January 30, 2015 | 1834 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2015 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 6 months or so now and it does make my face wonderfully soft, for reference I have large pores, combination/very sensitive and acne prone skin. Although this makes my skin the softest its ever been, it breaks me out every time I use it. I ignored it and kept using it attributing it to other products and not my wonderful new moisturizer. Finally, I realized that this was probably the cause of my breakouts; as well as spots it gave me irritated red bumps as well which are slowly starting to heal now I've stopped using it. The packaging was great though and for the price you do get a huge 125ml of product, hence the two lippies. Was gutted this didn't work for me but soft skin is not worth the amount of breakouts this caused for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 8:21:00 AM More reviews by teague436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only lotion I can put on before bed at night that will not break my acne prone skin out. I have been using this lotion for 10 years. The only thing I don't like about it is that does not have an SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 3:28:00 PM More reviews by hncallahan

Be careful! I was researching this product and decided to try this moisturizer. When I went to a Clinique counter to buy it, I grabbed the Dramatically Different Moisturizing LOTION instead of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL. The packaging looks exactly the same, except for the difference of "lotion" and "gel". I was super disappointed with it, since my skin is fairly oily anyway and it was making me extremely greasy and shiny. Then I realized I was using the wrong product, so I bought the gel form for normal to oily skin. Totally rocked my world! It provides plenty of moisture without making me shiny or greasy. I think it helps mattify my skin and makes make up stay on better. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with oily or acne-prone skin. I have seen my skin has been more balanced and I have less breakouts. Worth the price and lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:43:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this moisturizer and I believe that it may have become my HG. I have very sensitive combo skin so I avoid any moisturizer that has fragrance in it because it will irritate my skin.

I prefer to buy my products from the drugstore because I have found a lot of products that are just as good or even better than the high end products I have tried. Unfortunately for me, a majority of drugstore moisturizers carry fragrance. Cerave and Cetaphil do not have fragrance, but they also don't agree with my skin. Cerave irritates my skin and Cetaphil is too heavy for my skin. I also tried Vanicream and that did absolutely nothing for my skin. So i decided to do my research and I looked up reviews for moisturizers without fragrance, and this one had pretty good reviews here and on Paula's Choice. So I decided that if I have to spend a little more money on a HE moisturizer that will be good to my skin, then so be it.

This moisturizer is awesome. It absorbs quickly into my skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. It is absolutely perfect for my combo skin because it doesn't make me oily right away like many other moisturizers do. The packaging is really convenient, as I have the one that has the pump which helps to keep it sanitary (I avoid jar packaging).

My skin has felt nice and soft since using this and I don't believe I have had any breakouts or irritation caused by this moisturizer. It's pretty expensive so I try and re-stock when I get extra money around my birthday or Christmas, lol. If my opinions on this product change then I will definitely update my review but I have been using this for about 4 months already and I'm very happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ogtofu

I tried to like this product because it was in a gel form and meant to be oil-free. The first time I tried it I thought I was breaking out because of my foundation. I gave it up because I came across a different moisturizer and had completely forgotten about it. I recently ran out of the moisturizer I was using and by now have already switch foundation, so I thought I'd give it another try. Well, surprise, a ton of cystic acne pimples popped up on various places on my face and mainly on my chin. It was a horrible break out. I have stopped using it for the past month and my skin is back under control, so I am very well convinced that it had been this moisturizer all along.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ericaxaislyne

I have combination skin and this moisturizer works well for me. My old moisturizer had me blotting every hour!! In the first week of using this product, I seen a big difference. I was hardly ever oily! I only blot once a day now. I'm loving this product by far!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2015 6:30:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I love the texture of this but unfortunately it makes me break out

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by blushred

»Doesn't break my skin :) »Get absorbed quickly »Light »Doesn't make skin look oily/Doesn't give shine to the face. » Moisturises really well. » A bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by IceAngel8381

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product years ago and decided to try other products just based on price....HUGE MISTAKE!! This is the only product that does not break my skin out, and does not leave my skin oily and greasy. This lotion is fully absorbed into my skin, leaving my skin soft, and matte. This lotion also relieves the redness I have during winter. I absolutely *love* this lotion! It it worth every penny, and a little goes a long way!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really want to like this moisturiser but I can't. I like the consistency of it, the smell and I love the Clinique brand but it does nothing for me. I feel that it's just hype. I've tried this moisturiser several times hoping that each time the outcome would be different but it just breaks my skin out. I don't feel that it particularly moisturises my skin any better than any other brand. I tried the gel formula but even thought found it better than the lotion I still felt my skin was left quite tight. Xx