September 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alba Botanica - Alba Hawaiian Kukui Nut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really really love this body butter. In fact, I think it's one of the butter that I loved the most. I just wish there would be a bigger size and that I would need less for my body because I think I used it really fast.

I love the smell, it's a sweet and gourmand smell without being cloying and giving me an headache. To me, it's smells like chocolate and nuts, which is perfect for a moisturizer for winter. This will probably be too rich for summer but for in a winter in Canada it's really perfect.

I also really love the feeling of this product. It's soft and buttery but it's also whipped and super light, far from a greasy butter that takes forever to sink in.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the secret to my soft supple skin in winter. This product is so moisturizing that I only need to use it every other day and my skin is very dry. It saved me from months of dry itchy skin and it also helped calm some exema flare ups! The texture is creamy, kind of like softened chef grade butter. The scent is very light and sweet, kind of like cocoa, but not in a synthetic cloying kind of way. My husband who has allergic reactions to Bath and Body sythetic type scents loves it when I where this because it not only makes my skin soft but he loves how the light scent doesn't bother him. This body butter might be a liitle much for the summer season so I won't repurchase right as I run out given that Spring is around the corner but I will definantly repurchase when the weather drys up a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by delawrence

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a replacement for Body Shop Brazil Nut body butter since reformulation of their product. they have had so many sales at Body Shop (not looking good!) that I wanted to like one of their products - but new Brazil Nut smells like an ashtray (awful) and I tried the Chocomania - threw it out - horrible smell after it had been on a while (like dirty socks, as you will read on other reviews). I asked at a local health food store and they suggested this - I love it!! beautiful texture - wonderful fragrance - subtle and soft - really great! and my skin feels beautiful. THANK YOU, ALBA!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I just finished this moisturizer up and I will most definitely be repurchasing. This is by far my all-time favorite moisturizer!! The formula is not a cream at all. It's on the thicker side but doesn't leave your skin feeling tacky or suffocating. It soaks into your skin like a dream and leaves it feeling moisturized all day.

The smell is also divine. Sort of caramel-y and nutty at the same time but not overly sweet. I'm not really a fan of gourmand smelling things and I don't consider this to be one. It's a sophisicated sweetness, if that's possible.

I just wish it came in a larger container because I seem to go through these puppies too quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For starters, I have dry skin on my body and eczema patches that usually flare up on my inner arms and sometimes inner thigh area. Eczema is a pain in the butt and somehow through the use of NATURAL/organic and fragrance free products it cleared it up TONS and I've finally got it under control. If you don't have eczema don't ever wish it on your worst enemy! I used to scratch and scratch and end up in tears. I haven't used any drugstore skin product on my face or body simply in fear of losing my clear skin. So if you're new to organic stuff or more natural things, alba botanica products are one of the greatest places to start!!

I was depressed to have to give up my Victoria Secret body butter in pure seduction.It's initially one of the things that made my skin flare up.I'm a girl and love smelling good so I wasn't so sure about fragrance free stuff because I thrive on yummy smells!

I've been using the Kukui Nut body OIL from Alba Botanica and immediately fell in love!! I got it for the dry itchy winter skin that occurs every winter and it's been over three months since I first ordered it and the same bottle is only halfway used (I use it after EVERY shower; at least once a day!) It somehow moisturizes the heck out of my dry skin without being greasy. my rating for this body butter is simply 5 lippies! I ordered this one after trying the oil just because our painfully long winter is FINALLY starting to cease (in April -_-) and just wanted to experiment with something lighter. This cream is perfect for that and I will be repurchasing both as soon as I run out! The smells is awesome, probably more fragrant than the body oil. I've never had any problems with pairing it with my perfumes and trust me I have a big range of different smells that I use!! I also bought this body butter because I couldn't take the oil with me in fear of it leaking. DO NOT try to travel with the oil bottle, it leaked everywhere! This body butter however, can be easily thrown in my book bag for school or purse.

*Another helpful hint is to use it after you have cleansed or washed your skin. Putting lotion on dry skin without cleansing it first traps the bacteria under the lotion and can lead to rashes and other gross things. The warmth from a bath or shower also helped the product "melt" into your skin a bit better and the product works better for you.This is what I do for both the oil and the body butter. After trying both products I can't really pick which one is my favorite. I'll most likely just use the lotion in the summer and the oil in the winter..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by HijaDeUnRey

Smells so yummmmy! I love this stuff. Its thick but not thick. And it sinks into my skin well. One of my fave creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rayena

I love this stuff! I have some very dry skin on various places on my body, and this moisturizes it for a LONG time. It smells delicious, too--mostly like vanilla, to me, but with a hint of something else that I can't quite place... Anyway, yummy! A little bit goes a long way, too. I will definitely be picking up more, possibly in the other scents, too. The only downfall is that it can leave a bit of a residue behind if you're not really good about rubbing it into your skin; it needs to be rubbed, it won't just sink in magically.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of body butters for my extremely dry itchy skin and this is one of the best I've tried that I'm able to buy at the drugstore. Usually they are too thin and don't last but this is rich and creamy and my skin stays soft and smooth all day. Doesn't leave me greasy and the scent isn't too strong. Smells like dulce de leche cake. Yum!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This body butter has a rich cream texture and it moisturizes pretty well. It could sink in in a more "silky" way but that's not about any body butter really.
But the smell! It has that really artificial note that doesn't let me enjoy it. Smells kinda like burnt plastic...I think I understand the smell they wanted to create but it didn't happen.
I won't re-buy it I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this butter is like heavenly whipped body butter! Feels soooo good to apply it, rich but very light (in bodybutter world), and it doesn`t leave an oily film. Feels luxurious! The smell, you either like it or you don`t (there are 3 different kind I think, the coconut one has the least smell), this one has a vanilla caramel smell, I really like that too. The smell doesn`t linger on for very long if you are concerned about that. Smell good, sinks in relatively fast, the texture is whipped heaven. Glad I got it! :-) I apply it right after shower, pat dry my skin in sections with a towel, apply it, all butters/oils sink in better this way! :-)