Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. It felt refreshing on my skin and it did sink in well but it dramatically irritated my eyes. This is an issue I have with most clinique products. Also for £30 I expected this product to do something more than just moisturize my face, I get the same effect from my £3 Nivea moisturizer.
I would advise people not to waste their money on this and buy a drug store moisturizer that does the same job.

I am torn about this product. I got it at Sephora for 26.00$ and for the price you get a lot of product. 4 ounces. I use this at night because I use an Spf moisturizer durning the day, and it does make your skin soft. Very soft. And it has no scent which is a huge plus. The pump bottle is awesome. But.... I just don't feel like this actually does anything for your skin. Other than making it soft. I have combo acne prone skin and it hasn't broken me out. All in all it is great on all fronts. I just like a moisturizer that actually does something. Improves texture etc and this doesn't seem to do that. I won't repurchase only because of that. But if you are looking for something to make skin soft this is it

I loved it. I like the effect once you put the gel on your face. Very soothing. I just think its pricy, but worth purchasing another if i ran out

I don't understand why everyone loves this so much. I hated it. It wasn't even bad enough to harm me..nothing interesting..nothing. Useless. Like putting nothing on my face that costs a lot of money. Zero points. Blah. At the end I couldn't even be bothered to finish it so threw it away..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted a lightweight moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores, cause breakouts or leave my skin feeling greasy, and I must say that this is exactly what I was searching for. I've used the original version, which is a light cream and it was not bad at all, but after watching an amazing review from a youtuber, saying that this was perfect for oily skin, I decided to try it. It's a lot lighter than the original version (which is not heavy at all, either) but still, I feel that this absorbs even quicker. I think that this would not be so good for dryer skin types, because if I have a dry patch here or there, it doesn't help too much at disguising those. But since my skin is extremely oily, I rarely have that problem. My skin is also very sensitive and this hasn't irritated it. There's no scent (or at least I haven't notice). The packaging is very convenient, it's a pretty big size (6.7fl.oz), it has a pump, which I looove and comes in a square plastic bottle, which I prefer over glass, because you don't have to be that careful of dropping it. In my opinion it is a little bit pricey, (it was around $40 something at Sephora) but still, I think it's worth it because I haven't found anything that I like better than this. It has a silicone in it (dimethicone, to be exact), so if you're trying to avoid that, now you know. Overall, I think it is an awesome product, and I would definitely buy again, but I'll try to search for it in any other department stores first to see if I can find it at a lower price.

The reputation of this product proceeds it. It made my combination skin oily and the only 'dramatically different' effect it had on my skin is that it broke me out! I did not find it moisturising and I expected a lot more from a product as expensive as this.
If you plan on buying this product, I recommend you try it out in store so that you don't end up wasting so much money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Broke me out and did not moisturize. Somehow made my combination skin drier and oilier at the same time.

This product is great! I have extremely dry fussy skin which breaks out, flakes, etc with the slightest irritation. I am constantly adjusting my skin care products to treat whatever mood my skin is in and winter is usually the most difficult time for me. This winter I have been using the Clinique Take The Day Off balm cleanser, the Take The Day Off eye makeup removed, Marcelle Micellar Water, followed by Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair with this overtop. This has worked so well! The other products are tried and true for me, and this moisturizer makes my skin soft and supple when I wake up in the morning and seems to have completed the product combination that has worked the best yet!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I find that this isn't hydrating enough for me. I like the smell, its mild. And it's pretty inexpensive for the amount you get compared to other brands. I bought this version instead of the lotion because I have oily skin. I have to put on at least 3 pumps for my face to feel comfortable. Sometimes I have to pump a little extra for around my mouth. After a few hours I'd be oily, but I expect that from my skin. What I really didn't like was that when I would wash my face the next morning it looked and felt excessively greasy, not like it is normally when I use other moisturisers. My hands got really slippery when I splashed my face. I think it may have caused a few small white heads but nothing serious. I have started using something else now so I'll probably just give this away. I wouldn't say it's a horrible product, but dimethicone is the second ingredient...I'd say that's more suitable for a hair product or foundation primer than for a moisturiser...this is not for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm currently using this in place of my Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. While the OH moisturizer is light and never broke me out, I don't find in the months I've been using it that it's done what it says it's supposed to. I was never crazy about the packaging and having to dip into it (even with a q-tip) and it's just really expensive ($78 for 3 oz is too much to pay for something that isn't working anymore). I wanted to find something more geared toward my skin type. Using products for "all skin types" always make me kind of wary. Anyway, I came across this gel and read up on it. There's so many mixed reviews but I figured it's worth a try, at the very least, because the reviews on here from other oily girls were quite positive and I'm so glad I did. Instead of committing to the biggest size (pump bottle), I purchased the small tube. I use it morning and night.

After the first use, I noticed my skin was UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I'm talking baby soft! I could see a brightness in my skin. The product itself looks like a lotion and has the consistency of a lotion but yet its a gel. I had to make sure I didn't pick up the lotion by mistake lol. I found that very interesting but once you put it on, that's where you notice the difference. It's VERY light. My skin just soaks this stuff up. I've found if I use too little my skin is a bit drier & tight so I use about a nickle size amount and it's just enough. It's very hydrating. I can see why some people say this would be great under make up. I have yet to do foundation over it but it can truly double as a primer - it really smooths your skin out and would make makeup application a breeze. I just really like this gel and I haven't had any break outs whatsoever because of it. One big bonus I've noticed is that usually mid-late afternoon I notice my skin starting to get oily but after switching to this gel, I'm not noticing that at all. I can't see how this would work on girls with dry skin given that this is made specifically for combo/oily types but I would absolutely recommend this for anyone with oily or combination skin. It's worked beautifully for me. I'll be going back to Sephora for the full size. Still cant get over that the 4.2 oz pump is $40 cheaper than the Sheer Transformation - it blows my mind. My wallet is thanking me.