Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 7/1/2015 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This gel formula does a great job of not only hydrating the skin and curbing excess oil (thus preventing breakouts), but also leaves the face feeling smooth, creamy, and light Ė itís perfect for layering sunblock or foundation/primer on top and doesnít feel sticky at all.

I wrote a full review on my blog here:

on 6/27/2015 10:16:00 AM

I'm noticing a lot of people on here are saying that this gel left their skin feeling tight and dehydrated. You may want to consider what face wash you're using as well, as poor ones tend to dry out the skin, which makes the moisturizer have to do more work than it's intended to.

My skin is a combo. As the day goes on, my T-zone will get oilier and oilier. I recently bought this gel moisturizer as a morning moisturizer, and i find that it has controlled the oil on my face very well, without drying me out. My face does NOT get oilier and oilier throughout the day when i use this gel in the morning. Here is my morning skincare routine:

I was my face with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser (amazing). ($25/Ulta)
Then i put on a bit of Andalou Natural's brightening eye cream. ($20/Whole Foods)
Then i apply two pumps of the Clinique Moisturizing Gel all over my face.
After that all dries a little bit, i spray my face with two sprays of Mario Badescu's Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater Spray ($7/Ulta)
The rosewater spray adds just the tiniest amount of moisture onto the skin, which balances out nicely with the gel moisturizer.

Then i either apply my Clinique Even Better Foundation,
or go make-up free.
Either way, my skin continues looking fresh all day, with complete oil-control.

Hope this helps!

on 6/20/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm already on my second bottle of this and I love it. Although a lot of people seem to break out from this gel, luckily I don't. I use it religiously night and day after washing my face. In the morning I'm always a little greasy, but I have that even without the moisturizer and it washes away. This works great under makeup because it absorbs quickly and creates a really nice base. Doesn't leave me greasy through the day like many other moisturizers. I will continue to repurchase for as long as it works.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

sensitive skin so this made me break out:( my mom loved it though

on 6/15/2015 3:24:00 PM

First two day trying this, my skin feel so soft and non sticky. Third day my whole face was filled itchy red rash all over. I had to go to the doctor for a prescription cream to get rid of it. Never again!

on 6/15/2015 10:12:00 AM

Its OK! i bought 2 bottles in Dubai Duty Free it was on promotion and I barely used one bottle. It broke me up,so I discontinue using it. I think if you are looking specifically for moisturizer its not worthy you can get better choices for less price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to give this product a try because it's a moisturizer that is formulated specifically for oily/combination skin. I was beginning to think the moisturizer I had previously been using twice a day was perhaps too heavy, especially for daytime and/or under makeup. (Ponds Rejuveness Anti Wrinkle Cream) I found a great deal at Macy's in which there are three full sized products in addition to three travel size from the oily/combination skin line; facial cleanser, clarifying lotion (aka toner), and moisturizer (this product). Apparently Sephora has the same set available as well for $66. This product alone costs $24 for the full sized version that comes in this set. I thought perhaps using the entire line consistently would also lead to better results in keeping my oily skin under control.
I will say I felt the three products together worked more efficiently than just simply using this moisturizer alone. When just taking into account this moisturizer, I don't feel that it made a significant difference in my skin. I felt it did a decent job of moisturizing and created a nice canvas for makeup application. It left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Clinique skincare products somehow manage to be basic in concept, yet also great quality. They are fragrance free and generally reasonably priced with many sizes available for most of their skincare products. I would definitely repurchase this item, but strongly recommend using the other two products in conjunction with this; specifically, the "clarifying lotion"/toner.

on 6/9/2015 9:59:00 AM

I have classic combination skin, ie very oily in the tzone, and normal in the other areas of m,y face. I bought this in the super humid summer climate, but even then it left my face feeling very dry and tight. This moisturizer should NOT be promoted to combination skins, as it left mine feleing nothing but dry and tight, it was horrible. It may work well if you have very oily skin, but for me it worked best in the bin.

on 6/2/2015 4:01:00 AM

I'm really struggling to find a combination skin face cream that does not either dry out or completely sticky up my skin! This does I prove my skin quality overall, my enlarged pores are greatly reduced, but my skin feels dehydrated and tight, I can't wait to wash it off at the end of the day. The lotion version is too greasy and leaves my t-zone sticky and oily through the day.
Would probably recommend to someone with oily skin overall, as this provides little to no moisture. Good at improving skin texture though.

on 6/1/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My face is oily, but now I feel it dehydrated. This gel does nothing for my skin. I used it every night and I did not seen any improvement of my skin. This gel does not moisturize at all.
Luckily, I bought it in travel size and I didn't waste my money.
Certainly, I will not buy it again.