December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this many years ago when I was in high school. It did not do much that made me really love the product and yet I kept re-purchasing and going back to it for lack of other products I liked. I think it is a so-so cream. It did not do much in terms of moisturizing my skin or any other benefits. I haven't bought this in years and I will not be repurchasing it again. I think many other creams do a better job than this one and they are worth exploring and trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sashacolewood

This product is a MUST for oily skin gals. I've read lots of bull reviews about how this isn't good for your skin. It's the most mattifying, refreshing and smooth feeling moisturizer I have ever had. That being said, there's no way this product is congesting.
The only downside to it is the price. Tbh for ANY moisturizer its ridiculous, here in Europe it costs about 50 euros. Thats the only reason I will not be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is a basic moisturizing gel did nothing is was not moisturizing. It contains many silicons that clogs pores. It a light gel that is not enough for my combination dry skin,breakout prone that is also super sensitive, but made my skin oilier. The lotion verison is slightly better in moisturizing but contains mineral oil which is bad for acne prone skin. Moisturizers are suppose to help in hydration which in turn the skin should not product more oil when the right moisturizer is used for the right skintype. For my skin clinique products either did nothing or cause more irritation breakouts and senstivity. Warning try at your own risk clinique products ruined my skin made it worse than what I started with after I stop using the products it took me about 2 years to fix. Not everyone skin is the same it didn't work for me doesn't mean it will not work for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Muneequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG moisturizer, I have so much love for it! I've done my fair share of experimentation when it comes to moisturizers, but I always go back to this one. It's incomparable with any moisturizers I've used.

I have combination skin. Once I've washed my face I'll use toner, followed by this moisturizer, and then some sun protector. And let me just say that this moisturizer is absolutely fantastic. Once I've put it on it I feel like my skin just absorbs the product. My skin feels clean, hydrated, smooth and super light - like I don't have anything on my face (except extreme smoothness?!). The other moisturizers that I've used always feel thick and sticky on my face, and doesn't seem to go away unless I wash my face again (which kind of beats the purpose?!).

This moisturizer also controls the oil-prone parts of my face, my t-zone area. It makes my nose and forehead so much less oily, and sometimes I don't even need to dab my t-zone with tissue to remove the oil because it really isn't necessary. And this says a lot, I think, coming from someone who doesn't use foundation and lives in a country where it's always hot and humid. I put my MAC Studio Fix powder on straight after my toner + moisturizer + sunscreen.

This moisturizer also comes in a plastic pump-type bottle, which makes it even better in my book because it's hygienic! It's pretty pricey I think, SG$60 for a 6.7oz bottle, but it lasts like at least half a year for me. And considering that it's so important to moisturize, and that this moisturizer does its job so well, I think it's worth it.

Be wise, moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Kelky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this moisturizer.

My skin can be sensitive and react during stressful times, colder weather, hormones, etc. and therefore, I have always found it difficult to find a moisturizer that I could use all the time, day and night, which would not cause breakouts... until now.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is light enough to not cause breakouts, while still providing enough moisture for your skin. I love that you can purchase it in a pump bottle, which decreases/eliminates bacteria in your jars and helps control the amount of product used.

I use 2 pumps and it's enough to moisturize my face. One bottle lasts at LEAST 8 months, if not longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this moisturizer! Its perfect for sensitive skin and drys quickly with no oilly feel! The bottle is awesome as well! It has a scent im not crazy about but i still love it! I was using origins ginsing mositurizer however i found that clinique was double the size for the same price! So i tryed this gel and i love it it works the exact same if not better! Much much better then the DDML from clinique that was just awful! No break outs with the gel! Highly recommand this!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This "cult classic" is such a sham! Read the ingredients - Mineral oil is second on the list, also high on the list is petrolatum and sesame oil. No wonder so many people are breaking out from this product! There aren't any ingredients that are actually beneficial to your skin in this. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by JLS1987

I have super sensitive, combination skin and this product is awesome! It's light and not too greasy. Quick absorbing and leaves skin soft while still allowing my face to "breathe".

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by SiaKou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to clinique 4 days ago to get the cleansing balm. I've never had any of their other products and this would be my first. After I got it the girl at the counter gave me samples of their 3 step skin care products to test them out. I liked the soap and the "toner" BUT the moisturizer was another story.

The product on the sample lasted for about 3 days THANK GOD FOR THAT. When I first tryed it I was head over heels with it already planning to go and buy the real thing. It made my face feel soft to the touch, well moisturized things the products I had before never did and because of that I gladly overlooked the fact that it also made feel like wearing a thin layer of oily-silicony mask above my skin. But it also healed all my previous scars and breakouts so I was happy. For one day. The 2nd day of using it I noticed little red bumps and also others hidden under my sking but I thought that they might were from other things. On the 3rd day though... all those bumps broke out into pimples all over my face and my skin is not even sensitive so I don't really know what to think about that!

So yeah i'm so glad I didn't spent any amount of money to actually get this and from all the reviews that I now read other ppl had the same problems. Also I think that I'll stay away form clinique in the future and their so called "hypoalergic/drugstore/organic" and whatever else they claim that their products are

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by catisblushing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this moisturizer back in April (2014) and after I started using it along with the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm, my skin was left in the worst condition it ever was. At the time I had just started venturing into the skincare world (before I just washed my face with water and put moisturizer for oily skin when I remembered) and this moisturizer seemed pretty popular so I went to Sephora and got it. Before I started to use it my skin was pretty clear (appart from the usual blackheads on my nose and chin, can't get rid of those even today with really nice skincare products), but it was severely dehydrated and it was completely matte.

I have combination skin that is very sensitive and acne-prone (mostly blackheads) so I thought this wouldn't clog up my pores... I was wrong. This did break me out but it wasn't only just that, this is completely innefficient at hydrating the skin! It does get absorbed instantly and leaves the skin feeling soft, but when I washed my faced at night there was a layer of moisturizer that melted off. I hated it. My skin doesn't get along with Clinique products, that's for sure, so I would advise anyone with sensitive acne-prone skin to ask for a sample of this before purchasing, so that you don't end up like me.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling soft.

Cons:
- Does not hydrate the skin properly.
- Leaves a film on the skin that comes off when you wash your face (too much silicone in the formula).
- Breaks me out.