December 20, 2014 | 1633 users online

Bath Treatments - L'Occitane - Lavender AOC Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

Absolutely proud to have this in my collection, it is a staple.
"In Provence, it is fine lavender, Lavandula angustifolia, which yields the best essential oil, renowned for its delicate perfume. It is very different from the Lavandin perfume, with camphor notes... It is important not to confuse fine lavender with lavandin, which is a hybrid made by crossing lavandula officinalis with spike lavender, and which yields an essence used mainly for products that are mass produced on an industrial scale (e.g. cleaning products, washing powder, mass-produced beauty products)." (L'Occitane website)
Now I am no botanist, but I do know gardening at that high altitude (800m above sea level) inhibits the growth of pests and diseases, rendering a safer plant, ergo better product.
I love the way this scent soothes my head as I draw a bath. It is naturally antibacterial to boot. This truly is L'Occitane's signature scent, as they have baskets of dried bouquets in the store. I have my very own in my bathroom to gaze at, and it is quite the treat.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by weirdpoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love L'occitane's lavender scent range from the skin care that they used to produce to the hair care.

It does smell amazing and does clean quite well but the shower gel falls short of my expectations for the following reasons:
- the scent disappears pretty much once you rinse yourself
- compared to the other body cleansers that I've used (ie aromachologie, cherry blossom ...) you need to use A LOT of this per shower. It doesn't foam as well and I can see this running out much quicker hence it's not so economical.

If you are interested in the lavender range for bath I recommend the foaming bath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I hadn't put a review on this before now as it is my absolute FAVOURITE shower gel. I love all l'occitane gels (also cherry blossom and almond/armande).

I love the smell - its french lavender with a hint of camphor according to the seller on QVC.I think of it as a cool floral. I use it every day. Best if used with a puff.
A bit expensive but I stocked up at an outlet store and a little goes a long way. I keep it in a cupboard away from the sun to preserve the scent.
I hope they don't discontinue this now!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Julia611

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I told my friend how much I really liked this shower gel and would probably continue to purchase it and told her how well the product worked. Very comfortable after use!!!
My skin felt smoother after continued use for a few weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this as a gift and am just finishing the bottle. It's nicely packaged and the lavender color is beautiful.

What I don't like about this is the smell. It's a bit too lavender, the gel doesn't foam up well: a 3 out of 10 on a scale of 10. It cleanses but it reminds me of hotel sample bottles of product that they leave for guests. Mediocre. I wouldn't purchase this for personal use. L'Occitane has great skin products, but this shower gel just fell flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by redhotpaprika

My skin type - dry but not flaky dry.

Packaging - I have a travel size bottle, it was pretty hard to squeeze the gel out of it and it will last you about two or three showers. I will write an update on the regular size bottle as soon as I buy it.

Product - The gel is thick, transparent and heavily scented with lavender oil. It lathers pretty well and is extremely relaxing in a hot shower.

Result - After washing the gel off, my wet skin feels slick to the touch, but it is not an unpleasant feeling at all. The gel doesn't dry out my skin and even makes me feel comfortable after a shower but I'd recommend to follow it with Lavender Body Lotion to complete the relaxing and moisturizing experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by shushkin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this as part of a special offer and I love it. I am fond of the scent of lavender but this is the nicest smell I have come across. I am not smittne with the packaging and it dents easily. I would love to buy it again but it is pricey!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

My current obsession with lavender scented products is a result of my effort to get better and more calming sleep. Lavender is good to get all calm and dreamy ready for bed. Thats why i got this which i always shower with before going to bed. If only i could find the room spray. I hate the packaging. if only they inlcuded a pump. I tend to overpour the gel so its really a waste. But i love the smell and is really refreshing and soothing at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 6:36:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

I love true lavender scents. Too often with lavender scented products they often miss the mark completely, don't smell at all, or just smell old and stale. While this is authentic, instead of a strong herbal, heady lavender, this is very clean and refreshing, a definite spa-like quality. Only minuses are the price and while the metal bottle is aesthetically pleasing, the screw top in annoying. Definitely a great indulgence.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2004 6:16:00 AM More reviews by essentialoil56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite shower gel from L'Occitane, lovely, refreshing scent of lavender essential oil. What i like about the L'Occitane lavender line is that they really use the essential oil, which smells very different from regular lavender extract which is kindof spicy. lav essential oil has a wonderful pure and clean smell and thats how this shower gel smells. it doubles as a relaxing aromatherapy shower gel for me, and its gentle and nondrying. i usually use the Occtitane lavender body milk afterwards for a really relaxing spa-like feel