Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 8/27/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference I have dehydrated skin prone to clogged pores. I get flakies on my cheeks regularly but I struggle to get moisture that won't clog me. I bought this, loved the packaging. The smell is awful and it does nothing to moisturize my skin. My flakes are worse, my skin feels tighter. I have tried this with a HA serum under it, adding rose hip oil to it and noooothing makes it better for me. I thought maybe for the summer I would need less moisture so this would be good but nope. So for me it was a waste of money.

on 8/27/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Since I have crazy oily skin, I'm fairly new to the moisturizer world. I used Garnier gel moisturizer at first and I wasn't a fan of the unhygenic pot and it just didn't feel moisturizing, then I tried Sephora's matte mositurizer/sunscreen which I really liked but I wasn't sure if it was really all that moisturizing. I like to try new things so I can really get a feel for what works for me personally so I tried this out and I actually really enjoy it.

It's my happy medium between the two moisturizers I mentioned above. It's gel like consistency makes it light application, nonsticky, and nongreasy but it also keeps me matte AND moisturized. It makes my skin feel fresh, soft, and hydrated but not oily or matte to the point of dryness. It makes me WANT to moisturize because I feel like it truly is adding benefit to my skin. No breakouts and I've used it for about 6 months now too.

The only con I can say is that it is fairly expensive. However this moisturizer is so light an easy to spread, I usually don't need much, so I feel like my little bottle will last me at least a year. So I think it's pretty fair at the end of the day. Also it doesn't have sunscreen which I know is important to some, but for me it's not as I use a different sunscreen. And I don't think this would work well with dry skin, but definitely a winner for oily gals.

Overall I will keep this as a staple in my skincare regimen.

on 8/26/2015 9:43:00 PM

The formula feels great and its very refreshing to apply, however somewhat sticky after setting.

But I would not repurchase this because of the ingredients. Its expensive, and just a regular moisturiser (regular isn't a bad thing, it does moisturise like its supposed to). But I rely on retinol A and sunscreen in morning now, and Arbutin products at night - and I wish I had known about it earlier, I only started doing this in my late 20's and have been using ordinary moisturisers and nothing else all my life. I am seeing the benefits already and can only imagine what I would look like had I protected my skin from childhood. Bleh! I envy the teenagers today who have the internet and a billion reviews to help them. I didn't even know the dangers of sun exposure before I was like, 22.

on 8/26/2015 5:18:00 PM

Love it!!

on 8/23/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As a person with annoyingly oily skin, this product has become my holy grail moisturizer. I used to be one of those people that skipped the moisturizing step because I thought that would cut down on facial oil (and boy, was I wrong), but then one of the employees at the Clinique counter gave me a sample of this stuff and WOW. It's AMAZING. It isn't goopy like most moisturizers I've tried and doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. It feels nice, light, and refreshing, yet still does a very good job at moisturizing. I've found that it also makes a pretty good primer underneath liquid foundation, because it smoothes out the skin right after you apply it. Not what it's advertised for, but hey, if you can find another use for a product, why not? I've used this morning and night for nearly five years now and have never had any kinds of problems as far as break outs go. It's super gentle and has a nice, mild smell. The ONLY cons to this product are that it's relatively expensive (around $21 for 4.2 oz) and the packaging makes it difficult to get out once the product gets down to the bottom. But other than that? This product is amazing, and if you have oily skin and you're looking for a moisturizer, I would definitely recommend this!

on 8/23/2015 2:17:00 PM

Despite the steep price, this moisturizer is totally worth it for skin that is slightly oilier than normal. I used to find that I would typically start to get shiny around the early afternoon, but with this gel, I don't have to blot as much over the course of the day. I've been using this for about 5 years, and I've never felt like it's caused breakouts or issues with my skin. It's light-weight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly, and goes well under makeup. Would definitely recommend!

on 8/20/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this since it was for oily skin. This gel caused my skin to feel tight and created extra lines on my face. My skin did not become dry but it wasn't moisturized since the product just kind of sat on my skin. It caused my skin to get extra oily as well. My skin is slightly oily on it's own, not a big deal, but this product made my skin look oily enough as if I'd been sweating all day. Stopped using this after a week and returned it. This made me sad because I like that it had a pump, was fragrance free and the price is a good deal for the large amount of product you get. Clinique needs to go back to the drawing board on this and the + lotion. Perhaps return to the original lotion recipe?

on 8/20/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this the past year or two and I really liked it. It's hydrating, but just a tad bit too greasy for my oily skin. Didn't really soothe my redness and it's not the best under makeup, but good enough to get by. Fragrance free so that's a plus for sensitive skin. Fair price for a good amount. Will repurchase if I can't find anything better.

on 8/10/2015 7:01:00 PM

I got this gel in a sample kit for type 3 skin. Didn't want to even use it at all as I always used very heavy cream and thought gel can not moisturize my skin enough. Although I have very oily T-zone my cheeks, neck and hair line are very dry. Well I gave a shot and was amazed! My skin feels very silky after applying and it soaks up in seconds! All my creams are in a bin now and this gel is the only moisturizer I've been using ever since!!

The only cons are it leaves my skin very dewy on my T-zone, I mean far to much, looks like layer of oil althought when I touch my skin I do not feel any there at all. Due to this I have to use a mattifier after the gel.

Also it's shame only the big package comes in the package with pump, I wish the smaller had the pump too rather than a normal tube package. But that's me being picky :)

In overall I give this product 4 lippies, one down cos of the too dewy finish (especially cos the gel is meant to be for oily/combo skin I would expect to get a full matt finish).

on 8/9/2015 10:19:00 AM

I dislike this because it is expensive but it doesn't moisturize my combination skin. It doesn't do much, except that it feels nice to apply. It isn't a very good base for my makeup either. I passed this along to my friend. I currently use the First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream, which I really like as my morning moisturizer.