November 24, 2014 | 2015 users online

Palettes - Stila - Stars Anniversary 2004

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 6:00:00 PM More reviews by smilette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really want to give this a 5 * because I'm not crazy about all the products inside. But considering the price (29 Euros, I bought it in Paris Sephora) to the no. of products you get, it's a nice deal.

I don't really care for the lip liner and the Kitten shadow, just because it's too shimmery (and actually I'm really a matte person, with an occasional shimmer), but the others are quite nice. I quite like the CC, and the shadows combine quite well to do a smokey-eye look. My only complaint is that u can't take out the little compartments inside the box, so u can't put other stuff in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 4:27:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

What a great little set. I love pretty much everything in here except the CC, but I am too oily to use a cream blush. Other than that, the colors are extremely flattering on my asian skin tone. I love the lip pot, since i use it as a lip balm, since it is suppose to be a tinted lip balm. Overall, great set, and great value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2004 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a cute set! It comes in a silver cardbord jewelry-type box with a mirror and compartments for each product. The shadows are kitten, twig, and jezabel, lip pot in baie, peony CC, and lipliner #1. This colors all go great together for a complete "look". I am a neutral-cool toned PPP with blue eyes. These shadows make my blue eyes really "pop". My favorate from this collection is probably the peony CC! Absolutely beautiful color on my skin! The lip pot in baie is a mauve-lilac color, but goes on sheer on my pigmented lips. The liner is a nice neutral shade. This set is an excellent value at $36, and a great intro to stila...or a great way to get some of stila's "best sellers" in one nice set! I can imagine that I will use all of these colors a lot! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

I love this set! The eyeshadow colors are neutral, shimmery, blendable and long wearing. Although, Kitten is much more shimmery than I imagined - it still works nicely on the browbone or as a wash. The lipgloss is adorable, though the portion is miniscule. The color Baie is a nice plummy mauve - it wouldn't be my first choice, but it's actually very pretty and gives just a hint of natural looking color. The CC is creamy and feels nice on my cheeks. Even the lipliner - which is a product that I never use - is a pretty, natural color and works well. The box is cute, and I might use it for storage. All in all, a nice value with very nice colors that all compliment one another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by powderpurr

I am a PPP with pink undertones. This is recommended for people who would like an introduction to Stila. You can get day and night looks with this set for a great price! I did not even plan on buying this b/c the pictures on the website didn't do it justice! But I went to the Anniversary sale, it was my b-day & they were offering makeovers, so I decided to try it out! All I can say is wow! Finally, I do not look like a clown, it's just me but better. I like this is b/c the colors are neutral. I felt like I was wearing makeup but not trying too hard. The makeup artist used the Stars set and applied Kitten e/s on my brown bone, jezebel on my lids & crease, and just a little twig to blend on the sides, She also used a wet brush to apply twig as an eyeliner, which gave Twig a whole new look! I was amazed that Twig had a nice shimmer when applied wet. Next, she applied the Convertible Color (Peony) on the apples of my cheeks and some on my lips too! She also used the lip liner contour no. 1. Then she used the lip pot (Baie) over my lips. The only thing she put on me that didn't come with the set was Stila Sun #1..which I ended up getting, as a present, 1 week later b/c I loved the look soo much! I started wearing eye shadow everyday b/c of this set!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2004 7:49:00 AM More reviews by pinstripemafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a little hesitant of this palette in the beginning. The lip pot (Baie) and CC (Peony)come in mauvey colors, which I'm not used to. I'm used to pinks and peaches. Once I tried them on I really liked them though. I'm pretty sure they'd be universally appealing and flattering. The eyeshadows are the same way. All three are shimmers. Kitten is a pale pink, Twig is a deep coppery brown, and Jezebel is a sunny, peachy bronze. The lip pencil is contour #1.
The box is absolutely adorable, and pretty nicely sized. It contains a nice mirror as well.
Overall I'm VERY happy with this purchase!
**Pic of this product in profile**

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by BeeBeeGun

This review is for the Stila Stars NOrdstrom Anniversary 2004 event. It retails for $36US.

It is a jewelry box type of case that has compartments and a mirror inside. It comes with a full size Kitten e/s (bet we all have a few of these already), a split pan of Jezebel and Twig, Mini #1 Lipliner, mini Peony Convertible Colour, and a full sized lip pot in Baie.

I wish the box itself was metal and the design more interesting. The cover just says Stila with some stars. It's silver. Too plain IMO. Could have been more exciting.

I'm quite impressed by the variety inside though. basically everything you need to get started. It's a great way for a Stila newbie to try their stuff out. You get the best-seller Kitten, new lip pot, mini CC, etc.

GO get them while they last. I was told that stores sold out of this set on the first day of the anniversary sale! continued >>