November 27, 2014 | 1325 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This "cult classic" is such a sham! Read the ingredients - Mineral oil is second on the list, also high on the list is petrolatum and sesame oil. No wonder so many people are breaking out from this product! There aren't any ingredients that are actually beneficial to your skin in this. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by JLS1987

I have super sensitive, combination skin and this product is awesome! It's light and not too greasy. Quick absorbing and leaves skin soft while still allowing my face to "breathe".

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by SiaKou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to clinique 4 days ago to get the cleansing balm. I've never had any of their other products and this would be my first. After I got it the girl at the counter gave me samples of their 3 step skin care products to test them out. I liked the soap and the "toner" BUT the moisturizer was another story.

The product on the sample lasted for about 3 days THANK GOD FOR THAT. When I first tryed it I was head over heels with it already planning to go and buy the real thing. It made my face feel soft to the touch, well moisturized things the products I had before never did and because of that I gladly overlooked the fact that it also made feel like wearing a thin layer of oily-silicony mask above my skin. But it also healed all my previous scars and breakouts so I was happy. For one day. The 2nd day of using it I noticed little red bumps and also others hidden under my sking but I thought that they might were from other things. On the 3rd day though... all those bumps broke out into pimples all over my face and my skin is not even sensitive so I don't really know what to think about that!

So yeah i'm so glad I didn't spent any amount of money to actually get this and from all the reviews that I now read other ppl had the same problems. Also I think that I'll stay away form clinique in the future and their so called "hypoalergic/drugstore/organic" and whatever else they claim that their products are

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by catisblushing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this moisturizer back in April (2014) and after I started using it along with the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm, my skin was left in the worst condition it ever was. At the time I had just started venturing into the skincare world (before I just washed my face with water and put moisturizer for oily skin when I remembered) and this moisturizer seemed pretty popular so I went to Sephora and got it. Before I started to use it my skin was pretty clear (appart from the usual blackheads on my nose and chin, can't get rid of those even today with really nice skincare products), but it was severely dehydrated and it was completely matte.

I have combination skin that is very sensitive and acne-prone (mostly blackheads) so I thought this wouldn't clog up my pores... I was wrong. This did break me out but it wasn't only just that, this is completely innefficient at hydrating the skin! It does get absorbed instantly and leaves the skin feeling soft, but when I washed my faced at night there was a layer of moisturizer that melted off. I hated it. My skin doesn't get along with Clinique products, that's for sure, so I would advise anyone with sensitive acne-prone skin to ask for a sample of this before purchasing, so that you don't end up like me.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling soft.

Cons:
- Does not hydrate the skin properly.
- Leaves a film on the skin that comes off when you wash your face (too much silicone in the formula).
- Breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by linaqonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

perfect moisturizing gel for combination to oily skin. give it a try, cant explain longer because it's just so amazing. my HG moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

How on earth have I never tried this product before? I have always despised putting moisturiser on my already greasy face because it makes my skin look dirty and shiny even if it has been freshly washed. But at the same time, if I don't use moisturiser my skin will become even more oily throughout the day, leading to breakouts. So I'm happy to say that this lovely gel moisturises without a trace of greasiness. My face just looks very fresh and feels so soft. My skin is so much less oily throughout the day and my foundation still looks good after eight hours wear. And no breakouts! A simple but truly wonderful product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Ratten1996

Price is acceptable. Packaging is really convenient for a plump,so I don't have to dig my fingers into it.

I have normal skin. Its mild,cause no sign of allergy,and provide the right amount of moisture to my face. Fast absorbed and effective on soothing the skin,however, the consistency is kinda thick and oily which can be irritating as I stay in a tropical country.

Like Clinique moisture surge range better,so will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by zagooooo321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This moisturizer really worked but you have to wait for a while to see the results. When I used this I had fewer breakouts and my skin just looked healthy. It lasted me 7 months using it daily but sparingly. For the effect it was worth the price compared to my cheaper clean & clear which was just okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't really know what to say about this product
I have oily skin, it does moisturize, but it kind of gives my face an oily feel
When its summer i dislike this product for giving me the oily feel, but when its fall or winter i think it does the job.
so i will probably repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Vanille9

I finally found a perfect moisturizer for my skin. I have combination skin type and almost all moisturizers are making my pores look bigger and I look greasy even if I use mattyfing foundation. But I can still find some dry patches on my cheeks. I was a bit sceptical at first, because I thought that this gel consistention will be suitable only for very oily skin and my periferial parts of face will be dry. But I was wrong. I am using it more than two weeks and my skin looks healthy but not oily and I dont have any red patches on my skin. It is probably because of the fragrance free and non allergenic ingredients. The packaging is okay, it is not so important for me, if the content is perfect. I will definitely keep buying this moisturizer.