Redken Extreme Shampoo [REFORMULATED]

3.6

Water, tea-lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide mipa, sodium lactate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, hydroxystearyl cetyl ether, salicylic acid, benzoic acid, methylparaben,linileamidopropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphate dimethicone, propylene glycol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lactic acid, benzyl benzoae, limonene, isobutylparaben propylparaben, arginine hci, taurine, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, oleth-10, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lecithin, hydrolyzed wheat starch, behentrimonium methosulfate, phosphoric acid, trehalose, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, quaternium-33, phenoxyethanol

on 1/27/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally use all soft by Redken but decided my hair needed more damage control and this was not the cure!!!!!! I washed my hair with this and used my normal conditioner and my hair was a complete frizzy mess. I couldn't take it. This shampoo caused more dryness and knots....yuck!

on 3/1/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this shampoo been useing it for a year now, i permed my curly hair straight -____- breaking falling out i turned to the extreme line and it saved my life i felt the strength emidietly i winn NEVERR stop useing this :)

on 2/2/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used this shampoo since the early days in the middle of the 80'ies; back then it came in a tube, the shampoo was red like hell and smelled like a strawberryfield gone crazy- but it worked with my fine, scandinavian hair and it still works; it has changed scent, color and packaging quite a few times, but it's still the same faithfull old friend to my hair as 25 years ago. Lot of criticism about the missing lather - it was constructed that way by purpose - the hair feels more crisp when washed and thats the trick for fine hair- it does never ever clash. Loooove it!

on 11/23/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell! It smells just like Tootsie Rolls, oddly enough. This shampoo and conditioner combination is really nice on damaged hair, and is my current favorite. I wouldn't say 'HG', but it has saved my hair the most out of all shampoo/conditioner products I have tried so far. I will repurchase.

on 7/17/2010 1:01:00 AM

Love the smell of this, and the fact that it makes my wavy blonde page full and shiny is not bad either :-) I just love this product. Hair can feel a bit coarse after rinsing, but the conditioner makes it soft and managable.

on 6/19/2010 3:08:00 PM

I tried this shampoo after hearing raves from friends and reading MUA reviews...it doesn't disappoint! I have fairly damaged, fine, highlighted hair and this adds some extra body and strength to it when I use it once a week (since it contains protein and I use a moisturizing shampoo the other days I wash my hair). If you're looking for a shampoo that will make your hair easier to manage for the day, this is the right one. Love it!

on 4/21/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My Favourite Shampoo!
I love LOVE LOVe the scent and I love that it does a very good job at cleansing without taking away too much moisture from my hair. It rinses well and lathers very decent too.

on 4/11/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Scent is incredible! I use this with Redken's "blow away" leave-in treatment and Redken's "extreme iron force" and my hair feels stronger than steel! My hair is extremely fine and breaks easily, so I am glad that I discovered this line from Redken. The extreme shampoo and conditioner both work great together. If you have fragile hair, I would recommend this line to you.

Something I would be careful about is that I would alternate this with another shampoo/conditioner and only use it every other wash or so. Since this deposits protein into your hair, there is a such thing as too much protein and your hair can become weaker. But don't let that scare you out of using it! This product is amazing when used properly! I would also use this conditioner in conjunction with the "extreme conditioner" to have to have the full effect.

on 2/24/2010 12:46:00 PM

My stylist recommended this for me when I was at the salon getting highlights, so I decided to try it. I love it! I probably use it once or twice a week, alternating with Nexxus Therappe shampoo. My hair is color-treated and while not in bad condition, this product does make a noticeable difference--much fuller, curlier, and easier to style.

on 1/17/2010 10:00:00 AM

Lucky me got to purchase this product in a combination pack with the Conditioner, a special Christmas deal my salon had going on at the time. I think I paid $14.99 for the set.

My stylist reccomended this to me because I am frequently dying my hair blonde and blonder, so it was quite damaged before I used this product. However, afterwards it was healthy and shiny. It definately lives up to it's claim to fame of repairing damaged hair. Even my friends complimented me on how healthy my hair seemed. The smell is great as wellm, I just wish the bottle would last longer!