Conair Instant Heat Slim Multiplate Straightener

3.0

on 5/19/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was my second hair straightener. My first was a Conair, but with purple, ceramic plates that worked much better. This was just awful. It snagged my hair constantly, but didn't accomplish any straightening. It was a decent price, but just a terrible straightener.

on 5/4/2007 2:59:00 PM

I have thick hair and this straightener so i had to run this through my hair a multiple of times over and over and over again. This is not one of the better irons i have tried. it is actually the worst

on 7/19/2004 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I already loved my Conair flat iron that I have but it had 3/4-inch wide plates and I needed something slightly wider for my hair length (shoulder length); I curl my hair slightly with an iron (took me a while to realize how you do that!). I searched far and wide, then found this from Conair. I couldn't find it at any store or on the net except at the Conair website (so perhaps it's that new?). It has 3 plate sizes: 1-inch, 1 1/2- inch, and 2-inch. This is perfect so if I change my hairstyle, I'm most likely to have a plate size that suits, whether I want curling or straightening. Like my original flat iron, this has 25 lvariable heat settings, on and off buttons, plus auto shutoff (which I wanted for safety). I do wish they had the heat-resistant case like their 3/4-inch version. It has ceramic plates (another requirement of mine) and a 6-foot pro cord. I also like that it has the clamping action type handles (you squeeze ... the plates come together). They also have suggested heat settings for the hair style and length. This works wonderfully with my hair and I'm glad I found it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools