration. I only wish it was cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by duncansmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the White Lucent Night cream. It's FABULOUS! Makes my skin luminous and healthy looking! I can honestly say it makes me look younger, no joke. I have fair, sensitive skin. This does not annoy it and my skin looks clearer and fresher now. I will definitely purchase this again.
It was so good I did purchase the day cream. Also excellent with same results.
A cost effective alternative to La Prarie items

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by 3SillyJilly

Product is sticky, I like the spf but it feels heavy and sticky. It also stays sticky on my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by KandEandS

This is nice and creamy.. but it didnt help me get rid of some of my freckles and some dark spots on my face and I used it for almost a year just to see if it really need some time but still it didnt. Huge disappointment. and when sometimes i dont wear foundation just high beam from benefit it makes it run, and also made my eye primer run/smear as well because it doesnt sink in right away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't do anything to lighten skin or pigmentation marks. It has some sun protection factor in it that might prevent more darkening of the face but honestly you can buy a tube of a higher spf for half the price of this so I wouldn't suggest you get it for those reason.
As a moisturizer, I don't find it to be so good. For some reason I feel that it doesn't absorb very well and makes my face produce more oil throughout the day. My foundation doesn't seem to sit very well on top of this either.
Does nothing for plumping skin and reducing fine lines.
You can get better face products in your supermarket that will score better for sun-protection and anti-aging believe me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by deepa12

I love this product so much that I decided to use it for life . But I guess they discontinued this as I don't find it anywhere. :( :( It has light reflecting brightening powder which gives the skin an instant luminous glow . And you don't need a foundation. I wish Shiseido start selling this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(Reviewing the stupid glass bottle version - I believe they may have changed the packaging but correct me if I am wrong. The glass bottle is just ridiculous and difficult to use.)
A decent moisturiser that is light enough to work with my oily/combo skin and leaves my face feeling smooth like a baby's bottom. I really can't say for sure if it has a long term whitening effect, but the initial application leaves a sort of temporary "glow". Something about the consistency of this lotion works for me, I find it very easy to spread and easily absorbed with no stickiness. It works wonderfully under any foundation I use and the little bit of SPF can only help. Not a HG but I will use it till I discover something better.