December 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Plump your pucker in Ruby My Grapefruit

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by thefaircw

I really like this lip gloss. I wear it over whatever lipstick I have on; it doesn't have much color on its own, which is fine with me. I like the way it smells and tastes (so does my hubby!). I don't notice much a tingling sensation, which is good; I had tried another plumper (LipVenom) that was just too much for me, so I was relieved to find this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks Pinky-red in the tube but comes out very sheer with lots of sparkle/shimmer on my lips. Slight tingling sensation, but it does NOT burn my lips! Not too sticky or gooey like some glosses. Nice enough but nothing tooo special.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tanyak27

This is a great lip gloss! I love gloss in general - I constantly buy them - and I have not come across one this satisfying in a long time. It has a great smell, goes on fairly smoothly, is not sticky, stays on well (relative to other glosses of similar consistency), looks good (nice, barely-there color), and makes my lips soft! I would definitely buy this gloss again. I really love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This looks like a light red in the tube, but is essentially clear on my pigmented lips. It adds some shine and a little touch of silver microsparkle that's subtle and not tacky. The texture is nice--neither sticky nor slippery. There is a sweet, faux grapefruit scent that's not too strong and no taste. I feel a very slight tingling sensation upon initial application that lasts for maybe five minutes. It's not at all painful or unpleasant.

As you might expect, this gloss does absolutely nothing to plump your lips (except maybe make them appear fuller in the way that all shiny lip glosses do) but it's a nice product besides that. Just nothing particularly special.

The price is a little steep, though, for what it is, especially since the tube is pretty danged small. I wouldn't get another of these. It's very easy to find a good drugstore substitute if all you're looking for is a shiny, almost-clear gloss (Prestige's Light Shine glosses, for example, have a similar look and texture, no scent or taste and are like, 1/3 of the price of this gloss for about twice the amount of product).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by soradical

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't like this gloss - I thought it was a little hard to apply and did not apply smoothly but once it was applied, I really liked how soft and glossy my lips were! I love the smell and it's a must have before I leave the house in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by nora123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great as a gloss, and as a plumper!! I tried it on at the store and it gave my lips a tingly, refreshing sensation, not the stinging I expected from a lip plumper. It takes a little while to work, but my friend and I both noticed a definite change in size of our lips after about ten minutes. The color is really pretty too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by munkeegurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually wouldn't have even thought to get a grapefruit lipgloss, but I got the set of mini neutrals & this came with them. It is my fave of the bunch! The color is ylbb with a little sparkle, but nothing too shimmery. I like to use it when I'm going for a more natural look or when I want to play up my eyes. And the tingle is addicting! I love this & never want to have to do without it again. I had to get a big one to slip in my bag. I will keep buying this as long as they make it, & will be at a loss if ever they stop.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Sasquatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a pretty lipgloss. It's a very light coral with some sparkles in it, but it manages not to look or feel like you've put glitter on your lips - it's very smooth. I love the grapefruit taste and find it a refreshing change from all the minty glosses out there. I find that while it doesn't add a lot of color, it makes me look very polished when I put it on. My sole complaint is that the tiny wand doesn't pick up a lot of product and I end up dipping it at least four times for one application. But overall I like this product and this brand and will be repurchasing Ruby My Grapefruit as well as some other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by hail_to_the_pharaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would buy this again, only because its one of my standard glosses that I keep around. The color is a barely there pink tint, to be honest with you I think that there is no tint noticeable when you apply it, it just reacts with your lips after a few minutes and makes them appear pinker. It leaves a nice fine shimmer (not too much) and it smells really nice to (it may be me and my 'acquired scents' personality though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by BeastieGirl5

I don't know how well it plumps (seriously, nothing plumps unless it is injected...) but this is a seriously good lipgloss. It is very moisturizing, and gives the perfect, match anything sheery peachy pink. I carry it in my purse and have almost finished a whole tube. It's pretty fantastic!