July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Crease brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's Good Karma Crease Brush is a "must for shading your crease and creating contours. No too stiff or soft, long or short, we've perfected this brush." Feeling confident, Urban Decay? I got the Good Karma Crease Brush as part of the double ended brush included with the Naked2 Palette. I wouldn't normally review a brush included with a palette, because let's be honest, they usually suck, but this brush is actually the exact same as the regular, individually sold brush. Kudos to Urban Decay for including a good quality brush! The Good Karma Crease Brush has taklon bristles and is vegan friendly. This brush regularly retails for $26. Urban Decay calls themselves a cruelty free brand, but they were recently acquired by L'Oreal, a company that does practice animal testing. This brush was made in China.
Obviously, since my brush came with a palette and is double ended, its designed a little differently than the usual Good Karma Crease Brush. Mine has a reflective greige handle (it's usually grey) with the Urban Decay and Naked2 logos on it. This brush has no obvious ferrule, which I always find strange. The brush is very lightweight in the hand, but it also feels sturdy. I really had my doubts about this crease brush. It seemed too large for my small crease, I was convinced it wouldn't work for me. I was wrong. Yes, the brush head is large, but it comes to a precise tip. Urban Decay says that their crease brush "has a rounded and tapered shape, perfect for getting right in the crease while softening and feathering color out. The tapered bristles put you in complete control with every application." There has never been a truer product description. The bristles, which are taupe with white tips, have the perfect density and softness. The shape isn't exactly uniform, a few bristles splay out on the sides, but not enough to disrupt the general shape of the brush head. Urban Decay's Good Karma Crease Brush is well constructed. I've never lost a bristle from this brush. It stands up to washing well and keeps it's shape, best of all it dries super fast!
Despite my initial concern that the Good Karma Crease Brush would be too large for my crease, its now one of my go-to brushes. The tip of this brush fits perfectly right along my socket line. This brush is excellent for placing and blending color into the crease. However, if I' m going for a heavier application, this brush isn't ideal. For some reason, no matter how dark or pigmented the shadow I try to use in the crease, this brush sheers it out quite a bit. I don't know if it doesn't pick up as much product, or it just blends products more thoroughly and I over blend with it. I'm not really complaining though, I feel like the sheerer application gives me more control of the look, overall. Aside from being excellent for applying color in the crease, Urban Decay's Good Karma Crease Brush is also great for dusting shadow over the lids and brow bone, and general blending as well.
I'm pleasantly surprised by Urban Decay's Good Karma Crease Brush. i thought the brush would be useless for me, but instead it's become a favorite. The size, shape, and density are perfect for my crease. Urban Decay isn't a brand I, or a lot of others, think of when I think of high quality, high end brushes, but maybe it should be. This is a great quality, functional, and kinda stylish brush. I wouldn't repurchase a second brush, personally, but I think it's well worth the money if you like to invest in your brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I am very picky when it comes to crease brushes because I feel like it can make or break the look of your makeup. Usually I've been using the crease brush from MAC but felt it was way too pliant. This is soft but stiff enough to blend just the right amount.
I received this brush with the Naked2 and went out immediately and bought a spare one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lhiannon82

I don't know if I just got a bad brush or what, but mine is not soft. I find that if I try to use the brush in my crease I end up with shadow all over the place. The brush also fell apart on me at the knurling. Since I take care of my brushes, I know it wasn't something that I did. Overall I don't use the brush because it doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by justapeekn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best crease brush for me and my small eye lid area. I find this crease brush less full then my last one, which was probably meant for girls with more of a eyelid and crease area to play around with.
My last one also put way too much product on, causing me to work way to hard to blend it out and look decent. Sense I use my crease brush with my more pigmented e/s I appreciate that it doesn't apply it as heavy as my previous brush. The shape also leaves it much easier for it to control.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush - it picks up lots of product and it's supersoft. Great when I want to do something a little more dramatic and the fingers just won't cut it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by drunkenatheist

Overall, I'm pleased, but I don't like it quite as much as my blender or shadow brushes. I think the fluffiness makes it a little more difficult to control loose eyeshadows than the other two.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by SmilezLie

I got this when a store stopped selling UD so it was half price. I decided i needed a good shadow brush. it is beyond soft. i will admit if you are a pigment junkie this is not the best brush because it does not pick up a load of pigment, but for those of you who like subtle eyeshadow and are a softness junkie this is the perfect brush. it also holds up well in washings. i have had it for 3 years and i have maybe shed 5 bristles. this thing will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Skeptic

UD brushes are very soft, however, I don't think this brush is able to pick up alot of pigment. I think it may be due the synthetic taklon material. In my opinion, Trish McEvoy brushes picks up colors much better maybe b/c they're made of natural hair but then they are more expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by SmilezLie

I would die without this brush. I got it for half price at some closing sale a few years ago and its still in amazing shape after hundreds of uses. It almost never sheds. Perfect blending and so many different uses. I doubt I will ever have to buy a new one at this rate but there is no doubt in my mind if the need arises I would.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic dome-shaped brush, with hairs of different lengths. This means that you won't get a stripe of eyeshadow, but you'll get a nice, well blended look. Definitely buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No