August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Sun Protection Compact Foundation [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

RE-FORMULATED. Please find reviews for the new formula here:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ProductvilleAdmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PSA: THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN RE-FORMULATED.

Please find reviews for the new formula here:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by eua1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by superfroggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this compact foundation for maybe the last 10 years. No matter what else I have tried, I always come back to this!!! I use the SP50 shade which suits my NC20-25 skin just fine although with a tanned face (which doesn't happen very often, I must admit) I usually switch to SP60. This product has an amazing velvety finish, lasts for a good amount of time (I would say, for me, 5-6 hours in hot weather if not longer and I have normal to oily skin) and is water-resistant (you can even wear it at the beach!). You can apply it with a brush for a lighter coverage or with the sponge that comes with it for a fuller coverage. It can even be applied with a wet sponge although I am not too keen on that! I can't really find a negative for this, maybe the fact that it doesn't photograph very well due to the SPF but you can always wear sth else if you know there will be a lot of flash photography. Overall, I would definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hm. I am not sure if I am very impressed by this. It doesn't seem to last at all (though I probably need to experiment a bit more with what I am doing) and as is always the case with compact foundation, it accentuates my pores a bit more than I like... I also think that this (and the liquid version of it by Shiseido) gives me a slightly white shine...I have it in SP70 and it's a really good match for my skin, but unfortunately the powder does not seem to cover my pores. I was a bit disappointed by this, but I will still use it probably during the summer when I don't like wearing too much foundation.
    Packaging is great by the way (it really looks gorgeous) and as for the price, I got it on sales for only 20 Euros...
    I think I am more addicted to the liquid foundation of this line for now...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Best powder foundation out there, actually best powder period. Use this on its own or over your moisturizer/bb cream, real full coverage and mattness all day. Use it on your eyes as a base, your eyeshadow and eyeliner stays on forever and doesn't change shades (mine do normally, everything goes gray after a while)

You can wear this for hours and not feel the greasy uncomfortable feeling that creeps up with most foundations after 3-4 hours of use. Perfect for combination skin. It goes on very matte, if applied heavily it does make a geisha face, but you can wet your sponge for a sheerer application. tip: I spritz the sponge with mac fix+ and apply it very thinly, this ensures a nice glow if you don't want to be too matte.

Great for touch-ups, no need to blot in between, I just take my compact out and retouch my nose after a few hours, never gets cakey. I seriously regret putting off buying this for so long because I now have bottles and bottles of different brands of foundation that I'll probably never use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The powder matches my skin tone perfectly. I love how light it felt on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Makeupfan5

I have sensitive and dry skin. I use this with the lifting foundation from Shiseido. I am very impressed with how the powder wears on my skin. It blends with my skin, making it look radiant. It has a spf of 34.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always had great luck with Shiseido's powder foundations, so I decided to try this out due to the higher SPF. While I marked this as a repurchase, I wouldn't buy it again as a foundation, but either as a setting powder for liquid foundation or to throw on over sunscreen to mattify my face on low-makeup days. The reason is b/c I found the coverage very sheer, a bit too sheer--and this is coming from someone who prefers that coverage and look. As others have mentioned, the shades look very dark in the pan, but apply much lighter on the skin, so don't look at the SA like she's crazy when she gives you something that looks like bronzer. I am about a MAC C3, BB Warm Beige, Shiseido O40, normal-combo skin type and was matched to the SP50 shade, but they are pretty forgiving. It has the typical floral scent that all Shiseido makeup has which I'm used to now, but I'd rather it be unscented (I usually have problems w/ scented makeup and skincare, but don't experience any breakouts or--worse--rashes when I use this). As with the other powder foundations, it's sold separately from the case which I personally like. I *believe* the round pan is the same size and shape as the now-resurrected Powdery Foundation's pan, so hopefully I can interchange the 2 pans inside the 1 compact instead of having to buy a case for each.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great in the winter but doesn't work in the warm weather if you have combination or oily skin. The powder is very thick so you definitely look made up when wearing it. The high SPF is a plus but you can get the same benefits from a moisturizer and look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this thrice-daily for about 3 weeks. I just moved to a hot, humid and very sunny climate 6 months ago, and I work out every day. I wear this over Estee Lauder BB cream, and it is PERFECT.

I tried it on the recommendations of a French beauty blogger. She has skin about as pale as mine(before being out in constant sun) even though I'm pale olive and she has different undertones. I'm a NC20 in Mac, and she's probably an NC20-25, and she- and I- use the Shiseido 50. I only say this because it can be really disconcerting to be directed to such a seemingly dark foundation for such light skin- I never would have given the 50 a second glance if she hadn't used it, but it ended up being the right one for me, as well.

I think it much be because of the sunscreen in it- it underlies the darker powder with a pale sheen, so it all works out in the end.

In any event, this powder foundation is what I have been looking for all along. Smooth, natural, great finish, lovely feel, sun protection, super easy application, good staying powder, easy to get off, doesn't look like you're wearing anything, yet you look lovely-skinned and polished.

I apply with either my ELF flattop, or my sigmaF80, or my Shiseido fdt brush, they all work well.

I was breakout prone- no problems with this foundation whatsoever.

I love that I can get refills. I love the compact- it's cute and sturdy. It's not expensive at all compared to so many foundations, I'm thrilled. My blush goes on like a dream over it.

I would definitely buy again. It is my constant companion, and I get a slight moment of panic when I think that I've lost it!
    UPDATE:
    bought this several times, and hit pan every time. I didn't finish the last compact I bought because this started going cakey on me, every time- did they reformulate? Sigh. Won't repurchase.