December 20, 2014 | 1253 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Grape Seed Extract Masque

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I just bought this because I love grapes. Overall a very meh mask. Didn't peel off easily, smelt good, but didn't make my skin feel that different. Didn't seem to pick up any oil. The tube also dried out really fast leaving the paste a thick unusable gluey texture. Not happening again for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent mask if you are a fan of peel offs, but you need to slather a lot on and wait until it's completely dry to get the full effect. It will peel off in one piece once you get the hang of application, which took me about three attempts. I got this because of a lotion with grapeseed oil in it that I loved, this has a similar scent but it also reminds me of hair gel. Texture wise, it's just like hair gel but a lot stickier, especially if you get this in your hairline or eyebrows (or even worse your lashes...oops!) Because of how sticky it is, I try to get however much I need into my palm before I start applying. I've had to get more mid application and made a mess of everything.

It does leave my face dewey and even toned but I still felt the need to wash and moisturize my skin after. I got this for a dollar and it exceeded my expectations, especially since I usually prefer clay masks to peel-offs. If you only use peel-off masks occasionally this might be a nice find. I haven't seen it in any stores recently but when I do I will grab another.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lightness979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Skin feels soft and hydrated after the mask is removed.

Cons: Mask doesn't peel of easily/if at all and takes a lot of effort to get off even with a washcloth. After all of that my face is red from the cloth, so not worth it. The product also has a heavy, artificial fragrance I can live without.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this masque better than the Mint mask. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. Just don't use on dry/peeling skin and don't leave it on too long. This is a peel off mask. It comes out of the tube as a thick gel and it sticks to the skin. You can feel the increasing tug on your skin as the gel dries. When you peel the dried off gel off, the dead skin that is stuck to it also comes off. I wish they would make it fragrance free. It is hard to find in stores. I can only find it in Bed Bath & Beyond.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cherylsharo

Thinking it would be nice to try a peel off masque, I bought this on the spot without reading up on it considering it wasn't that expensive. I shouldn't have wasted SGD12 just like that. Let me explain.

This is sticky gel-liquid texture. I tried to use my hands to apply but it became all messy, something like trying to use UHU glue on yourself except it was more liquid. I had to take extra care making sure it was nicely smoothed over my entire face, yet ensuring the bottle placed properly so it doesn't spill out. I have to admit that wasn't the best idea in the first place to use my hands.

Once you actually get past getting some on your face, you face another problem, the ALCOHOL. It smells strongly alcoholic, like one of the science lab experiments you accidentally sniffed and almost wanted to choke. I have no problems with alcohol yet I could not breathe properly with this on my skin. It did not sting though.

It peeled off pretty well after I managed to survive the drying period and I didn't notice anything different (of course, it was only one use). I immediately threw the entire bottle away because I could not imagine having to use it again. I won't purchase ever again, unless somehow it has some serious miraculous effects, it just simply cannot outweigh the cons otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sure there are better peel-offs available but I got this with higher expectations because of how satisfied I was with my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask...the grape seed mask did make my skin smooth after using it however the alcohol in it is very strong. So much so that it caused my eyes to sting and the scent of it irritated my nose a bit. Normally, scented face products would not warrant a less than satisfactory review from me because fortunately I don't have sensitive skin but I wasn't expecting this from this particular product. It was a great value for the money and you get an ample amount in the tube so as far as those aspects it's a commendable purchase. However as far as effectiveness it didn't really do much to be extremely impressed with. Choosing between the grape seed masque and my mint julep...the mint julep is definitely my preference. I suppose if u want to try something new just to see how u like it then u might want to try it. Maybe u might have a better experience than I did, but if u have the time and resources to find a different peel-off I'd recommend doing your research and doing some comparing and contrasting before purchasing this particular masque; especially if u have sensitive skin. The alcohol in this product will likely irritate your skin.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good mask but not my favourite of the Queen Helene range because I prefer clay masks - but it does leave your skin feeling very fresh and soft.

I find that it is kind of difficult to peel off unless you slather quite a lot on.

Still worth the buy though because of the price. This is my boyfriend's fave out of all of the Queen Helene masks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I really don't use masks. I am one of those hoarder people who buys something and I think, "If I use it now, I won't have it to use later." So I just don't use the masks.

However, I was bored and saw this on my counter and thought "peel-off, HOW FUN" and slathered it all over. After it dried I gently peeled it off, with a little stinging, and very heavily moisturized. Later in the day when normally my skin is dry and the lines in my forehead are more prominent, they were not nearly as visible. Kind of remarkable. It prompted me to go out and buy one that wasn't expired and sitting in my cabinet for like 4 years.

It not only made the lines less visible, it also made my skin look much dewier. Normally my cheeks look very matte and dry by the end of the day, but today they still had that nice sheen to them (I wasn't wearing highlighter). I really like this! I don't have issues with clogged pores so I can't really comment on that aspect, but my skin definitely felt much nicer than it normally does.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Get your self some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, cheaper way to get the effects of this mask. I would only use this as a spot treatment since it is extremely drying to the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

My Ulta FINALLY had this in stock, after months of waiting I finally got it! The mask made my skin look brighter and more refreshed, and I could see a difference in how clean my pores were.

There are a couple of downsides to this product, first of all it smells like Fabreeze!!! Literally smells like you are smearing Fabreeze all over your face. The smell fades gradually as the mask dries, but I would steer clear if you are not a fragrance person. its also super thick and hard to spread all over your face. Its definitely a good mask to have on rotation (I have all the QH masks), but approach with caution.